Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Activities that they added seasonally are gone but the WQ campaign and quests are still available. You'll most likely be thrown directly into the first Lightfall mission upon logging in next.
Thank you, sir. Just wasn't certain whether or not I needed to try to jump in and knock something out. No clue what seasonal stuff I missed but it is what it is. Was just wondering if they were boxing any of the old content for stuff I never played. I just couldn't imagine why they would shove old story campaigns if that's indeed what they have been doing.

It's like others have said getting back into the game if you've had a hiatus is pretty daunting both from catching up and learning all of the new systems or changes, also from just simply buying all of the expansions. I kind of wish it was just a paid subscription to where I could pay $10 a month to play the game for a little bit with some friends, and fire it up occasionally.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Seasonal content was all basically six man matchmade activities with weekly story updates, occasionally tied to exotic missions. The exotic missions themselves are being added to a rotator playlist since the weekly locational content is going away. So ultimately you shouldn't miss anything, might just have to wait for some stuff to rotate back in.

Hopefully the Guardian Ranks UI will help keep track of what you have and haven't done in an easily digestible manner.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Seasonal content was all basically six man matchmade activities with weekly story updates, occasionally tied to exotic missions. The exotic missions themselves are being added to a rotator playlist since the weekly locational content is going away. So ultimately you shouldn't miss anything, might just have to wait for some stuff to rotate back in.

Hopefully the Guardian Ranks UI will help keep track of what you have and haven't done in an easily digestible manner.
Yeah I think the last exotic quest I was trying to do was for the sniper rifle, don't remember what the hell it was called but it was basically a Mario jump puzzle disaster. Was playing with a couple of buddies and we would get to I think the final room and I'd be the last person alive. Something whisper maybe. I just got busy with work and almost dying, and hadn't touched the game since then.

It's always been a lot of fun though and I think I might want to jump back in.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
You've got to use the Darkness
You've got to use the Strand
You've got to use the Force, Luke
They made us friends with everyone but the Vex (so far!).
Bungie are worse than Marvel/DC making up shit as they go to keep people on the hook paying for shit.
Already the Traveller sucks and only escaped the last time because Savathun tricked? the Witness? Saved by a darkness race (I mean a race used by the Darkness) from the Darkness? Are you shitting me? Are they setting us up a Captain Planet ending? By OUR RACES COMBINED, WE VANQUINSH THE WITNESS. OR We have to merge the Witness and the Traveller. Because there are no good guys and bad guys!
The narrative is going to be disappointing, I don't see how it can't be in 2023/24.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
there are no good guys and bad guys!

This has been the point of the entire franchise thanks for keeping up.

You guys can act like this is retconning or bad storytelling but there's also a hundred lore books in game and out that have been pointing this direction for years.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My best friend and I have been casually playing Destiny II off and on for a couple years, but recently we've begun to take it a bit more seriously. I've never been in a clan myself and he's in some random clan that has no one in it, but if there's an active forum clan we'd appreciate a spot if there are slots for both of us.

We're both intelligent, competent players, but our experience is limited because we've only played with each other (or randoms from easymode matchmade content) so we haven't done anything that couldn't be completed by two casual players. I don't know if it means anything at all, but all of the Lost Sectors that I've tried, I've completed on Master without dying. Including the K1 series which have a reputation for sucking (or so I read).

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>

You guys can act like this is retconning or bad storytelling but there's also a hundred lore books in game and out that have been pointing this direction for years.
Nice strawman: No one ( I mean me) said anything about "retconning". It will be bad, unsatisfying storytelling, though.
"SAURON'S NOT A BAD GUY, HE'S JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!!1" "There's no Light side and Dark side of the Force!!!"
Forecast says: Probably disappointing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nice strawman: No one ( I mean me) said anything about "retconning". It will be bad, unsatisfying storytelling, though.
"SAURON'S NOT A BAD GUY, HE'S JUST MISUNDERSTOOD!!1" "There's no Light side and Dark side of the Force!!!"
Forecast says: Probably disappointing.

All 5 of your posts in this thread have been about how Destiny used to be written well and now it's not. You don't need to beat the drum dude.

I've never been in a clan myself and he's in some random clan that has no one in it, but if there's an active forum clan we'd appreciate a spot if there are slots for both of us.

Not a forum specific clan but I can send two invites if you want to DM me your Bungie tags.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
All 5 of your posts in this thread have been about how Destiny used to be written well and now it's not. You don't need to beat the drum dude.

Not a forum specific clan but I can send two invites if you want to DM me your Bungie tags.
I'll post about what the fuck I want to post about. I will beat whatever drum I like until the mods tell me different. Don't like them? Neg them or don't read them. IDGAF. I loved/had loved/still love the game and have spent hundreds/thousands of hours playing it across three platforms since the day it launched. I bought a PS4 to play Destiny. The Traveler is my Twitter background image. I'm invested in where this story is going and I don't think I'll going to like where it ends. You'll just have to suffer my comments well or not at all.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I refunded Lightfall. I only decided to play it 2 days ago, but I really cannot see it being a great time. I hope I'm wrong and maybe it's something great. I'll keep an eye on it. For a guy with 3 thousand hours in the game it feels like I've just shot my dog.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Eh, the Story has been in flux since Destiny 1, with each new batch of writers adding their touch to the base idea of it over the years. You've had to notice this since you're probably one of the few here who has been playing it long enough. Its not a bad thing, but I felt there was a stretch where the writers didn't know what they wanted to do, then some new writers came in and made those decisions just prior / during Witch Queen onward. I think the biggest failure has been the Traveller, at least compared to how fleshed out Rhualk and The Witness have been. I'm hoping The Witness snuffs out the Traveller and all the Guardians have their Ghosts obliterated to be replaced by collars of Darkness, becoming a new type of Hive. ;p

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Occasionally I'll go back and watch the original trailer for Destiny and imagine what a cool grand space opera it could have been. Then again I do the same with The Division and Anthem too.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Occasionally I'll go back and watch the original trailer for Destiny and imagine what a cool grand space opera it could have been. Then again I do the same with The Division and Anthem too.
MEH, the game is def not perfect but its the best looter shooter weve got by far. Some games get the shooting right and some get the looting right but the shooting sucks. Destiny has always had the best shooting but I feel it still lacks on the loot department although it got better last year for sure with the craftable weapons. A grind I could get behind.

But content wise there is none like it. It was the first to bring raids that of WoW and other mmorpgs to console. The sheer grand scale of its environments are unmatched in the shooter looter genre. And while D2 released kind of weak it only has gotten better and better through the years. Is release on PC has changed the game to something even better than it was on console, And the only looter shooter that has stood the test of time. I feel the only one that got close was Division, but with its lacking "universe" being tethered to Tom Clancy lore and pretty much dead games now with no new content being added like it is to Destiny regularly.

Is it perfect? Hell no, but its the best weve got and honestly if you have not played it recently youre doing yourself a disservice as a gamer.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
You've got to use the Darkness
You've got to use the Strand
You've got to use the Force, Luke
They made us friends with everyone but the Vex (so far!).
Bungie are worse than Marvel/DC making up shit as they go to keep people on the hook paying for shit.
Already the Traveller sucks and only escaped the last time because Savathun tricked? the Witness? Saved by a darkness race (I mean a race used by the Darkness) from the Darkness? Are you shitting me? Are they setting us up a Captain Planet ending? By OUR RACES COMBINED, WE VANQUINSH THE WITNESS. OR We have to merge the Witness and the Traveller. Because there are no good guys and bad guys!
The narrative is going to be disappointing, I don't see how it can't be in 2023/24.

Technically there are hints that Asher Mir is a friendly harpy we encountered a couple times since Io went poof, so there are friendly vex!

You're 100% right but it's also an issue in itself. Bungie does not make it abundantly clear to the average person that the true meat of the lore/story is to be found by reading.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
FFS, I couldn't shoot the dog. It gets one last chance to redeem itself.

4jlv3n.png

• 1Worf

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
MEH, the game is def not perfect but its the best looter shooter weve got by far. Some games get the shooting right and some get the looting right but the shooting sucks. Destiny has always had the best shooting but I feel it still lacks on the loot department although it got better last year for sure with the craftable weapons. A grind I could get behind.

But content wise there is none like it. It was the first to bring raids that of WoW and other mmorpgs to console. The sheer grand scale of its environments are unmatched in the shooter looter genre. And while D2 released kind of weak it only has gotten better and better through the years. Is release on PC has changed the game to something even better than it was on console, And the only looter shooter that has stood the test of time. I feel the only one that got close was Division, but with its lacking "universe" being tethered to Tom Clancy lore and pretty much dead games now with no new content being added like it is to Destiny regularly.

Is it perfect? Hell no, but its the best weve got and honestly if you have not played it recently youre doing yourself a disservice as a gamer.

Agreed. I used to rip the shit out this game quite regularly until a buddy said we should play it and I would like the Witch Queen. So got that and started having an absolute blast and the loot chase began. Admittedly, I am also a story guy though so coming in on the tail end of Wrath of the Lich King as far as build up. So I am excited to see what happens here with the Witness and the culmination of everything over the next two years. I also found that seasons here are not traditional seasons we see in Apex - wher eyou get cosmetics and a new hero and MAYBE a new map. Seasons here has BOAT loads of content, story stuff, maybe a dungeon - so the season pass stuff is absolutely worth it for the sheer amount of content given. Yeah you get cosmetics and level up and such with the season pass, but you also get access to all the cool itemization ideas, crafting style, missions, and activities. Played Heist on Sunday before Seraph went away and had a blast and wishing I would have had more time with that - so I am really looking forward to running through the story on legendary and going into season 20 content afterwards. Before when I last played, an expansion was about 4 hours worth of content and then back to really doing nothing but grinding light levels. That is no longer the case now.

• 1Like