Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok ha - rookie mistake. I am trying to get better stat level armor for Disc and Res and hopefully mobility to 100. Sounds like this is where some grind sets in.

For defiant battlegrounds can anyone open the chest when the defiant battleground is over? I was having issues opening the chest if another player in my fire team opened it first. Wasn't sure if that was just me not paying enough attention to where I had to be to get the icon to pop.

Also, is there a bug currently where if I focus Disc (Been told to focus Disc and the rest fall in line for the most part, it isn't populating? I heard to not focus for now and keep it random because the armor stat pops are not good. Or maybe they were nerfed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah you set your ghosts mod to discipline. Because the way armor rolls in destiny is the top 3 lines are linked and the bottom 3 are linked and there is only so much in a roll value you can get, I think max is 68 or 69?, so the only stat really that matters in the bottom 3 columns is disc. So this guarantees at least a 10 roll on disc and usually it will throw the rest into the top 3 such as resilience, recov and mobility, but not always. Its still RNG at the end of the day and you got to keep rolling until you hit some nice ones.

Also if youre a hunter youre at a disadvantage with stats and mobility. Its tough to roll all 4 stats you need on only the 4 armor pieces you have. Other classes have it easier only focusing on 3, as they dont need mobility. So what I would do is concentrate fist on resilience, which gives a flat damage resistance. IMO way more important than the other 3 stats. Then its up to you what to ficus on. Mobility is the hunter stat which gives faster dodges and some movement and jump bonus. Recovery is important because when you lose health this detimines how quickly you start to recover. But its not so important on certain builds like void where you take advantage of devour, which basically insta heals you every time you pick up and orb of power. Discipline is how fast you get your grenade back. I mean its nice to have your grenade ready faster but is it as important as the other 3? You be the judge.

My hunter is kinda scuffed since it was my least played class until I got the Gyrfalcons chest piece and began the wonderful world of void explosions last season. But here are his stats...

1679326308851.png

So the armor I have basically gives me scuffed mobility, but 100 in disc and resilience. Since I have devour on basically 100% on this build I dont need recovery. Like I said, when devour procs every time I pick up and orb, I get insta healed and this lasts 10 sec until I kill the next mob and refreshes...etc... But I would love to get more mobility for sure maybe take disc down to 80. It takes basically god roll pieces to score 3 of your stats to 100.

You can also go to 90 on resilience as well since the last 10 points only give you 7% more damage resistance.

Keep rolling those pieces and when you have some go to D2ArmorPicker.com and this will basically tell you what pieces to use and where with what mods to get the best possible combo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok awesome thanks!

mkopec mkopec this helped a ton - I can get to 104 res and 91 Disc - only downside though right now is I would have to use lucky pants which doesn't really go to the build. So that's where I will keep rolling for better stat armor and bank stuff going forward. Usually bank anything 64+? or 60+ to start ya think? I scrap a lot of things I probably shouldn't have before.

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I milked engram farming during season of the chosen to get all my high star gear. Wish I had done it on all three classes at the time, my hunter and titan are paste eaters compared to my warlock for good stat gear and build swapping.

Fadaar

That guy
I milked engram farming during season of the chosen to get all my high star gear. Wish I had done it on all three classes at the time, my hunter and titan are paste eaters compared to my warlock for good stat gear and build swapping.

I usually go really hard during the Christmas/Summer events. I did get a lot of good armor last season for some reason, heist battlegrounds seemed to shit out 63+ stat armor all the time.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Iron Banana coming this week usually drops some bangers too and you can also focus shit...

1679330913686.png
1679330965620.png
1679330994970.png
1679331054628.png

But season of the chosen was the best IMO. This season its cheap as hell, 2 engrams for one piece and those engrams drop from all activities, shit I have like 90 to spend. Takes more rolls for the good shit but you can also score some good ones...

1679331217906.png
1679331240095.png
1679331269882.png
1679331313791.png

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok awesome thanks!

mkopec mkopec this helped a ton - I can get to 104 res and 91 Disc - only downside though right now is I would have to use lucky pants which doesn't really go to the build. So that's where I will keep rolling for better stat armor and bank stuff going forward. Usually bank anything 64+? or 60+ to start ya think? I scrap a lot of things I probably shouldn't have before.
I would bank anything thats spikey in the good stats 64+, and if you dont have too many even go down to 62 or so until you build up your collection of the good 64+ shit.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
bleh, everything legend difficulty and above is just a fucking slog now. i'm all for difficulty increase but the scaling is just stupid.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Usually bank anything 64+? or 60+ to start ya think? I scrap a lot of things I probably shouldn't have before.

Save 60+ since you're new. Raise your standards as you acquire better gear. Typically you want 20+ spikes in two stats you care about.

^ This will grade all of your shit.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
bleh, everything legend difficulty and above is just a fucking slog now. i'm all for difficulty increase but the scaling is just stupid.
Yeah its not that its more difficult, I mean it is in a way but its more annoying than anything.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Yeah its not that its more difficult, I mean it is in a way but its more annoying than anything.
yep, ran a master and it took over 40 mins just due to the hp buffs they get. With no way to upgrade our DPS due to cap. Kind of dumb that they even have a 15 min timer on it too.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

Fadaar

That guy
yep, ran a master and it took over 40 mins just due to the hp buffs they get. With no way to upgrade our DPS due to cap. Kind of dumb that they even have a 15 min timer on it too.

If they want people to stick around they're gonna have to revisit the scaling, preferably sooner rather than later. I don't even want to do anything Legend+ because it just takes too fucking long.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If they want people to stick around they're gonna have to revisit the scaling, preferably sooner rather than later. I don't even want to do anything Legend+ because it just takes too fucking long.
Last years seasonal dungeon was perfect, Seraph shield or whatever? Yeah, that shit was perfect difficulty IMO. They should use that as a baseline for all content. The standard was no problem and the legend was harder although still could solo through it no problem. The seasonal activity though, last season, was ass. This seasons activity is much better and I love the powerups they added. The seasonal dungeon thing, the vex scape for the verxcalibur is way to difficult on legend. This whole game does not have to be a slog fest. Take for example neoluna. That shit gets on your nerves after a while. Mobs are all +5 which is ok, but then you have roamer mini boss which are like a million HP and then you have the threshers raining down fire from above, I mean who the fuck asked for this shit? Who asked for patrols to be harder than they were? Then the same problem when there isnt anything going on, like the public event things there is like no mobs to find. Also who the fuck is going to be doing this shit past the first season when they are done farming for all their shit?

Lost sectors are ass now too. Some of the boses have like 10 billion HP and why did they have to make legend 1830 or +20? What was wrong with the way they were before +15? I didnt see too many people complaining they were EZ. Pus they are all unbalanced with each other too. Why would you do one of the harder longer ones like the new neoluna ones if you have shit like chamber of starlight or the old school EDZ which you can do in a fraction of the time? How are we getting rewarded for the longer ones?

Nightfalls going from hero to legend is what 20 difference? and only 5 difference between master and legend? Whats the use of master then when GM arrives? Why is legend so fucking high?

Another question I have is with no more power levels for the rest of they year, who the fuck is going to be running strike playlists and gambit or PvP for that matter for those who hate it and jsut bare it for the pinnacles right now? They better make those seasonal rank up rewards fucking GREAT, or thouse playlists will be dead. PvP will be nothing but sweatlords without the blueberries populating it for the pinnacles every week.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nightfalls going from hero to legend is what 20 difference? and only 5 difference between master and legend? Whats the use of master then when GM arrives? Why is legend so fucking high?

Each difficulty increase is another 5 power delta. Rewards go up as they get higher, same as always... Master runs give mats but not adept weapons, and GM's also guarantee 2 more prisms per run with a much higher chance of extra golf balls.

Another question I have is with no more power levels for the rest of they year, who the fuck is going to be running strike playlists and gambit or PvP for that matter for those who hate it and jsut bare it for the pinnacles right now?

Power isn't going to be gone for the whole year, there just isn't going to be an increase next season. Season 22 should see another power increase though. I expect Season of the Deep grind will be guardian ranks, commendations and whatever activity + currency they add. I only enter the playlists you mention for seasonal challenges anyway; doubt activity levels drop in any meaningful way.

Fadaar

That guy
Last years seasonal dungeon was perfect, Seraph shield or whatever? Yeah, that shit was perfect difficulty IMO. They should use that as a baseline for all content. The standard was no problem and the legend was harder although still could solo through it no problem. The seasonal activity though, last season, was ass. This seasons activity is much better and I love the powerups they added. The seasonal dungeon thing, the vex scape for the verxcalibur is way to difficult on legend. This whole game does not have to be a slog fest. Take for example neoluna. That shit gets on your nerves after a while. Mobs are all +5 which is ok, but then you have roamer mini boss which are like a million HP and then you have the threshers raining down fire from above, I mean who the fuck asked for this shit? Who asked for patrols to be harder than they were? Then the same problem when there isnt anything going on, like the public event things there is like no mobs to find. Also who the fuck is going to be doing this shit past the first season when they are done farming for all their shit?

Lost sectors are ass now too. Some of the boses have like 10 billion HP and why did they have to make legend 1830 or +20? What was wrong with the way they were before +15? I didnt see too many people complaining they were EZ. Pus they are all unbalanced with each other too. Why would you do one of the harder longer ones like the new neoluna ones if you have shit like chamber of starlight or the old school EDZ which you can do in a fraction of the time? How are we getting rewarded for the longer ones?

Another question I have is with no more power levels for the rest of they year, who the fuck is going to be running strike playlists and gambit or PvP for that matter for those who hate it and jsut bare it for the pinnacles right now? They better make those seasonal rank up rewards fucking GREAT, or thouse playlists will be dead. PvP will be nothing but sweatlords without the blueberries populating it for the pinnacles every week.
Each difficulty increase is another 5 power delta. Rewards go up as they get higher, same as always... Master runs give mats but not adept weapons, and GM's also guarantee 2 more prisms per run with a much higher chance of extra golf balls.

Power isn't going to be gone for the whole year, there just isn't going to be an increase next season. Season 22 should see another power increase though. I expect Season of the Deep grind will be guardian ranks, commendations and whatever activity + currency they add. I only enter the playlists you mention for seasonal challenges anyway; doubt activity levels drop in any meaningful way.

I've seen alleged leaks mentioned on YT that light level will be gone entirely in the near future. Progression will be XP based or some shit. If this really isn't true and they're just going to leave the cap at 1810 for half the year then eh yeah you won't see me doing a single gambit, crucible, or strike playlist past this season. Well, I guess that's not entirely true. I'll do crucible and gambit enough during a double xp week to get level 7 rep for the new shader then bow out for the rest of the season. And a-fucking-men on the lost sector thing. Holy fuck I tried one of the Neomuna ones (the one that takes place on Calus's ship) and I just straight gave up. Cleared it once and it took like 20 minutes. I need the Hunter strand helmet and tomorrow it's going to be a Nessus one (bookmark Destiny 2: Lost Sector – Legend and Master if you haven't) so I plan on farming the shit out of it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I specifically remember no more power for the rest of the year in one of their blogs or whatever.

Guardian Ranks and Commendations? LOL? Are you going to run strikes and gambit for that shit? I sure as hell am not. I want loot. And one of the problems they have with this game is that armor is one and done, so you dont even have to grind that shit because once you have a few pieces youre done. So all they have is guns and honestly another strike/gambit/pvp gun is not going to get players in there unless its like meta defining.

Only way I see maybe is some cosmetic shit dropping, people love the cosmetics. I would grind for some cool cosmetics. But all that shit is tied to the store so I doubt they will unleash cosmetics rather than us paying for them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I specifically remember no more power for the rest of the year in one of their blogs or whatever.

This is the entire statement and it does not say we wont have power increases all year it just says that they're going to be tweaking difficulty settings all year with some kind of revamp taking place in Final Shape (the removal of power completely, probably).

You may have noticed that we have been experimenting a lot with our Power settings over the last few seasons, and we are planning on taking on even more experiments this year. We think that there are some major issues with Power in Destiny 2 and how it prevents players from seeing some of our best content, so we’d like to make a big change to the system in The Final Shape. However, to understand more about how our changes could be improved, we want to keep tweaking our Power settings over the year of Lightfall.

Some of these tweaks might be found in our back end with little transparency to the average Guardian, while others will be front and center. For example, when Lightfall launches, we will have a Power climb that is very similar to that in The Witch Queen, but later in Season of the Deep, we don’t plan to raise the Power or pinnacle cap at all.

and I'm not saying I WANT guardian ranks to be the grind, but with it resetting partially every season and power levels being treated the way that they are, I can see a future where the grind is just acquiring ranks.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
It's just annoying that for the 10 steps forward they took during WQ they took 9 steps right back with where the game is ATM. Gameplay, as always, is still stellar. Strand is fantastic. The new buildcrafting I'm torn on -- on one hand, it's much simpler but on the other hand it pretty much leads to me using the nearly same armor mods for every class/subclass combo. The big negatives are the massive scaling in activities when running anything other than solo, which started in Seraph Shield but has spread to everything else in LF. But then in LF, doing stuff on legend solo is just as bad if not worse because there's nobody around to rez you or draw fire. Seraph Shield legend difficulty, like mentioned by mkopec, was fucking perfect. I absolutely loved running that mission. It's ridiculous that the only endgame content that you aren't gimped or scaled to hell and back is the fuckin' raid.