Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Please stop buying these half assed games so they'll stop making them.

• 2Picard
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
thats why everyone keeps saying its D1.5, not D2. Hell, they are even reusing a lot of the exotic armor/gun names from D1 like Dunemarchers, etc.

The forgotten sector stuff sounds interesting and not something we saw in beta, I guess its sorta randomized areas you can go in and kill a mini boss and stuff for loot. Sorta a mix of public events and solo strikes, I guess? I wonder if they are gonna do anything like the arena stuff they had in RoI, that was pretty fun.

I really wouldn't expect most people to stick with D2 more than 2 months - enough time to see the main story (first weekend), level up and get a bunch of decent gear (2 weeks), run the raid a few times (+3 weeks), do some PVP, play the iron banner once or twice and then... you are more or less done until the next xpac/DLC, which will probably not be that great. The treadmill has just became way too obvious, but I don't really fault bungie you can only fake it out so long before most people stop caring.

I do hate though that they are certainly gonna implement microtransactions and stuff again. Can't get around it without boycotting games, but its really annoying seeing every "game as a service" now do Microtransactions, paid DLCs, and $100 launch editions and still deliver shitty "game as a service" new content.

Ladro

Anomaly
There's also the time gated secret shit that will get discovered and then everyone will wait till the next cycle to try and get it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Still trying to finalize what they can get away with ripping out to sell as DLC is my guess

This...doesn't seem like all that much to do. Kind of concerning.

Dqz7QQh.jpg
Apparently the answer was almost everything

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
thats why everyone keeps saying its D1.5, not D2. Hell, they are even reusing a lot of the exotic armor/gun names from D1 like Dunemarchers, etc.

The forgotten sector stuff sounds interesting and not something we saw in beta, I guess its sorta randomized areas you can go in and kill a mini boss and stuff for loot. Sorta a mix of public events and solo strikes, I guess? I wonder if they are gonna do anything like the arena stuff they had in RoI, that was pretty fun.

I really wouldn't expect most people to stick with D2 more than 2 months - enough time to see the main story (first weekend), level up and get a bunch of decent gear (2 weeks), run the raid a few times (+3 weeks), do some PVP, play the iron banner once or twice and then... you are more or less done until the next xpac/DLC, which will probably not be that great. The treadmill has just became way too obvious, but I don't really fault bungie you can only fake it out so long before most people stop caring.

I do hate though that they are certainly gonna implement microtransactions and stuff again. Can't get around it without boycotting games, but its really annoying seeing every "game as a service" now do Microtransactions, paid DLCs, and $100 launch editions and still deliver shitty "game as a service" new content.
unfortunately, there aren't any game that is as appealing as D2 at the moment in terms of Sci-fi FSP with your friends..

This sucks because the game has become a "sport" and not a hobby. It is like a new kind of recreational activity instead of a hobby of like-minded people. You gotta buy it. You gotta do it. It is like football in US... you were a loser if you didn't play football..etc..That is why people are willing to put up with this bullshit micro-transaction...

I hope we get another nerd insurgence somewhere.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only have 5 strikes seems a bit low, hopefully that list doesn't include the PS4 exclusive. How many strikes did D1 have at release, 3? It looks like the "80+ missions" includes Story, Adventure, and Lost Sectors, but I wonder if that is a complete list. I remember that they added mini-campaign mission lines after you completed the main Story (started that with the DLC's).

I wonder if they are going to have a rotation of available Lost Sectors, rather than having them all accessible immediately.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Only have 5 strikes seems a bit low, hopefully that list doesn't include the PS4 exclusive. How many strikes did D1 have at release, 3? It looks like the "80+ missions" includes Story, Adventure, and Lost Sectors, but I wonder if that is a complete list. I remember that they added mini-campaign mission lines after you completed the main Story (started that with the DLC's).

I wonder if they are going to have a rotation of available Lost Sectors, rather than having them all accessible immediately.
D1 had 5 strikes plus an extra one for PS players I'm pretty sure. So D2 has the same number as D1 at release

Devils Lair
Summoning Pits
Nexus
Winters run
Cerberus Vae

And the PS exclusive was Dust Palace, which honestly I would have rather not had at all since it was so much worse than the rest that everyone left when it came up as a random

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Any world on DLC yet? Drk below was like what, 4 months after release? House of wolves was 9 or so after launch?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
PC players - If I enjoyed the shit out of launch D1 (quit when first DLC came out) is D2 worth picking up based on your beta experience?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PC players - If I enjoyed the shit out of launch D1 (quit when first DLC came out) is D2 worth picking up based on your beta experience?
Yes. The PvE in D2 will be better than D1 (not sure about the actual Story), but I imagine the PvP side of things will be a mess for awhile.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Multi tool is back. I am sold :) Still going to play on PS4 though. Couch face shooting > chair face shooting.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Is this a not-so-MMO MMO?

its peak casual wow, you can login anytime, do raid finder and you only need 4 other randos not 25 or 40, grab some loot, farm some gold, and then go back to watching football

even better no sub fee

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, that sounds awful. Why would anyone want to play that?

I'll see you clowns on launch day with my mouse spoofed as a controller.