Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just got to 240, is there any way to see your play time? I've done 6 or 7 strikes, haven't cleared quests on any planet yet.
Yeah, there is sites like guardian.com or some shit that track all that stuff. Look for it.

I think even bungies site has it too.

spronk

FPS noob
I did the nightfall (260 version?) and it really wasn't too bad, we actually ran it 3 times trying to finish with 5 mins left but every time did it with 2-3 mins left, just a few fuckups at the end with someone always dying when trying to 10 second arc super him. I don't really give a shit about an exotic sidearm (when the fuck would I ever use it) so not a huge priority for me, but if anyone does have the rat king final quest step and wants to group up just msg me, thediamondage on PSN, and we can give it a shot sometime. I used Destiny LFG to find a group, only took a few mins and we did the entire rat king questline together (need a fireteam to do the regular steps). Very curious though how hard the prestige 300 challenge mode nightfall is, I imagine its gonna be super tough at ~275 light.

Probably gonna screw around and level an alt tomorrow, a guy in the fireteam said if you just do public events and patrols to level from 2-20, when you run the full campaign story at 20 with infused 270+ gear from your main you will get high level drops for all the quest stuff especially near the end. Takes ~8 hours to level from 2-20 on EDZ, plus your alt gets a sparrow from your main so no walking.

Hitting 280 is really, really nice, all those blue mods I bought can now be converted to +5 light mods and my light level immediately shot up from doing that to a bunch of armor and weapons.

Someone else cleared the nightfall in a clan group so don't forget to pick up your powered clan nightfall engram from hawthorne in the tower before the reset on tuesday
FOH Clan | Bungie.net

Last edited:

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife and I are playing. I started Sat and already 232. Really enjoying the heroic public events and the arc warlock.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Interested to see how much cheddar bungie made just this past week. Think this thing is/will be monstrous.... I poop socked this week in a way I've not done in years, and had a great time doing it

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
276, literally only thing left is PvP stuff until next week/raid opens up. Going to take a break until then.

No wait I still have adventures left on Io and Nessus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Friend and I figured out to get sentryx4 for the farm campfire tonight which eventually lead to scout commander which lead to way too much time being wasted running around, jumping around and infecting other people with it. Sort of felt like Crackdown with that buff on.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going to get this for my son's birthday. Due to our shitty internet connection, I'm hoping that me and him can duo most of the non "raid" content. We've played Dark Souls together and it was mostly ok, but I could tell we lagged a bit, and wouldn't want to subject anyone's enjoyment to our crappy connection. I'm hoping he picks either Titan or Warlock, and I'll just play the other as from what little research I have done, those seem to be the best equipped for this. (Hunters look really really squishy, and high skill)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like the game really does not care what gear your character is wearing or what gear it has in the inventory when it determines the power lvl of drops. I got a set of lvl200 grean gear from the vendors, equipped it, and put all my high lvl gear in the Vault (max lvl is now 281), then ran some Lost Sectors. All the blue gear, and one legendary engram I got were 273. So this makes me think that once my Titan hits lvl20, all the drops it will get will also be 273+, seems like a good system.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looks like the game really does not care what gear your character is wearing or what gear it has in the inventory when it determines the power lvl of drops. I got a set of lvl200 grean gear from the vendors, equipped it, and put all my high lvl gear in the Vault (max lvl is now 281), then ran some Lost Sectors. All the blue gear, and one legendary engram I got were 273. So this makes me think that once my Titan hits lvl20, all the drops it will get will also be 273+, seems like a good system.
It's based on the max power level gear across all of your characters that you can equip. I'd imagine that once your titan gets to 20 you will benefit from the weapons, but you won't be able to equip the armor so drops won't be as high as your main

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Also, I've noticed that you can occasionally get legendary mods by buying the random rare mods. Of course I keep getting hunter cloak legendary mods on my warlock

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Is it just me, or is Stormcaller just hands-down better than Dawnblade / Voidwalker? Between going full Emperor Palpatine as a super and the utility of Arc Soul I seem to be much more effective as Stormcaller. I'm also a bit surprised they didn't come up with a genuinely new subclass for each of the main classes, but I guess they wanted to stick to the Arc/Fire/Void trifecta of elements.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's based on the max power level gear across all of your characters that you can equip. I'd imagine that once your titan gets to 20 you will benefit from the weapons, but you won't be able to equip the armor so drops won't be as high as your main

Items are level restricted, not light restricted. So once you hit lv 20, you can now equip everything from your main.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
the strike is fucking bullshit. no one wants to run strike on random roll and only strike pubs are willing to do is Arm Dealer Strike. Out of 9 Total Strikes I did yesterday, 8 were Arm Dealer. I mean jesus. That's fucked. Some of the Strike bugged out. The door wouldn't open because there was only 5 void light to destroy out of 6. I probably teleported out of 6 strikes because pubs wouldn't do shit, strike bugged out, or people just straight up sucked.

Fuck.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW, so how are you guys getting higher than 265? I got to about 266 and it seems like all purples now are fixed at 265 for me. All the purple engrams and coin hand in rewards seem to be capped at 265 for me. I understand the exotics, as I got the mida at 280, but the fuck if im gonna farm exotic engrams, that shit is too rare.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
the strike is fucking bullshit. no one wants to run strike on random roll and only strike pubs are willing to do is Arm Dealer Strike. Out of 9 Total Strikes I did yesterday, 8 were Arm Dealer. I mean jesus. That's fucked. Some of the Strike bugged out. The door wouldn't open because there was only 5 void light to destroy out of 6.

Fuck.

They seem to rotate daily, which ones pop more. It was the same way in D1. They would get stuck on one or two strikes that were popping more than others. also the strike that is the nighfall would pop more %age than the others too. It must be weighed in some way.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
When people say Light Level they really mean Power Level right? Or am I missing something.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Items are level restricted, not light restricted. So once you hit lv 20, you can now equip everything from your main.
Isn't the armor class restricted though? So unless you make the same class you won't be able to equip any of the armor

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When people say Light Level they really mean Power Level right? Or am I missing something.

Yeah I guess its a hold over from D1, lol. It used to be called light level, as in how much light you harnessed or some shit.

• 1Like