Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well thats like all games with levels and gear really. Which game do you really feel powerful when you level up and get more gears anymore? All games scale to your power these days. In this game the weapons really feel more powerful, at least in feeling, lol. But yeah I agree with you mist, the thing is its this new games as a service bullshit, they want to keep people logging on and this is the only way they see to do it. I would say fuck the level thing and just keep adding more and more weapons to grind for but thats like more dev work for them.
BDO. Go from 180 to 200 AP, you feel it and new places open up. Go from 200 to 235, you still feel the increase and even more places open up. But its all still a grind that most people won't feel like doing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well thats like all games with levels and gear really. Which game do you really feel powerful when you level up and get more gears anymore?
Most decent ARPGs, they have skill trees and synergies and you get multiplicatively more powerful, especially once you get certain build-defining items and set bonuses, etc.

Even in WoW, your rotations change and stuff, haste makes you cast things faster which makes you feel more powerful, etc.

Power level does absolutely nothing in Destiny. Yes, there are weapon perks and things that make you more powerful, but power level is just stupid.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Getting caught up is extremely straight forward.

The intro quest for Opulence boosts you to 690 power. They couldn't make it much easier. Season of the Drifter had boost quests straight to 640.

Yeah sure, but then you have to upgrade your entire arsenal and armor too. Which takes time. But yeah, im glad they added that shit. Doing powerful engrams for 5 weeks in old ass content you did 100x is not my idea of fun.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
This game is so mainstreamed that farming for gear will not give you huge advantage. It will however give you a chance for an edge....

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The Power Surge quest, upon completion on one character, adds 690 gear to all 3 characters, and it unlocks the raid. Menagerie is damn fun ATM cause it is on the hard side. You need to see it though, they did a great job with it. I got to 710 just poking around tonight. It does not feel as much like a chore like it has in the past.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Each round of Menagerie has some kind of raid mechanic and keeps getting harder and harder until the timer is up, then you move on to the next one. No timer on boss that I've seen. It's fun. Gonna be hard as fuck when they release heroic.

spronk

FPS noob
apparently cross save is being announced for Destiny 2 tomorrow, i would probably jump back in if i could import my ps4 chars to PC

spronk

FPS noob
destiny 2 will also be coming to google stadia so that explains a bit more about the cross save

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I wonder how they will handle people like myself that already have six characters across two platforms.

Ladro

Anomaly

spronk

FPS noob
Bungie is hosting a Destiny 2 stream today at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern to reveal the next expansion and their plans for the game going forward, but Engadget accidentally put their news article up early.
  • The game is being renamed to Destiny 2: New Light
  • Once Shadowkeep launches on September 17th, the base game will go free-to-play and include "all year one content, including "foundational modes, activities and rewards."" So you'll be able to play the base game, as well as the content added as part of the Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions, for free
  • "This represents a change for the Destiny franchise as it seeks to lure gamers away from popular free titles like Fortnite. Previously, players paid upfront for the game and bought big expansions to gain access to new raids, missions and in-game items, either separately or as an annual pass subscription. Now, the core game will stay free, while additional content will be made available in the form of paid "à la carte" offerings like Shadowkeep."
  • Going forward, no more content will be made exclusive to one platform over others. All platforms will have the same access to all new content at the same time
  • Cross-save will be added for Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia. No PS4 support for now
  • Soon, the game will move from Battle.net to Steam on PC. Existing Battle.net players will be able to migrate all characters and purchases over to the Steam version once this happens

well fuck me and my PS4 save i guess lol

Ladro

Anomaly
That implies cross save will come with the expansion which doesn’t make sense if the assets are in the game already. Promo assets maybe? Steam is an interesting choice given the complaints on the revenue model but makes sense if they want a piece of the Epic pie.

Glad I’m an Xbox player, can’t wait to play on PC.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, PC made this game 200% better. All of you xboners should try this on PC. Running this shit at 150 frames with better graphics and 105FOV is a wonder to behold. It was already the smootheest shooter on the consoles by far, but the PC version jsut made it so much better.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bungie is hosting a Destiny 2 stream today at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern to reveal the next expansion and their plans for the game going forward, but Engadget accidentally put their news article up early.
  • The game is being renamed to Destiny 2: New Light
  • Once Shadowkeep launches on September 17th, the base game will go free-to-play and include "all year one content, including "foundational modes, activities and rewards."" So you'll be able to play the base game, as well as the content added as part of the Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions, for free
  • "This represents a change for the Destiny franchise as it seeks to lure gamers away from popular free titles like Fortnite. Previously, players paid upfront for the game and bought big expansions to gain access to new raids, missions and in-game items, either separately or as an annual pass subscription. Now, the core game will stay free, while additional content will be made available in the form of paid "à la carte" offerings like Shadowkeep."
  • Going forward, no more content will be made exclusive to one platform over others. All platforms will have the same access to all new content at the same time
  • Cross-save will be added for Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia. No PS4 support for now
  • Soon, the game will move from Battle.net to Steam on PC. Existing Battle.net players will be able to migrate all characters and purchases over to the Steam version once this happens
well fuck me and my PS4 save i guess lol

so no Destiny 3? They will just keep upgrading D2?