Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really? I thought it restocked every 6 hours...

That sucks though... Selling fusion rifles that early on a Saturday morning... What's wrong with them
Yeah 1-4-7-10 is the schedule on vendor resets.

I didn't actually buy the fusion though, ended getting 6 fusions to go with the 4 I already had from engrams while doing 25 Nexus strikes for Bad Juju.

spronk

FPS noob
Fuck man. Really frustrated w/ the PVP. Kinda what I bought this game for. Anybody have some tips/suggestions as a Titan? I am usually 3-4kd in Halo, Titanfall or COD, but am getting my shit absolutely pushed in on this game. I'm not getting the hang of it AT ALL. I move around quite a bit. Should I just take it slower and stare at the mini map the entire time (even though it sucks). After 6 months of hardcore titanfall it's hard to break the habit of running around (or else you're dead).
imo it really depends on the game play. For control you want the bubble build, since its pretty clutch in capping. for rumble (free for all) striker is way, way better since you can just run around punching people to death. imo when you first start out PVPing in D its better going with a fast gun and a shotgun combo, shoot at a distance but quickly swap to shotgun if your minimap shows someone closeby. I really like the handgun in PVP. Also in control use the turrets and vehicles when you first play, while there are good counters to them they make it a lot easier while you learn the maps.

and yeah you really gotta pay attention to the radar way more than titanfall, dunno why. If you crouch you can sometimes hide from radar but not sure how that works. End of the day the games in destiny really depend a lot on team balance, some games I do pretty goddamn awesome and some I do complete shit and honestly its less to do with my skill and more to do with how good the other players are, both on my team and the other side. Honestly I think the PVP in Titanfall is a lot better but the endgame "grind" in Destiny is infinitely better, once you hit g3 or g4 in titanfall there really wasn't anything new to see.

Since its started circulating around a lot now, for the treasure cave grinding there is a funny design decision bungie made. Kill stats are tracked by proximity, not damage done. It sorta makes sense, lets say you are in a fireteam and don't get in a hit on every mob or whatever. But its the same problem Rift had at launch with public rifts: you can AFK at mass killing spots and get FULL REWARDS for doing jack shit. Item drops, grimoire kill stats, level XP, weapon upgrade XP, etc. I've leveled my warlock from 4 to 15 just by sitting there shooting every now and then. After 18 (or 20?) you get blue/purple engram drops too, all while AFK. You gotta be nearby since every 30 mins a public event starts that can kill you if you don't hide, and obviously other people have to be there to be killing stuff. Destiny auto logs you out after 5 mins or so of doing nothing so fire your gun every now and then.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did the raid last night, it was pretty cool in design and better than expected for what it was. However its incredibly short unless going through the gorgon lab a diff way leads to other unknown areas. For all the deaths and time getting to the final fight which is really the 2nd boss you've earned a few materials and a gun or so if lucky. Per risk/reward its a little better than a strike but none of us saw anything we couldnt get outside of the raid yet.

Hopefully we wrap it up sunday since we started at like 1am EST and we were falling asleep by 5am. In those hours i got 5 ascendant energy and 1 purp shotgun.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fuck man. Really frustrated w/ the PVP. Kinda what I bought this game for. Anybody have some tips/suggestions as a Titan? I am usually 3-4kd in Halo, Titanfall or COD, but am getting my shit absolutely pushed in on this game. I'm not getting the hang of it AT ALL. I move around quite a bit. Should I just take it slower and stare at the mini map the entire time (even though it sucks). After 6 months of hardcore titanfall it's hard to break the habit of running around (or else you're dead).
My Striker Titan build in PVP is shoulder charge/shotgun with emphasis on Armor/Agility and next to no Recovery. I just go all out rush mode, and hope for the best.

Oh and flashbang grenades are useful too.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Bunch of us did the raid last night also on PS4 and it was a blast. We didn't kill the last guy because I was sucking and tired. There are two hidden chests in the Gorgon area, we got the easy one. Was just too annoying to track the other one down.

I hope we try finishing it Monday. I think the last boss isn't too bad.

I want the shader from the end.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Huh, I didn't get booted but like my whole friends list but one person is offline. Maybe because I'm in Tower?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Bunch of us did the raid last night also on PS4 and it was a blast. We didn't kill the last guy because I was sucking and tired. There are two hidden chests in the Gorgon area, we got the easy one. Was just too annoying to track the other one down.

I hope we try finishing it Monday. I think the last boss isn't too bad.

I want the shader from the end.
Doubt its only 2 - the caves are huge and the area between the 2 chest and next check point is incredibly short for how big that area is - I wanted to scout it out but my group was tired from lack of loot and it being 6am by the time we were nearing last boss.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Doubt its only 2 - the caves are huge and the area between the 2 chest and next check point is incredibly short for how big that area is - I wanted to scout it out but my group was tired from lack of loot and it being 6am by the time we were nearing last boss.
I have only found videos for two and we did a lot of wandering around in it last night, I could see a third, maybe a fourth if they are SUPER generous. The loot they give would be too much for more than three though I think.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A friend mentioned that you can do the Weekly at the various levels which allow you to get the maximum amount of Marks? Do you need to do the lvl28 first, then go down?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Several people have already said some of this but I'll summarize.

Weapons
Shingen-C or Shingen-E with max weapon stability mods. = Laser accurate rifle of death.
Fusion rifle with fast charge time, instant fire mod, increased range = wtf hax.
Shotgun with increased slide distance = Ragequit

Rocket launcher with a 3 magazine count. Always get that special ammo.

Hand Cannon if you have good aim (Hi2u XIM users!) with reload instantly on kill (Mine also has explosive rounds and increased effective range because fuck everyone on the other team that's why) = Headshots.

Grenades
Titans grenades are nearly all useful
Striker Flashbang is probably the least useful but it does blind. Good for starting out with and coming around corners. Still I would replace this quickly with..
Pulse Grenade + Aftershocks talent. You know all of those Post Mortem Dailies? Congratulations on now being able to complete them faster then anyone else. A.K.A. TitenOPnade
Lightning Grenade. I love using this on control points. People always assume it is done firing before it is and I get an extra one or two kills. It hits like a TRUCK and the bodies start flying.

Defender Grenades Magnetic. Attaches to people and blows up twice. This is my grenade. There are many like it but this one is mine. My grenade is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Spike Grenade: It's like lightning grenade but shorter. Throw it on a wall around facing a turn around a corner and anyone waiting there is...... no longer waiting there.
Suppressor Grenade: GG Special abilities. I don't use this ever but PvP expert groups who time the other teams special abilities could probably make devastating use of it.

Builds + Modes
Rumble = Shoulder Charge + Shotgun. Watch the radar and as soon as you see red start charging in that direction. It will seem like you die a lot and you will but you will still be in the top two. Remember to occasionally scream "I'm the Juggernaught BITCH!" Also note for those jumpers you can also jump THEN shoulder charge them. You can also reverse should charge in mid air. That's right; shoulder charge past someone then jump, turn your camera around and hit shoulder charge for a reverse shoulder charge kill because the Juggernaught does not care about physics.

Control = Defender plus Increased resistance when inside bubble + Shotgun. = This is MY control point. The entire enemy team can sit right the fuck outside and twiddle their fingers because no body kills me inside my bubble. Not even specials used on you inside your bubble will kill you if you have the greater resistance mod. People will still try so occasionally I will pimp slap them until they get the point.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have only found videos for two and we did a lot of wandering around in it last night, I could see a third, maybe a fourth if they are SUPER generous. The loot they give would be too much for more than three though I think.
What loot? no one in raid got anything except from The Templar - we got materials from chest and thats it. The raid albeit awesome is just like the rest of the game, the first boss mechanics just carry on to the final fight with the oracles etc, its almost like youre doing the same thing again. I really hope they drop the repetitiveness in the DLC and future expansions in the game. If i see a relic and sacrificial oracles on one boss i expect to see something completely different upon arriving at the next boss, i also expect more than 2 boss fights for a so called raid, thats just lazy.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We got stuff from every "loot phase" yeah mostly shards but someone got an item from every chest or boss.

The shards/energy are way more useful because you are going to have the gear you need before the raid, it's more light you are missing. At this point I would take a raining down of mats over loot.

If I could change the game I would have exotics only drop from raids and one per boss. That is my old MMO showing through.

As long as the next raid has zero oracles/relic I think we are ok. FPS people need a design built upon in order to really embrace it I think was the design philosophy.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what is the best Exotic weapon anyone has used so far? I have then Pocket Infinity (Fusion Rifle), Bad JuJu (Pulse Rifle), and Ice Breaker (Sniper Rifle) and the Ice Breaker is by far the best one I have with the regenerating ammo aspect of it. It's not even really close.