Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So my two best friends are both 25 (maybe 26 by now) hunter and warlock. I haven't started yet but as the most hardcore gamer of the three of us I'm curious if there's a quick way to get a Titan up to 20 and start getting dem sweet sweet light levels?

Lead me to the building.

spronk

FPS noob
yup, the absolute fastest and "best" way to level up is to do public events as much as you can (get to 100 weekly vanguard cap that way), PVP as much as you can (100 crucible cap), and then spend the rest of your time at the loot cave AFK or plinking away at level 5 mobs. you don't even have to run into the cave to loot anything, all purple/blue engrams will be in your mailbox when you go back to the tower. and yeah get those story missions done so you can unlock every planet.

Doing as many bounties as you can is good too, although skip any that seem impossible (and are literally impossible, like run salvage PVP when mode is a weekend only random one) since there is a small chance for any bounty turn in to give you an exotic bounty which is basically a long quest that rewards you an exotic weapon.

Every 12 hours there or so should net you a ton of blue engrams and a few purple engrams, and probably a few coins and mote of lights after conversion.

One thing I'd say is that I am sort of regretting main'ing my titan now, it feels like the weakest in both PVE and PVP. The good news is that its super easy to switch mains, I will probably switch to warlock once I hit r3 crucible this week. All my weapons can swap over, I already got all purples and an exotic on my warlock (from my titan), and I can toss over all my coins, motes, and consumables. The only thing you really lose is the faction rep you have gained.

I haven't done this weeks nightfall yet since I am grinding towards a solar rocket (machine guns suck so bad...) but here's a reddit post I saw on how to maybe avoid the minotaur at the end, dunno if it works (its a bit vague on whether you have to kill the minotaur or not):

reddit_sl said:
This specific raid is incredibly easy to solo if you've got a sniper with the solar energy, just stock up on some special ammo and give it a whirl. The first area you can sit in the room where it first tells you you cant respawn and just snipe everyone from there until you have killed the 3 eyes. After that look for the captain and kill him then rush up the stairwell and to the right to bypass adds. From there on out just keep your distance and snipe everything until you hit the boss.

Once at the boss there is a pillar that you can jump to on the right side of the room that has a flat base where you can be shot and then a base behind it that you can drop to to avoid any damage while crouching. Play hide and go seek with the boss and adds until you have him killed. I solo'd both and then took my friends through again because it's that quick!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
edit: Checked the bounty vendor for this morning with my phone. The new Queen's bounty is to complete missions wearing her emblem, shader and class item. Which I can't buy, because I don't have enough rep from doing bounties. Fucking stupid.
Having 2-3 a day that you can't do at all (because fuck pvp) is pretty annoying too. If Queen's Wrath follows the same rep requirements as the others the requirement to hit rank 3 in two weeks is way too fucking strict even taking into account the bonus from buying items at rank 1 and 2. Not benefiting from the nightfall buff is bullshit too imo.

Edit: And the Fallen Walker bounty requires 3 killshotsto complete, which is retarded as well.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't know how you guys do the loot cave. I did it for 20 minutes and wanted to kill myself

Needless

Toe Sucker
How often are public events? i've only really seen 3... and 2 of them were just some fallen asshole running away that we never actually killed. Which means i never really bothered looking around for them heh

some of those queens bounties are dumb, i like the pvp in this game so i don't mind that but... 20 headshots with a handgun in pvp? yeah fuck that.

Vorph

Queen's rep doesn't need near as much per rank.
You're right, I phrased that poorly. I should have said that if it follows the increased rep per rank that other reps have that it's way too strict. I'm assuming it's 1000/1500/2000--which works out to 1000/1250/1539 if you take into account the rep items--that's still an average of 270 rep every day for 14 days to hit the cap before it ends. An average day's bounties appears to be 3-4 PVE missions that give 50-100 rep each, so that's roughly 262.5 rep per day. I shouldn't have to get up at 5AM to exploit the bounty reset in order to get a damned shader. :p

Now if it turns out to be 1000/1000/1000 or even 1000/1250/1500, then it's fine. I'll believe that when I see the rank 2 rep bar though.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Beat the raid again last night. I learned two new strategies that made it significantly easier than last time around. Does everyone know about using the hobgoblin sniper spot on the first boss and using the relic shield to do massive amounts of damage on the final boss? I'm probably just behind on the times.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Beat the raid again last night. I learned two new strategies that made it significantly easier than last time around. Does everyone know about using the hobgoblin sniper spot on the first boss and using the relic shield to do massive amounts of damage on the final boss? I'm probably just behind on the times.
Didnt know about the hobgoblin sniper spot on first boss - what are the advantages of that?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Having 2-3 a day that you can't do at all (because fuck pvp) is pretty annoying too. If Queen's Wrath follows the same rep requirements as the others the requirement to hit rank 3 in two weeks is way too fucking strict even taking into account the bonus from buying items at rank 1 and 2. Not benefiting from the nightfall buff is bullshit too imo.

Edit: And the Fallen Walker bounty requires 3 killshotsto complete, which is retarded as well.
So is this rep even worth it, or should I just stick to one of the standard 3? I'm still in a mix of blues and greens without enough light for lvl 21. I'd like to catch up to my buddies as quickly as possible.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Three kill shots for the Fallen Walker has to be a mistake since the Walkers are only found in public quest areas and Strikes. Hopefully they hotfix that promptly

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how you guys do the loot cave. I did it for 20 minutes and wanted to kill myself
I'm pretty sure anyone here who is an EverQuest veteran can sit at the loot cave and shoot bullets into the darkness for days without even needing to piss.

Vorph

Three kill shots for the Fallen Walker has to be a mistake since the Walkers are only found in public quest areas and Strikes. Hopefully they hotfix that promptly
I'm sure it's a mistake, but it's also a mistake that isn't going to be fixed in time to make a difference. Just look at how long the Salvage bounty has been showing up without a fix there.

There's a fallen walker in the Cosmodrome patrol, you can run back there and kill it solo for bounty credit. Assuming no one else in your instance had the same idea, that is. It doesn't respawn so you have to go to orbit to reset it and do it all again.

I'm pretty sure anyone here who is an EverQuest veteran can sit at the loot cave and shoot bullets into the darkness for days without even needing to piss.
Plus you don't actually have to shoot if other people are there to do the "work" for you. Just come back every few minutes to prevent the AFK auto-kick and collect your loot (or don't, if you don't care about the greens and are willing to risk it you can just let the game mail you the blues and purples).

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I tried finding the walker on patrol and just gave up. The lack of an in game map is fucking asinine.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can find one in patrol if you follow the path you'd take for the strike with sepiks prime. It's way off the beaten path so no one is ever there.