Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
they have said it will follow the mmo models, all sequels will preserve your character data and looks and shit

spronk

FPS noob
someone got super mad i guess after getting 6 coins from nightfall
Bungie Executive Swatted, Finds Police Chopper Over His House

article_sl said:
At 4am on Thursday, a police helicopter descended on the street an unnamed Bungie executive resides on, and cops surrounded his home. Authorities had been told the exec "had an assault rifle and he had placed explosives in the yard and he was holding a family hostage".

He had of course done nothing of the sort. The call - the latest incident of "swatting" to affect a member of the video game industry - had been a hoax, and when police got in touch with the suspect to confirm what was happening, he emerged from his home in his bathrobe "very confused at what was going on".

According to KOMO News, local police "believe the suspect has ties to the video game community".
the downside of voice IP, its way too easy nowadays to make a phone call with complete anonymity. can do it all with just a wifi phone at a starbucks

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't help but laugh at ^. I bet that was only phase 1 of the RL trolling though, now those nerds will try to top each other.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Xur selling Truth today, which of course is what I got from one of my nightfall runs this week

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
someone got super mad i guess after getting 6 coins from nightfall
Bungie Executive Swatted, Finds Police Chopper Over His House

the downside of voice IP, its way too easy nowadays to make a phone call with complete anonymity. can do it all with just a wifi phone at a starbucks
Thats like the most shittiest thing you can do to someone you dont know, I think. There is a chance people, even kids dying. This should be tried as attempted murder, IMO. i cant believe someone would stoop that low to do some shit like this to another human being over a fucking video game.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Might try and put together a VoG normal raid tonight. Full run through. If anyone is interested send me a message when you see me on tonight. Might try for 7pm ish est

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
they have said it will follow the mmo models, all sequels will preserve your character data and looks and shit
Isnt the MMO model that you begin anew? Like EQ -> EQ2 and so on. You get some item/look/title because you played number 1 but otherwise, what would attract new people in? "You can start the adventure today! Dont mind the guys running around at half-max level already with glowing epic guns n shit!".

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The Destiny weekly news was as lackluster as ever - more vague comments - You can tell the guy who makes the post is the same idiot who had the stranger say "i dont even have the time to explain why i dont even have the time". All the vague stupid story comments suddenly make sense when you read the vagueness in the weekly progress reports they post.

At any rate its another fail week from Xur with no Hunter gloves.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just finished my Thorn last night. The gun looks so much cooler when observing it from any angle, but holding it first person. I feel like the handle is just gonna snap off. Hate how it looks on my Hunters leg as well, wish we slung them like Lock/Titan because it looks like you couldn't walk with that damn thing down your thigh past your knee catching on everything. I am happy I got it finally though, I'm a handcannon whore.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Because RNG is so bad I don't even bother with raiding anymore. I find that I also care less about what Xur has lately due to all the duplicates he seems to stock. This game is tolerable as a single player experience, but the rewards for cooperative play are a joke.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I've done the raid to full completion once, and got to Gatekeeper once more after the changes. I've pulled the legendary LMG, arms, and some of the fluff stuff in that time. My friend has run the raid on both normal and hard, every week except the first 2 or 3, and has 1 piece of armor from it. He has a few guns, but he is drowning in duplicates, and already has exotics/other legendaries in every weapon slot. The only thing I've seen him excited about getting was the arc dmg handcannon, and only so he doesn't have to sniper swap as much for shield breaking. He nerd rages hard every time I bring up my trips to rewards ratio, and I'm right there with him. Glad I've been lucky.

spronk

FPS noob
the two must have exotic weapons are ice breaker - lets you solo pretty much everything, makes 1/2 the raid bosses a joke - and gjallarhorn - makes atheon a joke if everyone on the team has it.

Before or after that you want to buy at least one exotic armor in every slot, just so you have options (raid drop RNG) to hit light level 30, which is the only thing that matters for raiding - stats don't really matter much, just being light level 30 any way you can is critical.

if you think you can reliably earn 27 coins a week (3x weekly heroic) i'd buy truth to make nightfall void runs a little faster, but if you have a tough time earning coins every week and you don't already have IB/gnarlyhorn/3 exotic armor pieces i'd save em. Hell, next time icebreaker shows up i'm going to buy two so I have an icebreaker on every character, and will max it out to 300.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have normal mode Templar checkpoint if anyone wants it. Or if anyone wants to cheese it for Templar loot plus 2 chests

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Two more VOG down, nothing but materials. Guess I should buy those exotic gloves just in case, with my luck.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
What Spronk said. Truth is not a must have, while Icebreaker and Gallhajhorn are.

I'm also gonna buy a few more Icebreakers next time it goes on Xur. I hate having to switch the one I have out between characters.

Another exotic worth getting is Suros Regime, I find it works well in PvE and PvP, and despite the auto rifle nerf it still works well. That being said, if you already have something like a Shadow Price, then it may not be worth it.