Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Is there a vanguard void machine gun or is it a random property? I'll need something when I don't want to use Truth in that slot.
I have The Swarm and its void but I don't know if its sold as is from the Vangaurd since its a random drop one.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
it makes everything much faster if you have a full set of purple gear you can swap to for the weekly burns.
Great info in your post Spronk, thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by the quote above. I have a set of Vanguard purple gear and I wear it all except the chest (voidfang vestments is what I use instead). Is there some sort of bonus to a full set of legendary gear that negates the weekly/nightfall burn mod or something?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Great info in your post Spronk, thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by the quote above. I have a set of Vanguard purple gear and I wear it all except the chest (voidfang vestments is what I use instead). Is there some sort of bonus to a full set of legendary gear that negates the weekly/nightfall burn mod or something?
This goes against the typical MMO mindset where you have a "Main" and one or more "Alts" of different classes. What a lot of people do is they pick a class and create 3 of that class. Since they all share the same armor, you simply swap it from one character to the next so you can do the Nightfall 3 times, the weekly heroic 3 times, and the raid 3 times without having to focus on gear between different classes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Umm why? I know there is so little to do in this game at end game, but this is like casual lite compared to WoW end game. I really dont understand why you would need to do all that to min-max one character when there is plenty of time to do shit in between content pushes.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's talking about the weapon element. Your own damage gets the zone bonus, too.
oh ok, thanks. That makes sense. I wrongly assumed gear = armor. Didn't think about weapons. I have been trying to collect all 3 element types for each special and heavy weapon (think I'm only missing an arc sniper). They are all blue but I'll slowly upgrade to purple.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a vanguard void machine gun or is it a random property? I'll need something when I don't want to use Truth in that slot.
The Swarm is what I use for a void machine gun and its lovely, but I can't remember if I bought it or got it as a random drop. I know its for sale by the vanguard but can't remember what damage type it is from the merchant. If its void from the merchant then I recommend it. Level that up to 300 and watch it mow down the enemies.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
If anyone has room I wouldn't mind tagging along in a raid either tonight or tomorrow. Will dance for dollars.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ya, I'm game for raid on either characters if anyone is setting one up. Otherwise running nightfall and heroic on both characters

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
A shitty solar rocket launcher and 7 coins for two nightfalls this week. Sounds about right

HUH_sl

shitlord
I have 82 shards, 56 energy, 0 raid armor, 1 raid weapon (twice), 4 chatterwhites, exotic chest that I'll replace with helm if motes/xur ever put out, and Truth that I bought from Xur.
Starting to think the only way to play this game is to make three of the same classes and just run the raid 3/6 times a week. Not like there's anything else to do and there's no fucking way I'm ever gonna bother to farm enough materials to level up three different armor sets for each class. Even with random people from DestinyLFG raids rarely take more then an hour or two. And you know it's just gonna be the same random horrible luck for the next two DLCs.

I just can't bring myself to level up 2 new characters and I'm afraid the vault bug will wipe out every item I have.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I went with one char of each class, but starting to regret that. My "main" is my Titan and after raiding non-stop with all three the end result is: 30 Warlock (took 4 runs to get all the armor...), 30 Hunter and my Titan is 29 and stuck due to getting an amazing 5 chests and nothing else. I hate this RNG drop system with a vengence
smile.png

With the added "everyone bring your warlocks, fuck the rest of the classes" mentality that I am encountering more and more of, its frustrating being stuck playing a class that I dont like much just to ensure easy exploiting with grenade spam and an extra life in hardmode.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I went with one char of each class, but starting to regret that. My "main" is my Titan and after raiding non-stop with all three the end result is: 30 Warlock (took 4 runs to get all the armor...), 30 Hunter and my Titan is 29 and stuck due to getting an amazing 5 chests and nothing else. I hate this RNG drop system with a vengence
smile.png

With the added "everyone bring your warlocks, fuck the rest of the classes" mentality that I am encountering more and more of, its frustrating being stuck playing a class that I dont like much just to ensure easy exploiting with grenade spam and an extra life in hardmode.
Optimal raid makeup now is 5 warlocks (for self rez) and 1 titan (for weapons of light damage bonus on atheon). Bungie really needs to do some class balancing. I won't hold my breathe.

spronk

FPS noob
smile.png

its pretty easy to level a char back to 20, and you can store your main gear in the bank pretty easy, no need to store every possible piece of gear just 1 piece per slot. i deleted my hunter a while back and rerolled a 2nd warlock, no regrets at all - took like under 10 hours to cap out, and my 2nd warlock is already almost 30 on his own (no gear swaps except ice breaker) and everything is way easier with a lock than either titan or hunter. I've pretty much stopped playing for now but imo having 2 or 3 warlocks will make the next few DLCs even easier, since you can just roll through the raids and quickly get to the next light level cap. I seriously doubt for the life of this game there will be any significant balance changes or any reason to really play different classes.

of course I can't really come up with a good reason to play future DLCs period, other than "I'm the moron who bought a season pass". I definitely won't be paying for any further ones though unless they are mind blowing (haha yeah right)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, thanks to Vektor (Brainiac) I managed to stay connected long enough to "help" finish off the nightfall boss in between disconnects, so I at least accomplished one thing in that shitfest yesterday.