Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Please armchair some more and tell me about how one of the most successful game development companies in in the world doesn't know what they're doing.
Problem is that while they excelled with earlier games, they have never done a game like Destiny before and it shows. They have fucked up in so many ways because they really really do not get why people play loot-grind games. One of the main reason people keep playing right now is that there are no alternatives in this sort of game that are good enough.

That said, could we pretty please have some fucking PvE events? This Iron Banner crap has to stop. We get it Bungie, you feel comfortable doing PvP shit since you dont have to design content for it but you do have a large PvE population too that would not touch PvP with a 10 foot pole. Time for a re-run of Queens Wrath maybe?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
While I have stopped playing I have a couple of buddies who continue to log in every night for a couple hours of Destiny and while I was watching them grind out their daily story / bounties we got to talking...

What the fuck IS Bungie doing with all this time / revenue? They have made a mint and have a metric fuckton of very loyal players who are extremely addicted to the gameplay and yet the overall content that has been added since launch is laughably meager. The base gameplay on day one was fantastic and it still is today, but there is zero storyline to the damn thing and what is there makes no fucking sense at all.

Did they just decide to give up and work double-hard with the next major release and phone it in until then?

The whole Crota expansion is like 6th grade fan-fic "There's this dude and he's really badass... so badass... and he has a soul and his heralds are all badasses and he does... stuff! Oh... and remember his sword from that one mission? Yeah his SWORD is like all over now and people can pick it up and just OWN!!"

The overall theme of the raid content so far seems to be "darkness" Both the Vault of Glass and Crota's End derive a large portion of their content from the player not being able to see where they are going. When I first saw them doing the Crota raid I immediately thought "Why hello Tox Forest...how have you been old friend??"

I think people might stick it out just because they really enjoy the visceral feeling of shooting critters in the head (or balls in the case of the Vex) but eventually the constant treadmill is going to wear thin.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Did they just decide to give up and work double-hard with the next major release and phone it in until then?
It certainly feels that way. I believe the resources are probably on Destiny 2 right now and they will probably be phoning it in for the remained of Destiny 1's lifecycle. Which looks to be House of Wolves DLC, Destiny:Comet and then 2 more DLCs after. Things got so fucked up with Destiny 1 because of having to start over so far into development that I don't think they really care to fix it. We can only hope that they apply the lessons learned so far to Destiny 2 and that it is the game we all hope it can be.

spronk

FPS noob
timing is definitely a lot to do with this game. MMOs all kinda suck right now, i just didn't feel like buying WoD since no new classes/races/profs/etc and its just a rehash of TBC in many ways. D3 is fun but I prefer a scifi theme. So Destiny scratches a lot of those insta-gratification treadmills a certain segment likes.

However I think they are probably badly misinterpreting the data. "Omg so many people are playing and doing daily bounties and grinding iron banner and running CE, this formula is perfect!!" Yeah, I'll play house of wolves a bit but I won't bother re-upgrading all my shit again, once I see the full raid I'd just quit and probably not buy Comet, and only occasionally play house of wolves pvp (mostly cuz I prepaid for it). I wouldn't even bother with Destiny 2 until its on deep discount sales.

It is a pretty good template for future big budget games though, I love all the multiplayer aspects of it and the PVP parts, just wish it had a real PVE story in it and they had poured more thought in how they wanna do loot, upgrades, new content, etc.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Honestly the biggest problem I have with this game is collision detection.

Getting pushed out of my bubble or into a wall and dying is fucking annoying. Especially in PVP. It also wouldn't hurt if rockets didn't fucking slam into Johnny Retard when he runs in front of me and instantly kills me.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly the biggest problem I have with this game is collision detection.

Getting pushed out of my bubble or into a wall and dying is fucking annoying. Especially in PVP. It also wouldn't hurt if rockets didn't fucking slam into Johnny Retard when he runs in front of me and instantly kills me.
Don't forget trying to jump with your shoe on a pebble and you jump backwards

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Destiny is a good game but it's not a great game. I do like that I can play in short bursts unlike a traditional MMO where time is everything.

Bungie made a bad of design decisions and as was said, I think they're suffering from hubris due to the lack of competition.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
timing is definitely a lot to do with this game. MMOs all kinda suck right now, i just didn't feel like buying WoD since no new classes/races/profs/etc and its just a rehash of TBC in many ways. D3 is fun but I prefer a scifi theme. So Destiny scratches a lot of those insta-gratification treadmills a certain segment likes.

However I think they are probably badly misinterpreting the data. "Omg so many people are playing and doing daily bounties and grinding iron banner and running CE, this formula is perfect!!" Yeah, I'll play house of wolves a bit but I won't bother re-upgrading all my shit again, once I see the full raid I'd just quit and probably not buy Comet, and only occasionally play house of wolves pvp (mostly cuz I prepaid for it). I wouldn't even bother with Destiny 2 until its on deep discount sales.

It is a pretty good template for future big budget games though, I love all the multiplayer aspects of it and the PVP parts, just wish it had a real PVE story in it and they had poured more thought in how they wanna do loot, upgrades, new content, etc.
The Destiny model is just begging for a "Blizzard makeover." Old school Blizzard, of course, not card-game Blizzard.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just have to say, you guys were right...Ice Breaker is a total game changer. I was able to sit back and take my time on the nightfall. Felt like a total badass.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
What the fuck happened to Exodus Blue on Control? Been at least a week and a half since I last saw it. Instead we get a shit ton of Firebase Delphi and Rusted Lands.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just have to say, you guys were right...Ice Breaker is a total game changer. I was able to sit back and take my time on the nightfall. Felt like a total badass.
Not going to lie, my tune has changed a little bit. The lack of a reload animation makes a big difference and it just hits like a truck, really feels like an "exotic" weapon. My other sniper rifles were only 242 damage upgraded. Still don't think it's OP but I think all exotics should feel this game changing. That should be why you can only equip one. Add in an exotic equipment swap cooldown similar to the ammo packs and beef them up.

Ruhl

Boner Donor
When you add in the fact that with Icebreaker you will never run out of special ammo again, i think that's what takes it over the top. 60% of a full mag of any special that i'm carrying, yes please
smile.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The ammo regen is THE reason IB is so badass. Cheese spots with any other sniper where you would have to burn through ammo synths like crazy to get the same effect would not be nearly as effective. This weapon alone completely negates Juggler on any Nightfall/Weekly. Add in the ability for IB to regen ammo for any other special weapon as well and its game over. Ice Breaker.......there is no substitute
This is less of an issue outside of nightfalls and raids because if you're fully out of ammo, waiting about 20-40 seconds will refill most of your ammo.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm in the 'don't nerf stuff, buff stuff' category. I think they should D3 it where instead of having garbage legendaries and must-haves they just made it so you had a bunch of awesome ones that went with your build/playstyle. Honestly I wish they'd give exotic armor that had no stats but regen'd ammo over time. Or a piece of armor with no stat (like a shitty class emblem) that allowed you to have 2 exotic weapons on at once. Just keep it balanced by giving while taking away.

I also think they're purposefully leaving auto rifles as low impact because they're the most powerful in PVP. Basically they hit as hard or harder than pulse rifles, but with no delay and you can max stability pretty easily for a lot of them. Having something good at distance and good free-firing is just too hard too manage.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish they'd bring back PvE special events. I really enjoyed the queen missions' with half the nightfall modifiers.

Black Hammer hits harder than Icebreaker, just the 3 ammo thing makes me use icebreaker more often. BH is very situational to my playstyle.

We want to try to get a team of vens for hardmode this week? Trying to regular crota with 3 newbies about drove me insane. Not talking about RR guys being newbs.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm in the 'don't nerf stuff, buff stuff' category. I think they should D3 it where instead of having garbage legendaries and must-haves they just made it so you had a bunch of awesome ones that went with your build/playstyle. Honestly I wish they'd give exotic armor that had no stats but regen'd ammo over time. Or a piece of armor with no stat (like a shitty class emblem) that allowed you to have 2 exotic weapons on at once. Just keep it balanced by giving while taking away.

I also think they're purposefully leaving auto rifles as low impact because they're the most powerful in PVP. Basically they hit as hard or harder than pulse rifles, but with no delay and you can max stability pretty easily for a lot of them. Having something good at distance and good free-firing is just too hard too manage.
Auto rifles are pretty terrible at in both PVE and pvp. Even Suros is outclassed by mythoclast and most exotic handcannons in pvp

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I wish they'd bring back PvE special events. I really enjoyed the queen missions' with half the nightfall modifiers.

Black Hammer hits harder than Icebreaker, just the 3 ammo thing makes me use icebreaker more often. BH is very situational to my playstyle.

We want to try to get a team of vens for hardmode this week? Trying to regular crota with 3 newbies about drove me insane. Not talking about RR guys being newbs.
I plan on being on Wednesday afternoon for the raid when it goes live. Have all my characters 32 so I'll be looking to run multiple times assuming we can get through it

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I am down for HM Crota as well so count me in. Anyone planning on running Crota on Tuesday before HM? I have the armor and shards to get my hunter to 32 but the some of the rolls on the armor are shitty. Wouldn't mind 1 more crack at a decent armor roll to level up before HM.