Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Next nightfall will be an arc burn sepiks prime

Unfortunately no burn on weekly, only light switch.

Interesting to note that xur was originally supposed to sell heavy ammo synth, but they removed it this week in the 1.1.1 patch. Shows that it's not 100% random and they are manually modifying his loot table

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Got mine a few weeks ago, but bought another for my second warlock. Bought 5 helm engrams and got the last 2 I was missing (Insurmountable skullfort (meh) and apotheosis veil (yay).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Supposedly xurs inventory the next two weeks:

March 6th

Helm of Saint 14 (106/114 Int)
Young Ahamkara's Spine (91/98 Dis)
Skull of Dire Ahamkara (94/101 Int)
Icebreaker
Chest Engram
Heavy Ammo
March 13th

No Backup Plans (77/83 Str)
Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter (157/169 Str!!!)
Light Beyond Nemesis (108/115 Str)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram
No Heavy Ammo

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I kinda hope bungie fixes it so either xur's inventory can't be datamined, or it is truly a random inventory roll moments before he spawns. Knowing ahead of time takes all the fun out of Friday...and especially depressing If he isn't selling ghorn for X weeks (and probably forever).

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, I had nothing else to do tonight so I gave DestinyLFG another shot with Crota HM, hoping for my first kill. This was only the second time I've tried Crota HM since HM first came out and I punched walls for hours for the RR crew (we got to enrage so many times but never actually killed Crota). Started off with my usual Crota LFG experience with guys dying to acolytes and firing rockets at the wrong time. Our swordbearer was good though so I stuck around. 2 guys left (2 of the weakest players thankfully) and we filled in with 2 great guys. The run where it all came together looked bad when we started the 3rd sword. Swordbearer died while trying to grab the sword so another guy filled in on the fly. At enrage a second guy died to thralls behind the glass. Te remaining 4 of us stuck it out, and downed Crota...and I got the Fang and Gjallarhorn! Such a sweet victory to finally beat himandget my gally. Never going to do HM again I don't think haha. Not worth the frustration for the ship or sparrow (or necrochasm).

tldr Killed Crota HM for the first time ever and got Fang of Ir Yut and my first Gjallarhorn.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I did Aetheon HM earlier and got Truth, Crota afterward and got a Swordbreaker, woot, and NLB :[

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Getting to be a struggle to keep the raid group together now. Everyone has every single drop and has no reason to log in besides chilling, drinking a beer or two and bullshit 2 hours a week
frown.png

They desperatly need new content.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
On my 2nd Hard Vog/2nd Hard Crota yesterday I finished out my exotic weapons. Gjallarhorn from Atheon, Crux from Crota.

sarthis_sl

shitlord
Nice! I finally got my Gjallahorn this week as well (VoG chest). I believe Hawkmoon and Necrochasm are my last missing exotics.

Even though I still need the Fang of Ir Yut from Crota HM, it is still difficult to motivate myself enough to roll the dice with PUGs.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Come september I'll have to try and get those PS only exotics. Crota HM isn't too bad in pugs (especially since they fixed the heavy ammo glitch, so you dont really waste ammo now).

I think I've gotten 4 fangs and 4 words as well as 4 helms (i have gotten more, but that many from hard mode). So they are pretty common. Hunger of Crota took me way more kills to attain.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like it's gjallarhorn week for RR. The last few days at least 3 of us have received our first one.

On my 2nd Hard Vog/2nd Hard Crota yesterday I finished out my exotic weapons. Gjallarhorn from Atheon, Crux from Crota.
4 cruxes dropped in 4 kills for my group yesterday, all 4 went to one guy, I still have not gotten one.

For those of you who need kills you can add me mbromley88 (ps4) we usually have 2 raid groups 4 manning it now(racing for fun), so we can pick up a few people in the empty spots. We usually do it at reset on Tuesday, that's the catch.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Did CE 3 times this week. 2 Dragonsbreaths and 1 more Patience and Time. Still no Hunger of Crota or Gjallahorn.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bungie's reasoning is total BS.

"They were very weak enemies that didn't drop very good loot". WRONG All the enemies have (or had at the time) the same percentage chance to drop an engram. What you got from engrams was 100% determined by the Cryptarch, and he didn't care where the engram was looted from.

"So you actually will get less loot [shooting into the loot cave] per hour than you would just playing the game." WRONG The loot cave was so good because it was 6 (if I remember correctly?) very weak enemies every 5 seconds, repeat forever. That's 72 mobs per minute or 4320 per hour. Where else can you get that volume of easy mobs per hour, consistently, AND with little to no risk of dying? THAT'S why it was so good.

Those new reasonings by Bungie are insulting. Just be honest and tell us it was too easy to sit back and do nothing to earn your engrams for the RNG game. I have no problem with them nerfing it, but don't make up some BS story about why you did it to make it sound like it was for the "dumb players who don't know the faster way to get good loot".

Edit: just read the rest of the article. I love this quote: "Hopson mentioned that Bungie didn't expect the random drops to be as big of a deal as they ended up being. What they were expecting was for players to simply buy better gear, and to have random drops act as the cherry on top, so to speak. Instead, players have latched onto the RNG, and it's affecting their perception of the game."

Haha seriously? This game has so many layers of RNG stacked on top of itself, how could they not anticipate it? They were touting this as an MMO shooter, sort of, and what is 99% of an MMO? Killing the big bad guys, while chasing their random loot drops. If they just expected us to focus on buying the vendor gear, what longevity did they expect from this game? With a few days playtime you can take even a new player on a fresh character to maxed vanguard gear.

Head scratching comments for sure.