Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
thorn glitch is pretty minor and what you said, the second one. swap to another weapon when you respawn, then back to thorn, and your first shot will have final round and do extra dmg as well as your last shot in the mag (like normal). i guess at pro levels of ToO it maybe matters but really at this point you are weird if you are taking ToO that seriously

Ferr_sl

shitlord
So decided to finally get a ps4 and figured id preorder the new destiny bundle. Do my characters carry over from my ps3 login to the ps4? or do i have to level vanilla all over again.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone still playing this on XB1? Finally decided to put season pass to work and downloaded the game -

Column_sl

shitlord
Final Round glitch 100% works been in the game forever.

You just switch your weapons whenever you spawn in, and the first round is the final round.

Don't do be that guy tho lmao

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So decided to finally get a ps4 and figured id preorder the new destiny bundle. Do my characters carry over from my ps3 login to the ps4? or do i have to level vanilla all over again.
As long as you use the same PSN login, characters transfer from PS3 to PS4 and vice versa.

spronk

FPS noob
not only carries over but same server so you can play on ps4, quit, jump on ps3, and any upgrades/changes you did on ps4 will be on ps3. no real reason to ever go back and play on ps3 tho unless you are letting your kid play on it or something

also any digital destiny DLCs you buy cross over too i think, so if you buy the taken king PS4 bundle (which comes with digital version of the game I believe) your ps3 will be upgraded to taken king too

Column_sl

shitlord
not only carries over but same server so you can play on ps4, quit, jump on ps3, and any upgrades/changes you did on ps4 will be on ps3. no real reason to ever go back and play on ps3 tho unless you are letting your kid play on it or something

also any digital destiny DLCs you buy cross over too i think, so if you buy the taken king PS4 bundle (which comes with digital version of the game I believe) your ps3 will be upgraded to taken king too
You should check with customer service first on that. I believe it does not.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Meh I burned myself out in the first month. I'll come back at some point to experience everything.
This is pretty much where I am at as well. I ground out a few more strikes and ended up not moving levels, I can gain like .3 of 22 if I want, but I have to dump all my useful stats (ammo/reload/etc.) on gear for worthless gear with higher light level... just seems quadruple lottery going on to level. I was extremely surprised the story ended where it did. The game lead you on to believe the Vex were basically some subplot third party fucking over your war on the darkness or whatever by happenstance.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Does house of wolves expand the storyline at all or is it basically just the Awoken being like, "lol remember that time we didn't really help you get into the black garden? k now come fight in our arena"?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So after 3 days back in this i remember why i stopped - i like how alot of the missions now are the old quest but starting from the opposite end as if its something new lol. The Dark Below was pretty underwhelming, and im just touching the surface on House of Wolves but im hoping the Prison and Trials make things turn around.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Prison probably won't change anything for you. If you have VoG and CE guns pretty much everything in the Prison is a downgrade. The Prison armor will get you to 34 quickly but all the perks only work in the Prison. Better off just ascending VoG or CE gear for perks that help in more/all pve situations. As for the Trials, I'm pretty new to the PVP part of Destiny, but it's really an adrenaline rush if you get a decent team to run with. Lots of fun, but also can be very discouraging if you run up against a bunch of pros, or guys with thorns and shotguns/final round snipers.

That's my point. Casuals in WOW don't feel that they have a game any longer and they've been quitting in droves. You might say "oh it's an old game" but when you lose 4.4 million subscriptions (going from 10 million to 5.6 million) it's obvious that something went wrong. There are a lot of reasons but one of the main things is a lack of casual stuff to do.

The exact same thing would happen to Destiny if they ignore Casuals to appease a hardcore crowd. And Destiny seems like it was designed as a "casual mmo fps" from the ground up. They've dropped the ball on a lot of things so it's up to them to figure it out again and fix it. But I don't think taking a hardcore approach to the game is the right one. Sure, give the hardcore a reason to play as well but not at the expense of the casuals who make up the bulk of your players.
Have not finished reading the thread yet, but do you honestly think Destiny even has enough content for casuals as is? I played HoW for 2 days and was done with it, so what a casual might have 15 days of content? Column is very right, They should have a MASSIVE team working on content, but as has been discussed before they run this game on a skeleton crew.

Logged in a week ago and not one of my 100+ friends were on, (yes I met them all in destiny, my first game on this account). Whenever we were in chat even our causal friends said they had nothing to do but run weeklies. This game is missing so much that it needs to keep casual and hardcore gamers. The only reason people spent any time in Destiny now is for the off chance at getting an item they want. (Gally was that item before)

Need to add some crafting system, some open world pvp, zones that support more than 6 players to make the game feel alive, a more dynamic tower, more dynamic world where things actually happen, npcs move around, economy, something to do with the ships, sparrow upgrades and racing. They should really add two more classes as well to make the game a little less bland for encounters, as is you can take any class and any random person playing it and crush the content. Most importantly add new content regularly enough that a casual cant finish it in 1 hour a day in less than a month.

My votes for new classes would be a medic and a engineer.

Where is all the money bungie makes going?

Column_sl

shitlord
In that interview they gave last week the devs said Taken King will have more exotics, and legendaries then the base game.

Now I wonder if they will let us ascend our Exotic year 1 weapons now. We know it doesn't matter on any armor since there will be no light levels anymore , unless they put a level pre requisite on the armor itself.

In that interview they gave last week the devs said Taken King will have more exotics, and legendaries then the base game.

Now I wonder if they will let us ascend our Exotic year 1 weapons now. We know it doesn't matter on any armor since there will be no light levels anymore , unless they put a level pre requisite on the armor itself.
How about them giving us some new zones instead of re-skinning some guns and adding a new effect that will get nerfed anyway. Would love to see new mechanics involved in killing shit, something that takes strategy. They need to do more with hitboxes like how you could take out the legs of the walker at least. Let us fight the Cabal landtank. 20 man raid!

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Have not finished reading the thread yet, but do you honestly think Destiny even has enough content for casuals as is? I played HoW for 2 days and was done with it, so what a casual might have 15 days of content? Column is very right, They should have a MASSIVE team working on content, but as has been discussed before they run this game on a skeleton crew.

Logged in a week ago and not one of my 100+ friends were on, (yes I met them all in destiny, my first game on this account). Whenever we were in chat even our causal friends said they had nothing to do but run weeklies. This game is missing so much that it needs to keep casual and hardcore gamers. The only reason people spent any time in Destiny now is for the off chance at getting an item they want. (Gally was that item before)

Need to add some crafting system, some open world pvp, zones that support more than 6 players to make the game feel alive, a more dynamic tower, more dynamic world where things actually happen, npcs move around, economy, something to do with the ships, sparrow upgrades and racing. They should really add two more classes as well to make the game a little less bland for encounters, as is you can take any class and any random person playing it and crush the content. Most importantly add new content regularly enough that a casual cant finish it in 1 hour a day in less than a month.

My votes for new classes would be a medic and a engineer.

Where is all the money bungie makes going?
Most of the issues you list have been adressed by Bungie as:

"Its not our fault the Xbox 360/PS3 cant handle shit! Just wait until Destiny 2!"

On a basic level it makes sense, the installed userbase on the last gen consoles is fuckhuge compared to the current gens, but on the other hand you have to let go sometime.

Most of the issues you list have been adressed by Bungie as:

"Its not our fault the Xbox 360/PS3 cant handle shit! Just wait until Destiny 2!"

On a basic level it makes sense, the installed userbase on the last gen consoles is fuckhuge compared to the current gens, but on the other hand you have to let go sometime.
Yeah, too bad Sony/Microsoft didn't introduce a self-destruct (overheat) bug on the old systems a year into this gen. Something that couldn't be tracked back to them of course and blamed on lizard squad. Destiny 2 better be new gen only.

Column_sl

shitlord
Changes in the new game.

Two minor changes are coming to Destiny: The Taken King that may have a big affect on gameplay.

Ghosts are now set to become more than just floating chatbots. In an interview with GameInformer, the magazine revealed that players will be able to change the shell of their Ghosts.

It's not just an aesthetic change either. Each shell found throughout the world comes with different stat-boosters and increases the player's light level. Certain shells even go so far as to offer unique perks, such as increasing Glimmer found or helping with farming materials.

Another change coming involves everyone's favourite travelling salesman, Xur. A new type of item will be available in The Taken King called the Three of Coins, which players can purchase to boost their chances of getting an Exotic drop the next time they challenge a boss.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Well we had a diffrent shell with the collectors edition, never understood why they didnt expand on that before.

Regarding Xur... another item to clutter up my inventory with? Gah! Can we get a decent bankspace soon (at least on the PS4/Xbox One that can handle it unlike the old gen apparently)?