Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So I didnt realize I had to redeem a code inside the box, but as soon as I did, I received an ingame mail with a token to go up to 25. Is it worth going back and doing all the story missions I skipped?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Managed to get 295 light today. I seem to get an item with 1-2 points of improvement in every 50 items I get now. My only remaining weak slot is my ghost (286). I've seen some people running around with the level 300 ghost, no idea where it's from though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I haven't done court or any of that shit because I just put together a new pc but I'm at 273 light and just did the 5 normal strike mission all in a row for exactly 0 bonus rewards. (EVERY TIME - 1-2 manned until people finally show up at boss, wtf?) I need to do the Paradox mission still but my weapons are so goddamn bad that I can't force myself to do it - that shit is harder than the actual VOG raid was, and I have the worst weapons ever. 270ish auto rifle of the max speed/min impact variety (puke), and a stupid 275 pistol for secondary. Fuck you, I'm not doing that hard ass mission with that light padding bullshit. Worst weapons ever.

Pretty fun otherwise. I mean, the fps action in this game is fucking great. I hope they plan on adding more Strikes back to the rotation though, the new ones + recycled Valus doesn't seem like a lot.

The Taken with all their variety of abilities are kind of awesome to fight and kind of bullshit at the same time - lots of tracking aoe damage projectiles that you really can't dodge or wall. Everything teleports. It's a lot of added variety but c'mon, do those fucks really need to be able to throw up a bubble shield 5 seconds after the last one expired? And the AI on that thing - the moment you ADS at them, shield. Fuck you?

Oh, I love the slaughter rule, GOD DAMN does every PVP game ever need that shit. I'd have been so happy if BF had it. I love them for putting that in.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Managed to get 295 light today. I seem to get an item with 1-2 points of improvement in every 50 items I get now. My only remaining weak slot is my ghost (286). I've seen some people running around with the level 300 ghost, no idea where it's from though.
300 ghost is from the raid

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dang, every character has to go through the main story quest line to open up the Dreadnaught patrol zone.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So is it just me or does the game do a shitty job of putting you in areas with actual other players? Trying to do champions as the only person on a fucking planet is getting old.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is it just me or does the game do a shitty job of putting you in areas with actual other players? Trying to do champions as the only person on a fucking planet is getting old.
Yep, its as if they never want to allow more than 3 single people into an area in case those 3 want to bring in 2 of their friends. Really annoying when you want to do Court of Oryx.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Check your router settings too. Make sure your ports are forwarded and get a static ip address for your ps. Way more people in instances now that i have done this. We were rocking out those mini bosses on the planets last night with a 3 fireteam.

As to the playtime thing I put in a good 30 hours into this game over the past week and still have a shit ton to do. Maybe im not a powergamer but im also 42 yr old dad with family. I got up to 275 last night and still have a shit ton of stuff to do. Havent even touched the court, petras crap is only 1/2 done, havent touched the gunsmith stuff just got my sword last night... Honestly if you finished all that shit this week you must play like 12 hours a day Im really happy with this dlc. They did a good job imo.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Check your router settings too. Make sure your ports are forwarded and get a static ip address for your ps. Way more people in instances now that i have done this. We were rocking out those mini bosses on the planets last night with a 3 fireteam.
Explain or link to something with a list of ports and settings?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah static IP does help a bunch.

I just topped light 260 earlier today, so I guess i'll start on heroic strikes next. I'm having shit luck with engrams, but my one coin that managed to drop an exotic I got a year 2 Chest of Alpha Lupi so I've been rocking that. Xur despawned on me before I could buy more, so hopefully they don't nerf it right away.

Bout to start going through House of Wolves to catch up so I can work on a Boolean Gemini. My primary is far and away my weakest slot right now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah static IP does help a bunch.

I just topped light 260 earlier today, so I guess i'll start on heroic strikes next. I'm having shit luck with engrams, but my one coin that managed to drop an exotic I got a year 2 Chest of Alpha Lupi so I've been rocking that. Xur despawned on me before I could buy more, so hopefully they don't nerf it right away.

Bout to start going through House of Wolves to catch up so I can work on a Boolean Gemini. My primary is far and away my weakest slot right now.
The strike specific scout rifle isnt bad really - youre better off running strikes non stop than back pedaling.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I just came back to try out the xpac and was curious if every quest was supposed to be reset? I mean every single quest from the story to leveling up to 30 was available again as if I had never done it. I'm not arguing, free xp into the new storm caller subclass and random rares/exotics to DE again. Just thought it was strange.

spronk

FPS noob
every quest is repeatable if you want from the quest board near vanguard, thats for everyone. it still tracks what you have completed already for progression, grimoire scores, next step unlocks, etc.

the patrol thing is weird, sometimes you hit the jackpot and find a ton of people and sometimes you are on your own. only thing to do right now is just go back up and down, also each zone is its own instance so just because no one is in the zone you are in doesn't mean when you zone over it suddenly won't populate up. court of oryx is seperate from the starting patrol dreadnaught zone, so just looking at the zone list population when you first zone into patrol isn't enough, you have to drive over to court

Someone's got the 310 scout rifle exotic Touch of Malice, a bunch of quest steps including raid stuff. didn't embed since it obviously spoils a bunch of stuff about TTK.
Destiny Taken King: How to Get Touch of Malice - Exotic Scout Rifle - YouTube

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The strike specific scout rifle isnt bad really - youre better off running strikes non stop than back pedaling.
Strike specific rifle? I'm stuck with some POS pulse rifle right now. I miss Vision of Confluence so much.
frown.png

I'd really like to luck into Jade Rabbit, but right now I'll take just about anything. If I can't find something better in a few days I'll probably just burn marks on a year 2 Monte Carlo or Red Death.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Oh really? Is there a good listing of them? I've just been running the playlist for the drop buff, but I really need to find a damn scout rifle.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
296 light. We did the raid up to Oryx today, it was all pretty easy but we had some pugs with us that just didn't have the light levels to meet the Oryx dps check. We plan to knock it out sometime around 8 est tomorrow if anyone is interested. We prefer 295+.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'll have to start randomly messaging a lot of you guys who are on my friends list. I was able to get my light level from about 230 to 270 this weekend. It's not much of a grind - there is a lot of stuff to do. Don't just do the most optimal. I haven't done anything but quests and the occasional strike.

I got lucky with legendary drops - I already have The Jade Rabbit and the lightning auto rifle. Switching between those in pve is very, very effective.

PSN name is NDizzl0r if you see some random dude msg you.