Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Erie_sl

shitlord
Hope there's some other game modes, control is just too complicated for the majority of people playing right now. Lets all give up a capture point and rush to the next one when some are clearly better to have than others, especially in shores where C is the must have yet no one guards it.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Btw, is there voice chat in the game yet, never bothered to hook up a mic. Figured I'd be hearing chat even without a mic hooked up.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Yes I am using voice chat as we speak. It's as simple as plugging in your mic and speaking to your Fireteam or whatever. I don't know if you can talk to pubs though, it might be Fireteam only - it's the only way I've used it so far.

Interesting; You can have 6 people in a Fireteam and we did so earlier...however due to server issues some of us were disconnected and split to opposite teams when reconnecting BUT we could still chat on voice...on opposite teams. Not very cool if you're trying to make call outs/capture specific points, etc. Was pretty funny to kill your friend and talk shit though haha. I also noticed some PvP maps were 3v3 - awesome to make a Fireteam and have a whole match private/in game except for the fact that you would all be on the same voice chat server, not going to work well for tactics.

@Erie, there's like 5 (6?) other game modes besides Control they are just not available in beta. It's all the locked stuff in the Crucible next to Control, lol.

--
edit;
i can't sleep and i'm bored as shit, if someone on ps3 could get me into a crucible match i would genuinely love you
psn: Verseia

Column_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_71989.jpg

rrr_img_71990.jpg

jR9OOr9.jpg

KGnjrkc.jpg

DWOOcW2.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
396 attack and little impact on that rifle - wish they didnt use such dumb identifiers.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, but the impact on sniper rifles are always bottomed out. so compared to other snipers, that's pretty beastly.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been doing some more weapon testing with the 'best' (read: highest impact) model of gun of each primary weapon type. I don't get pulse rifles at all.

Suros JPS-32 pulse rifle with just slightly under 50% of an impact bar:
Precision shot = 78
Body shot = 24

Clip size ranges from 21 to 27, but of course that's really only 7 to 9 bursts. Stability is pretty much exactly 50% on my gun, and even with it that high it is completely impossible to land three headshots from a single burst. The up and left pull will make the last shot miss every time, so you have to start with a low-right shoulder shot if you want all three to land. Best case scenario you do 180 damage per burst. If you just want to dump the entire clip with a pulse rifle--good luck hitting anything--it takes about 3.2 seconds for 8 bursts with a ~15% ROF bar. Oh, and that's with a gun that has the "Causing damage with this weapon increases its stability." mod. Yeah, sure it does...

Now compare that to a Cydonia AR3:
Precision shot = 113
Body shot = 38

Cydonia ARs have about a 33% impact bar, and they still do more damage per shot than a pulse rifle. Stability is the same, except that the AR isn't limited by a stupid burst that pulls way too much and you can put every single shot into the head if you're any good at aiming. Clip size is 24. Three shots with an AR does up to 339 damage with good aim (easy to do in my experience, and I bitch more than anyone about how bad gamepads are for FPS). Dumping the whole clip with Cydonia's 80% ROF bar takes 3.6 seconds, and unlike a pulse rifle you can actually control the shots.

My conclusion is that, much like how there's zero reason to ever use a hand cannon instead of a scout rifle, pulse rifles are completely worthless next to an AR.

j00t

I got a pulse rifle last night that had like 75% impact... So I was like oh... This might be useful? My conclusion is that it is smack dab in the middle of an auto rifle and a scout rifle except not as good as either. Even compared to an equal level autorifle with only 15% impact it was still doing less damage.

Vorph

75%? What's the name of that model?

Not that it matters really, burst fire is always going to ruin a pulse rifle regardless of stats unless they make it so decent/high stability tones the retarded up-left pull way the fuck down. Plus it seems like the bonus for having high impact is applied to the burst as a whole then divided by three, which pretty much ruins it too.

j00t

honestly, I don't even remember. i'll check when I logon tonight. and 75% might have been an exaggeration but it was at least 60%

Column_sl

shitlord
Joot are you sure you are not confusing that with the Fusion rifle? they run high on impact

The pulse and handgun are broken as far as im concerned. I'm sure they will get tweaked for release tho

j00t

Nope it was def a pulse rifle. Fusion rifle is usually go to secondary.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Few trading card codes, enjoy:

1. Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
2. Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3. Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
4. Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
5. Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
6. Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
7. Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
8. Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
9. Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
10. The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
11. The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
12. Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
13. The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
14. Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
15. The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
16. The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17. Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

use em at :Bungie : Code Redemption

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What are the odds they rework the weapon stat readouts before release? I'd love to be able to quickly glance at a weapon and know if it's an upgrade or not. Having to try and judge how far an arbitrary impact line goes across my screen and then balance that against an attack number that really doesn't mean all THAT much, is a pain...and not something the average Destiny player is going to understand to properly gear themselves.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
@Zarcath

When are we going to get more details of what's in as far as content, levels, etc? So much damn speculation right now it would be nice to put some of this shit to rest.
I'd love to hear more on this as well - seems strange to keep it under wraps this close to release.

Vorph

What are the odds they rework the weapon stat readouts before release? I'd love to be able to quickly glance at a weapon and know if it's an upgrade or not. Having to try and judge how far an arbitrary impact line goes across my screen and then balance that against an attack number that really doesn't mean all THAT much, is a pain...and not something the average Destiny player is going to understand to properly gear themselves.
ROF was a number in alpha, replaced with a bar in beta... so it's actually worse now. Here's to hoping they reverse the trend before release.

The bars are different scales for every weapon type too, so even holding down R2 to compare tooltips isn't useful unless both guns are the same type.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been doing some more weapon testing with the 'best' (read: highest impact) model of gun of each primary weapon type. I don't get pulse rifles at all.

Suros JPS-32 pulse rifle with just slightly under 50% of an impact bar:
Precision shot = 78
Body shot = 24

Clip size ranges from 21 to 27, but of course that's really only 7 to 9 bursts. Stability is pretty much exactly 50% on my gun, and even with it that high it is completely impossible to land three headshots from a single burst. The up and left pull will make the last shot miss every time, so you have to start with a low-right shoulder shot if you want all three to land. Best case scenario you do 180 damage per burst. If you just want to dump the entire clip with a pulse rifle--good luck hitting anything--it takes about 3.2 seconds for 8 bursts with a ~15% ROF bar. Oh, and that's with a gun that has the "Causing damage with this weapon increases its stability." mod. Yeah, sure it does...

Now compare that to a Cydonia AR3:
Precision shot = 113
Body shot = 38

Cydonia ARs have about a 33% impact bar, and they still do more damage per shot than a pulse rifle. Stability is the same, except that the AR isn't limited by a stupid burst that pulls way too much and you can put every single shot into the head if you're any good at aiming. Clip size is 24. Three shots with an AR does up to 339 damage with good aim (easy to do in my experience, and I bitch more than anyone about how bad gamepads are for FPS). Dumping the whole clip with Cydonia's 80% ROF bar takes 3.6 seconds, and unlike a pulse rifle you can actually control the shots.

My conclusion is that, much like how there's zero reason to ever use a hand cannon instead of a scout rifle, pulse rifles are completely worthless next to an AR.
Have you tried any testing against those Fallen with shields? My Shingen-C blows through just about everything like paper but it can sometimes take a whole clip on shields. But my green scout rifle (forget the name) can take them out in 3 hits Shield -> death. All headshots. It's much easier to land headshots with a scout rifle though.

Vorph

From what I've seen you can't actually get a precision strike on something with a shield up. I find a Cydonia AR to be just as effective at taking them out as a Jigoku scout. I avoid Sahara and Shingen ARs; my idea of a perfect AR is basically one that works like a full-auto scout rifle. Cydonia is the only one like that, the others are just spray'n'pray guns.

I moved away from scouts in general too, after realizing a couple days ago that precision damage is cut in half vs. yellow-name targets.