Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can only use higher powered weapons for Infusion if I understood what they said correctly, so to infuse a 160 weapon/armor, you would need a 161+ weapon/armor.

edit: That Year 2 Suros Regime is nice..

Column_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_106787.jpg

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why did they tell us not to dismantle anything and then not explain why in the stream? It sounded like only year two stuff dismantles into the new legendary marks or can be used for infusion, so why hang onto year 1 stuff? Only reason I can think of is if people dismantle everything they will be a lower level and won't start TK at 34.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently all the weapons/armor in your vault, in addition to the gear your character(s) are wearing will be used to calculate the Level/Light once TTK is released, so I guess they want you to pack your vault full of stuff by then.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Another trick is to edge your factions close to leveling up then leaving it there. Day one its easy to then go back, level them up, and get a package with a new TK weapon or armor. Least that is how it worked before, unless they are resetting faction levels also...

spronk

FPS noob
Another trick is to edge your factions close to leveling up then leaving it there. Day one its easy to then go back, level them up, and get a package with a new TK weapon or armor. Least that is how it worked before, unless they are resetting faction levels also...
you will only be able to change factions once per week, although it sounds like you rep up both vanguard/crucible AND one of the other factions at the same time, so you can at least double dip that part. so yeah its still worth edging all the factions but you will only be able to turnover 3 max the first week - vanguard, crucible, and one more.

also they are crunching marks down to account wide, but i guess existing vanguard and crucible marks will convert to something else that gives you something? didn't really catch that part of the stream very well.

all in all sounds like it is gonna basically be a full gear reset but at least if you are 34 now you'll start at 34 instead of 20 on the way to 40, and then you'll have to grind out a bunch of stuff to get new gear so you can be good enough to raid normal mode. and of course you'll have to complete a shit load of new story quests and bounties to unlock the new sub class and start grinding the new faction reps.

i wonder what stuff like motes of light, strange coins, or planetary mats will let you buy on day zero. i assume xur will still visit to sell some stuff, but it also sounds like stuff like the gun vendors new weapons will be sold every wed like xur but you need to faction rep up, and the cryptarch will sell new legendary engrams for marks. Definitely interesting that theres no weekly cap on marks either, you can grind out 120, buy something, grind out another 120, rinse and repeat. do it all with a mix of PVE and PVP, whatever you want.

Its gonna be a bit scary in the first 24 hours of how much shit some people grind out, I bet we see full normal mode raid cleared within 10 hours.

Column_sl

shitlord
There's no weekly cap anymore. You can grind marks to your heart's content they just cap at 200 then you need to spend them. After that tho you can fill that cap up again.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There's no weekly cap anymore. You can grind marks to your heart's content they just cap at 200 then you need to spend them. After that tho you can fill that cap up again.
Sweet.

No word on if this gear/weapons we 'shouldn't dismantle' needs to be leveled up (or fully ascended) to count more towards light level? I could probably fill up most slots with legendaries between now and then but if it all has to be leveled up by release to fully count then I dunno if its worth it.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
So with the exotic blueprint vault it didn't look like it tracked your upgrade progress at all. Meaning if you fully unlocked an exotic already, deleted it for some reason and then went and got it back from the blueprint you would have to start all over again? That kind of sucks if you ask me. I was expecting this to be a nice solution for the lack of space issues. But maybe with double the vault space it wont matter. (doubt it)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Spronk, it sounds like the old crucible and vanguard marks are going to convert to commendations you can then burn on the faction of your choice. Also, Luke Smith tweeted last night that Motes can be used to exp up weapons, but no more details as of yet.

Column_sl

shitlord
Sweet.

No word on if this gear/weapons we 'shouldn't dismantle' needs to be leveled up (or fully ascended) to count more towards light level? I could probably fill up most slots with legendaries between now and then but if it all has to be leveled up by release to fully count then I dunno if its worth it.
I'm not sure why they are doing that to be honest. They should just record your character ever hitting 34, and that is your level you start the Taken King with.

Seems like a very strange way to solve an easy problem.

Man, I am really interested in the new swords. They can block attacks from elements. I'm wondering if they can block an incoming blade dancer etc.

Be a really cool addition to the pvp section if it worked like that.

spronk

FPS noob

here were the weekly crucible bounties I saw, if you do all of em you get nightfall-level rewards

win 2 crucible matches with a personal score of at least 1500 (easy)
win 7 matches (easy)
win one game in 3 diff crucible game modes (easy)
earn points in any featured playlist. wins are worth 3 points, starting a new match costs 1 point. ?? doesn't say how many points you have to earn or how many you get for a loss
complete the daily crucible on 3 diff days (easy but boring)

I wonder if they will increase the glimmer cap or save that for patch 2.1

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I've never played Destiny before, is it best to just wait for The Taken King to come out? I don't want to have to spend money twice, just to get an extra 3 weeks of playing in.

spronk

FPS noob
yes buy the legendary edition for $60 and get all the xpacs included, if you buy the base game now you'll have to spend $40 on current dlcs and another $40 on taken king. For whatever reason you can't buy a digital version of the legendary edition right now, but I'm pretty sure it'll be available to buy 9/15 if you prefer all your games digital.

Column_sl

shitlord
Much better to start on Taken King for a new player. Everything is being re balanced, and re worked so you won't feel like you are useless because you don't have the correct gear.

Also they will give you a boost to level 25 for all your characters.