Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Not a lot of admins from RR still play. Need Lexicon to promote a few people to admins.

a_skeleton_03 is an admin, i'd hit him up. Also looks like Droigan is an admin too

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just checked and neither of you have "applied".

You can't add people you can only approve them. This is all done on Bungie.net

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I shall let him know, he's a lurking bitch but I doubt he checks the forum as much as I do. I guess I couldn't see that page because I'm already a member.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
love the game, wish I would have started when it was new. it's pretty hard to find folks around my level to do content with since they're all 300+ lights and I am barely 200. but if any of you guys that just picked the game up, want a hand regardless of what you're doing I would be glad to join you. game name is the same as here.

spronk

FPS noob
there is zero point in being in a clan other than to get 2 or 3 trophies - complete a raid in a fireteam, complete a strike in a fireteam. there are no in game tools to do anything with clan members

Greyform

depends, I know a lot of guys who usebandto stay connected if there are no guild tools and it works pretty well. Works on your phone and takes the place of a guild forum and keeps you connected in real time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The thing that they nailed down in this game, over any other shooter, ever, IMO. Is they way it feels, the way the guns feel, the TTK, the way the players move. Its simply the best. I hope D2 takes this to the next level and improves on it.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
love the game, wish I would have started when it was new. it's pretty hard to find folks around my level to do content with since they're all 300+ lights and I am barely 200. but if any of you guys that just picked the game up, want a hand regardless of what you're doing I would be glad to join you. game name is the same as here.
Once you get to 240 just go random normal strikes and you will get to 290-295 in no time. Took me about 5 days. Then, you will quit like everyone else out of frustration for the horrid RNG loot system. It's worse than the first incarnation of Diablo 3 by 50 times worse where you can literally have all the challenge in the world and get loot drops worse than non heroic strikes. Nothing to spend your currency on, and you will rip your hair out. I thought they changed all that with taken King and was fired up for the first five days. Then, reality of the shit design they employ hit again.

They even flew in the Blizzard guys who reworked the Diablo 3 loot system in to help explain their downfalls. I don't think they listened and if they did, we will have to pay another 59 to see if they did actually listen.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The thing that they nailed down in this game, over any other shooter, ever, IMO. Is they way it feels, the way the guns feel, the TTK, the way the players move. Its simply the best. I hope D2 takes this to the next level and improves on it.
I hope D2 has a story and more content on release bc im not sure how many more suckers they think they will pull in anymore. I could see them announcing D2 @ E3 since D(vanilla) is likely not going to have anything else major this year worth a shit. However unlike when Destiny first release this year seems pretty big for some good releases, im personally looking for The Division and FF15 over all else.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I hope D2 has a story and more content on release bc im not sure how many more suckers they think they will pull in anymore. I could see them announcing D2 @ E3 since D(vanilla) is likely not going to have anything else major this year worth a shit. However unlike when Destiny first release this year seems pretty big for some good releases, im personally looking for The Division and FF15 over all else.
That's another thing that's fairly ridiculous. The lack of content all year. Burned through 95% of it in two weeks with taken King. Their answer for DLC will be gimmick content like racing or emotes on the cash shop for the entire year. I mean holy shit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Destiny continuously gets massive coverage on popular sites for whatever reason - late adopters get vanilla and TTK for a good price and dont notice the lack of content until too late. Like mkopec said, no other shooter has the feel and flow of running and shooting as nailed down as it is in Destiny - it by "far" has the best movement and feel, but thats where the fairy tale begins and ends. While TTK raid is nice, everything else is more or less the same and without Nathan's voice overs id likely be doing nothing but talkin shit about the game :p

I dumped alot of hours into the game so i cant say i didnt get my moneys worth if i put it $/hr but in the end you just feel slighted by the fact that it could be so much better but seems like they only do just enough.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
With the complaints about lack of content, why oh why didn't Bungie do the obvious thing and somehow add some 300-320 light drops to VoG and CE? They really shot themselves in the foot. 66% of the raids became completely irrelevant, in a game that was already stale from repetitive small amounts of content, the moment TK dropped. I know I'd run a "challenge mode" VoG or CE with current end-game level mobs to have an additional shot at a 320 item since they are so hard to come by in KF HM.

I'm in the forever 319 club (and I thought Bungie learned their lesson after the forever 29 club at release)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im kinda concerned with the general thought of them doing a Destiny 2 - How would that even work? Considering how shitty the content flow is, how would they support two different Destiny games? Would they stop doing anything at all for Destiny 1 aside from holiday events? Would Destiny automatically become a free version of Destiny 2 with limitations?

This isnt like CoD where you just do MP repeatedly, nor like a EQ where you just know you will still get content, patches and expansions yearly.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Halo didnt have a somewhat persistent world, people arent going to want to just jump to Destiny 2 like they would a Halo 2. Even if your characters carry over, how will they go about retaining your level/light vs new players only getting Destiny 2?

Chillz

If they only added a hard mode for patrol or reworked that gamemode. I love the (somewhat) open world feel of roaming around the maps, just shooting stuff and looting chests. Of course it's utterly pointless, but for me it's a fun timewaster i can do solo for half an hour here and there. The random events suck hard, for example "Defend the Warsat" or "Eliminate the Target" can be done solo now without much effort. I guess it's balanced because the rewards are crap, like 5 motes of light, gee thanks. The Taken events with the boss fights are a step into the right direction. But there are like no rewards for killing them unless you need to finish a bounty or something. All the regular mobs are just fodder that can barely hurt you at level 40 with 200+ light. I don't even care that i am stuck at 294 light forever now (there's no point since i don't do raids), but i wish there was more to do in form of rewarding casual solo and coop gameplay.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
PS4:
I just hit level 30 and I have a few questions, do people do the level 26 raid anymore? Why are there level 40's killing level 1-25s on patrols? Any rewards for finding all the dead ghosts and the like? Should I bother upgrading the strangers pulse rifle and that fusion that I got for the 25 marks? Anything else a noob needs to know?

Also I totally nerded out when I realized both Nathan Fillion and Gina Torres share the main table at the tower. Only complaint is Shohreh Aghdashloo while sounds great it is like she does not care or understand anything she is saying in game and after every line I can see the puzzlement on her face and the audiable sigh they had to edit out.

I will be added as many of you as I can tonight to my friends list so we can kill shit so make sure it is up to date.