Dexter

Eonan

Doer of Things
My girlfriend and I have a bet going regarding this. I'm on the "Debs a crazy bitch who did it to herself so she can have Dexter all to herself" side. And my girlfriend just thinks Hannah did it.

My girlfriend and I have a bet going regarding this. I'm on the "Debs a crazy bitch who did it to herself so she can have Dexter all to herself" side. And my girlfriend just thinks Hannah did it.
How would that work exactly ? She purposefully made herself black-out in the middle of the road just hoping that she doesn't kill herself ?

The other thing that made Dex suspicious was that what happened to Deb mirrored what Hannah was hoping to do to the writer. This wasn't something that Deb knew about. So if she did it to herself, she got really lucky, in that 1) she really didn't kill herself passing out in the middle of the road, and 2) the circumstances just so happened to align with a ploy that Hannah plotted previously that Deb wasn't aware of.

It's entirely possible, but unlikely.

Silence_sl

shitlord
How would that work exactly ? She purposefully made herself black-out in the middle of the road just hoping that she doesn't kill herself ?

The other thing that made Dex suspicious was that what happened to Deb mirrored what Hannah was hoping to do to the writer. This wasn't something that Deb knew about. So if she did it to herself, she got really lucky, in that 1) she really didn't kill herself passing out in the middle of the road, and 2) the circumstances just so happened to align with a ploy that Hannah plotted previously that Deb wasn't aware of.

It's entirely possible, but unlikely.
Dex said the stuff knocks out minutes after taking it. So, wreck car, drink fluid, pretend to be unconscious until actually unconscious.

That car was pretty fucked up. I'm not sure how you fuck it up that bad and stick it in a ditch without actually being in the car itself. She would have had to hurt her arm as well. I mean, I'm not discounting the theory, but if that's what these writers actually come up with ...
mad.png

mad.png

mad.png

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I think Deb did it also. It doesn't add up. Even if Hannah did happen to get Deb to pass out while driving and not pull over, or be somewhere else, her chances of actually killing her are still quite slim. Plus she'd know Dexter would suspect her and probably figure it out. Plus, as she said, that other chick is a drug addict, big slut, etc. Her statement in court would be useless. PLUS Hannah met that other chick and talked about it, and they both know that Deb has dick all for evidence and the only way Deb can do anything to anyone is if they admit to it.

And right before Deb got in the car, she said to Hannah: "I'm gonna do whatever it takes to protect him from you."

But there's not much hope of Hannah staying around now, so I'm gonna go ahead and kill myself, then watch Chuck marathons.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Dex said the stuff knocks out minutes after taking it. So, wreck car, drink fluid, pretend to be unconscious until actually unconscious.
I'm not saying the writing team won't go with exactly that story, but in real life it would be pretty difficult to roll your car (which I'm assuming she did from the damage they showed) on purpose so that you aren't significantly injured, and can drink a bottle of water right afterward as well.

That being said, I do sort of think Hannah is innocent because she doesn't appear to be dumb enough to give Dexter all those clues. Just not sure how I could reasonably explain Deb doing it to herself without pulling some TV magic.

Also, decided upon an avatar for awhile!

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm not saying the writing team won't go with exactly that story, but in real life it would be pretty difficult to roll your car (which I'm assuming she did from the damage they showed) on purpose so that you aren't significantly injured, and can drink a bottle of water right afterward as well.

That being said, I do sort of think Hannah is innocent because she doesn't appear to be dumb enough to give Dexter all those clues. Just not sure how I could reasonably explain Deb doing it to herself without pulling some TV magic.

Also, decided upon an avatar for awhile!
A dumb episode plot begs dumb explanations.
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Im going to be thinking about Vvoid's avatar all week.

Gotta be Ghost Doakes.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Ghost Doakes, and I'm on the Deb did it to herself team.
God the writing has gone to shit, but it's still better than a bunch of the shit on tv these days.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I wish LaCunta would just die already, though her having set the trap for Dexter was pretty clever. She has to know he is the BHB now even though she can't prove it.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I felt like Deb did it to herself, but I don't understand how you would drink something that is 50% xanax and not know, that stuff has flavor for sure and it isn't pleasant. Dexter ignores this and any evidence that she would have access to Deb's water bottle and that Deb would be chugging said water bottle on the way to do something. I've taken probably 4 bars in one night before, definitely didn't black out immediately. Also not sure why Dexter thought it was a good idea to try and kill his mom's murderer 24 hours after he's released and that he finds out that LaGuerta definitely thinks it's him

Guessing Doakes is just a flashback.

next week looks good

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so last week, quinn kills iron eagle, fetch's nadia passport. gets her some cash and tells her to get out of town. this week he goes back to the strip club which probably should be closed and asks if nadia is there? the stripper tells quinn that nadia is stripping in vegas and relayed her goodbye note. quinn is now shocked that shes gone? what?

doakes is dead, if not then the Onion was right and im done with this show because it makes 0 sense that hes alive. i also think that scene of la guerta leading dex in handcuffs is also a dream, by either laguerta, deb or dexter. i think la guerta is going to disappear next week or dexter will make it look like she committed suicide over doakes. the fallout from that is anyone's guess. who knows maybe carlos finds out something and decides he isnt going to retire until he puts dexter away.
did debs poison herself? well for that to happen she would have to assume, deb knows how much of the tainted water she needed to drink to make her pass out, when and where it would happen on the road. that she wouldn't accidentally kill innocent bystanders and that she wouldn't be seriously injured, that at the hospital carlos breaks his silence, tells dex about arlene shrum, that hannah didnt tell dexter she went by deb's house, that dexter would suspect hannah so he would look at deb's car and find the water and suspect its contents enough to have it analyzed. then get the results and automatically turn on hannah. either all that happened or hanna simply poisoned her like she had already told dexter she intended for sal price. i actually suspected that arlene was the one that was going to be poisoned, not deb. and it would look like she OD'ed
question. did estrada drown or he is still out there?

Silence_sl

shitlord
Really, the only way to really enjoy Dexter as a show is by not examining its plot any more closely than you'd examine your nude grand mother.

Szlia

Putting the did she or didn't she conundrum aside, did Dexter and Debra willingly put in jail a girl who knows Dexter is a serial killer?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really, the only way to really enjoy Dexter as a show is by not examining its plot any more closely than you'd examine your nude grand mother.
Agreed.. What's up with this "real life" talk?! Who gives a fuck? Just enjoy the show. Deb is a crazy bitch who's in love with her brother. She totally set Hanna up.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Another question: Hannah was confident they wouldn't find evidence about Sal Price. The lab tested his body for Aconite and found nothing. Yet it turns out she poisoned his pen with...aconite? How does that work?