Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's not really gambling, just think of shards as currency and you are buying a mystery item with that currency. I did most of the 7k when you could still split farm and get them 4x too fast, but with a group you can probably get 500 (the max you can hold at one time) in a few hours on higher torment .
Wasn't that when you couldn't gamble legendaries yet? I remember they tweaked that shit a lot and as far as I remember you couldn't get them at all for a while until they added it(then buffed or nerfed the rate I forgot).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'll give gambling a chance.

My remaining issues are reflects damage and so many items having exactly STUPIDLY BAD return rates for life on hit whereas reflects damage always reflects the damage. Those 2 abilities need to have the same rates of return even if they both don't trigger on the same hit every time.

Disclaimer: I kill reflects packs on t6, I just can't make builds I want to because of that.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
To continue on that, it's getting to the point that I will just completely stop at certain points now right after a legendary I have absolutely have no use ever for drops because I know it will be an hour or two before I even see another one.
Pretty sure this isn't how it works.

Juvarisx

Florida
100%xp buff is live and 2 hotfixes annouced but not yet implemented

UPCOMING HOTFIXES]

All class set items will now only drop in Torment I or above.*
Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.*

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I can set my watch to it basically. So its how it works for me and I paragon very steadily and not just CoTA grind.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
You are saying that once you get a legendary drop, you are prevented from getting another for a set interval? I've never read that anywhere.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where did you see that?
Those are both stupid "Hotfixes"
Well the ros sets already only dropped in torment, I guess they're just changing those ahead to follow the same rules.

Second change I guess is stuff like the shadow mobs or whatever giving less xp? Not too sure, hopefully it's not a overhanded nerf to xp on stuff like skeletons because of cota.

You certainly don't have a minimum limit of legendaries, that's not how the system works, it simply starts adding more and more MF if you haven't found one in a while. I've gotten 3 in 10mins earlier and another time soon after 2.0 I got 2 from the same pack of barrels.

Juvarisx

Florida
Ive gotten multiple legendaries over a span of 20 minutes or so its definatly not the case.

Anyways here is their justification on the monster HP pools

"It took us some time to evaluate whether or not we wanted to alter some of the current most popular runs. Our baseline for comparison for these alternative runs is to see how they stack up versus Adventure Mode and Bounty runs, and these different types of play should be on par (or at least fairly close). After extensive testing, we were finding this wasn't the case and came to the decision to make these changes. It's a decision we wrestled with for a while, but ultimately, we want to avoid situations where the most efficient game play isn't necessarily the most engaging and our investigations revealed this to be that kind of situation. We want a larger variety, rather than only one or two particular routes, to be the most rewarding way to play."

And Sets

"We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough. As a result, we've reached the decision to make class-specific sets, specifically Natalya's, Immortal Kings, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, and Zunimassa's, drop only in Torment I or above from this point forward.

The class sets weren't designed as a progression, but rather as a lateral choice between different play styles. It makes sense for all of them to be obtained at the same difficulty level, alongside the other sets that will be available at 70 in Torment I+. This should also make these very strong items a little bit more rare, and when you reach level 70 and you see someone wearing a full set, you'll know the level of play they needed to reach in order to acquire those items.

The reward level of each difficulty setting and how they feel is very important to us, and it's something we'll continue to observe and tweak as we enter the expansion."

I am guessing this means CoTA and T4 Cath runs took it in the ass, but I did neither so I don't know what they meant by mobs with lower then average health pools.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Stupid question maybe but can you ever get the same legendary (same name)? If not you're really boned if you leave twink gear lying around as you won't get the level 70 one ever.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stupid question maybe but can you ever get the same legendary (same name)? If not you're really boned if you leave twink gear lying around as you won't get the level 70 one ever.
Yea, you can. My HC monk got some legendary 1h weapon at level 7 or 8 and then the same one at level like 15. I was kinda surprised.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have 5 bul kathos band and 4 of those shitty amulets with vit/life as the legendary stats, so yeah, you definitely can. Oh and level wise, 2 of these bul kathos are lower lvl(one is like 45 or something, other is 59). I also dropped the last 2 bul kathos while having a bul kathos equipped(and another legendary ring), so I don't think loot is too smart, even though it seems to tend to TRY to fill some slots, weapons mostly. Like I've been running with a rare 1H xbow in my offhand and my Danetta's set xbow in the other in case there's some code that would make it more likely to drop a) a weapon b) the other part of the set, and so far I did find like 3quivers. Then again I also found a bunch of quivers when I had a legendary quiver equipped, so could just be random random.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have 2 Skorns in my bags. One was pre-legendary buff so it's like 850DPS. The second is the one I use, around 1400DPS. I keep the low one for humor.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
"It took us some time to evaluate whether or not we wanted to alter some of the current most popular runs. Our baseline for comparison for these alternative runs is to see how they stack up versus Adventure Mode and Bounty runs, and these different types of play should be on par (or at least fairly close). After extensive testing, we were finding this wasn't the case and came to the decision to make these changes. It's a decision we wrestled with for a while, but ultimately, we want to avoid situations where the most efficient game play isn't necessarily the most engaging and our investigations revealed this to be that kind of situation. We want a larger variety, rather than only one or two particular routes, to be the most rewarding way to play."
This. This right here is the shit that I can't stand from Blizzard and they do it constantly. Essentially, players have found something more efficient, even though it may not be as "engaging". Rather than increase the efficiency of the more engaging option(thereby making it evenmoreengaging - hard concept, I know), they go ahead and nerf the efficient option. So what you're left with, is two options that suck.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's some balance between "Farm Route A 24/7 til max level in 2 days then quit" and "slow grind playing the game until max level never". But these guys don't seem to be the best at striking a compromise. They know if they let you do the former you'll burn out and stop playing, but if they leave #2 in hardcore fans will stay and reasonable people will say fuck it.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dev 1: Hey, I think COTA runs are too fast. They are above the baseline.
Kirun: Ok, raise the baseline to equal COTA.