Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Stupid question maybe but can you ever get the same legendary (same name)? If not you're really boned if you leave twink gear lying around as you won't get the level 70 one ever.
I got two azurewrath within 2 days.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Without twinking, playing master you can level to mid 30s or so through act 1. It'll take a few hours though.
I just bought the game this past week and after a couple of days I am in Act 2 and level 31. This is with the 50% EXP bonus. I originally started on Normal but it was insanely easy. I switched to Hard and have still only died once and that was due to a brain fart on my part. Thinking upping it to Expert difficulty is the way to go.

Once you get to 60 and complete the game, are most people running it on Torment for the challenge?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I run it on Torment 1 so that the game doesn't become 100% move speed. Way of the falling star is a great rune for moving between packs, but if packs die on contact, you aren't giving the ability enough time to refresh. Thus you spend more time between packs WITHOUT the move speed buff. There's some other counter intuitive mechanics like this, but basically you want to play on the highest difficulty where your movement speed between packs is sped up the most AND your kill time on packs is low.

Resource gen is another one and anyone that played a WW barb will be familiar with this. Pre 2.0, WW barbs had to up the difficulty enough so mobs lived long enough to refund fury from their nados. Kill mobs too fast with anything but a generator and you'll run into the same problem.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dev 1: Hey, I think COTA runs are too fast. They are above the baseline.
Kirun: Ok, raise the baseline to equal COTA.
Who said that the baseline is COTA? COTA is popular because of its efficiency, not because it's fun or engaging. Plenty of people shy away from it, precisely because of how boring it is. Essentially, they are directly nerfing COTA and runs like it. Indirectly, they are hurting the overall experience of "low-life" mobs, because of a few runs that people are willing to subject themselves to.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Played my monk for 9 hours yesterday and got jack shit. Log on my wizard and get a Thunderfury in one run! Fuck my life lol, I wanted the TF on my Monk!!!!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I run it on Torment 1 so that the game doesn't become 100% move speed. Way of the falling star is a great rune for moving between packs, but if packs die on contact, you aren't giving the ability enough time to refresh. Thus you spend more time between packs WITHOUT the move speed buff. There's some other counter intuitive mechanics like this, but basically you want to play on the highest difficulty where your movement speed between packs is sped up the most AND your kill time on packs is low.

Resource gen is another one and anyone that played a WW barb will be familiar with this. Pre 2.0, WW barbs had to up the difficulty enough so mobs lived long enough to refund fury from their nados. Kill mobs too fast with anything but a generator and you'll run into the same problem.
At the advanced stages of the game where you are decked out in legendary gear does everyone expect you to clear the dungeons ASAP even if on Torment?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Are those hotfixes live? The set thing is kind of lame, torment already dropped extra loot at 70. And do creatures with higher than normal hp pools have bonus xp? Do elites?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hotfixes are probably live but you're not noticing it due to the 50%->100% xp increase. Will suck balls when the expansion hits and you lose the buff.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
With the XP buff (100%) cota seems to be the same as it was before. I hit 300 this morning though (my goal before RoS), so now I'm taking it easy till release. I don't think the nerf was THAT bad, and it could still be a viable run, just not so good as before. All you guys asking about witch doctors - wait until you get a Rhen'ho Flayer. At 230k sheet damage my frogs (0 mana, signature skill) crit for 750k, home-in on mobs, and are AOE. I use addling frogs which nearly perma-charm everything.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The bonus expos is nice and I decided to level a hunter before RoS drops. On paper with a hell fire ring plus Leorics signet my bonus experience over 600%. Managed to get to level 42 with less than 3 hours of playtime. May finish it up tonight or tomorrow.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why does jailer have to do tons of damage? And blue packs have to cast it 4 times? It's not killing me but that's going to rape people and I'm not sure its intended?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Naw do it on t6 if yer squishy it'll detonate you.

It just feels like they replaced a skill check with a skill check + (LARGE) toughness check.

This isn't (I think!) your typical "WTF Blizz" casual loser complaint either... I mean.. its really stupid for most people dealing with blue packs on T6.

Not to mention who the fuck knows what kind of damage it is if people wanna stack resist against it (you know... balance their build or counter weaknesses... good example being stacking life on hit is actuallyuselessfor MANY skills against reflects damage).

I realize my criticism could be more constructive but.. fuck it, its the internet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To reiterate for everyone that's going to be coming back in the next few days that hasn't already:

If you find the clan in game and submit an invite, don't expect me or Braen to just invite you. We get a ton of random invite requests. Unless your character is exactly the same name as your username here(and you post here frequently), I'm kicking you off the list in 3 days. Anyone in the guild can invite. Submit an invite request and then just message someone in the guild. Prove you at least lurk here by knowing who kate is, who really has Ds, or whatever and they'll invite you. I am not tracking you down just because you threw your tag in the thread here. The invite system does not make it easy to invite by tag, gotta be friends first.

Ok, I've been told the clan is actually full. The above still holds, but I thought some people were assuming the guild was full because I was kicking them off the invite list.

Akheron, if you're reading this, promote a few people to give them ability to edit player notes and kick people out. Bunch of people got in the first few days that were just random schleps.