Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking for a good legacy Triumvirate, might actually pay money over paypal for one if it's good enough.

niss_sl

shitlord
I'm guessing there's no need to craft these level 70 hands/wrists given that the set items have guaranteed 6 affixes? If they didn't all use a deaths breath it might be worth it but it seems to make more sense to keep that given that EVERYTHING meaningful uses deaths breath

Xevy

Log Wizard
Socketed Fulminator (took 20+ souls, fucking 683k gold per attempt at that point) and a Socketed Bone Sceptre. I'm an AE partying machine! So far we're guessing horadrics have a 10% chance or so at one of their assigned legendaries. Pretty high. Maybe too high.

Gambling I've gotten 1 legendary and used probably 2000 bloodstones. Just my RNG, I guess.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wait, did the level 60 sets not get updated to also be level 70 sets?
I was under the impression there was a level 70 Innas but apparently I'm wrong?

Not that I mind, getting drops for only one set works for me, just seems goofy a bit.
Well I'm still getting Blackthorne at 70, so I assume the class ones also drop but haven't found one yet.

One thing about bounties btw, their cache content is generated on opening, not on obtaining them. I can for example farm normal act1 bounties with my DH(speed buffs yay), then put them in my stash, log on my crusader in torment 6 and open them. They drop crusader smart loot(flails, shields, random shit, all with str and crusader skill %) and imperial gems(seems to drop almost all the time on torment 6 or maybe I was lucky, saves you quite a bit of money for crafting). Oh and they can drop legendaries too that way I'm fairly sure, even though I need to double check but I got a legendary on expert or normal whichever it was, the shitty thorns bracers.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Confirming legendaries from Horadric chaches, I had that shadow clone thingie pop out of one.

Is there any write up on when smart loot kicks in and when not? You make it sound like it's impossible to loot stuff for other classes - I was under the impression loot is still random and you can in theory get any loot with any char, it's just (heavily) weighted towards drops for your class.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
How to trade gems :
Steps:

1. Acquire two or more players in a Campaign mode game.
  2. Start on any quest that requires a boss kill. (Maghda, Skeleton king, Azmo, etc).
  3. One player place a BOA gem into a NON BOA item
  4. Player who has the BOA gem, drop on floor outside of boss area.
  5. Press on boss door to begin the battle.
  6. Kill the boss, go back to area where item was, gemmed item can now be picked up any player in game.

No clue how they come up with some of this stuff.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Dinged 70 and finished Act 5 yesterday. Had to take it down to Hard as I had pretty shit gear beforehand. Here are my thoughts:

Story: lol - who buys Diablo for the story? Didn't expect anything and wasn't disappointed.

Difficulty: I'm not complaining having to lower the difficulty to get through. I think it's pretty fucking great as it leaves a lot of room for (gear) improvement and refinement of strategy.

Act 5: Apart from the Westfold areas and the graveyard I didn't much like the setting of Act 5. The monsters were tougher and had some interesting abilities you had to watch for, but in the end I found it slightly underwhelming. The vast quantities of events did make up for it.

Adventure mode and Nephilim Rifts: This is what has made the expansion worth the money. Hands down the best part of it, along with the Nephilim Rifts.

All in all, I think this expansion was worth it, but it's the Adventure Mode and Nephilim Rifts that weigh most in making this true. Had they left them out I prolly wouldn't have played much longer.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Feels a bit like rifts are not worth it to run. Bounties give more bonus experience faster, more loot (shards), and the end reward gives unique legendaries you can only find from the bounty reward bag. Rifts are just randomly generated zones, basically what you're doing anyway when clearing bounties?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm it doesn't compare for me in terms of blood shards and overall amount of loot drops(so I guess higher chance at legendaries). The last boss tends to drop several rares and imperial gems as well as 60blood shards or so and often a legendary material(forgotten soul?). Doing 5 bounties gives like 15blood shards or some shit and one or two rares. You do get unique legendaries from the bounties though, if you're lucky. Only issue with rifts is they're very inconsistent in terms of content. I've had rifts where you run around for 20secs between packs of 3-4mobs at most and I've had rifts full of giant packs of mobs and with elites every half screen(so you end up aggroing 3-4elite packs at once then proceed to die over and over as you slowly grind them down, vanilla inferno style).

I like running them every now and then for a change of pace, bounties are pretty repetitive. Also the rift bosses are unique(well one of them is literally Ghom, so that one not really) so it's pretty fun. Ran into one that kept summoning worms and flies, like bunch of 10 of them at once, I was spamming Condemn with Eternal Retaliation over and over, shit was...GLORIOUS.

Confirming legendaries from Horadric chaches, I had that shadow clone thingie pop out of one.

Is there any write up on when smart loot kicks in and when not? You make it sound like it's impossible to loot stuff for other classes - I was under the impression loot is still random and you can in theory get any loot with any char, it's just (heavily) weighted towards drops for your class.
It's smart loot based on the class you play is what I meant. You can still get int crossbows on str characters out of it, but 95% of the loot is str shit when I open them on my crusader.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Feels a bit like rifts are not worth it to run. Bounties give more bonus experience faster, more loot (shards), and the end reward gives unique legendaries you can only find from the bounty reward bag. Rifts are just randomly generated zones, basically what you're doing anyway when clearing bounties?
I like rifts for the random monster mix and environments alone. While Bounties guide you all over the existing campaign map, most of that has fixed map layouts and monster combinations that became bland back in summer '12. I'm not sure what's better lootwise but I find rifts more interesting longterm (I assume - obviously havent played them longterm yet).

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Monks make some WD friends asap. The self buff from the Unity passive counts every WD pet, even the little fetish dudes.

Y5mKthl.jpg
And just like that, Blizzard says no! From the blue posts:

Monk
Unity
Players can now benefit from a maximum of 20% bonus damage from the Unity passive.*

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
ONLY reason to be kicked is if you haven't logged for a while and we need the spot. Read the moto, don't be a dick.
I was kidding. Deathwing kicked me right when I joined and then said the probability of me being kicked each time I logged in was the inverse log of my chance on getting laid.

xzi

Mouthbreather
20% unity passive is still a good chunk compared to other monk damage passives. At least I was at 20m toughness and 700k damage before they hotfixed it ^^

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Do rifts you fools, some of them are hilarious. Once you see your first all treasure goblin rift level you'll never question them again.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Requested invite as Stansfield#6836

After not playing for a few months and returning with 2.0 it finally feels like a game I can sink some hours into.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
20% unity passive is still a good chunk compared to other monk damage passives. At least I was at 20m toughness and 700k damage before they hotfixed it ^^
Given witch doctors ability to poop out minions at stupid rates there was no way they were not going to change that. Still 20% pure boost is very nice and easy enough to reach.