Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My Cosmic Strand was retroactively nerfed -damage - Forums - Diablo III
Before the patch Cosmic Strand could roll up to 418 damage top end and I crafted one with 414. After the patch my Cosmic Strand is now showing top end 394 but my existing Cosmic Strand only has 361 damage.

Not only did they retroactively change the stats on the item, they didn't simply reduce it to the new max but instead rerolled it at 53 less damage without notification.
I had to bitch about this on the general forums.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Pet builds are OP now. Buddy has fetishes critting for 2m, garg for 5m, and dogs for .5m each and thats without totem up AND he doesn't have all the pet build items yet.
Your buddy needs to try wrathful gargs
rrr_img_64392.jpg

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well good news I can apparently do T1 rifts, but it takes a while to kill the guardian. Also I got what looks like really good legendary gloves Frostburn, but I was going Fire build. Now I'm kinda in limbo. I have Rare gloves that are slightly better damage and toughness, with 9% crit chance. So do I shelve the Frostburn gloves til I have better support for a cold build or what. I also have bracers with +11 cold on them.

Arcane - Community - Diablo III

Needless

Toe Sucker
aww.. i had a work event so i couldnt get home until now.. no thorns for me *sniffle*

So... thorns get nerfed but doctors have passive.. literally.. passive pets hitting for 200m? and they nerf heavens fury?
holy fuck is blizzard ever incompetent

Dis

Confirmed Male
I milked about 2 hours worth of T6 Ghom farming with the Thorns deal. Got my final two guys to level 70, lots of xp/gold, and one set piece for my DH. Honestly I was contemplating pulling an all nighter if it took them more than a day to fix. Oh well.

Saban_sl

shitlord
replaced one item and my heavens fury damage is the same as it was before the nerf so its still working just fine for me. Not as good as it was but still effective.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Heavens Fury is still fantastic, it will probably remain the best spec given you have the appropriate gear... but still.. the fact that they nerf crusaders best spender, and give an absurd buff to shit like thorns (which they apparently fixed) and pets is just... what? how retarded are the programmers? I understand error.. as I do this sort of shit myself but come on.

I don't have optimal gear.. my FoH beams were hitting for 13m, now they're hitting for 10m.. thats fine by me but shit.. the incompetence on their team is nuts.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
abuse the heck out of thorns while you still can. Theres no way they let the current sanguary bracer synergy stand.

Needless

Toe Sucker
abuse the heck out of thorns while you still can. Theres no way they let the current sanguary bracer synergy stand.
Oh yeah, i still haven't tried that. I'll give it a whirl now lol

edit.. that shit is weird. thorns in T6 is still only hitting for 125k or so.. and occasionally 500k? random as hell.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got a second Tal Rasha helm from a random chest. +70 int -0.5% CC = +0.2% damage. Oh joy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah, i still haven't tried that. I'll give it a whirl now lol
Well it doesn't do anything more than prepatch so not sure what there's to try, and the bracers suck. The hotfixes are live based on the post so Iron Maiden gives 6k thorns(even though the tooltip isn't updated).

Needless

Toe Sucker
Well it doesn't do anything more than prepatch so not sure what there's to try, and the bracers suck. The hotfixes are live based on the post so Iron Maiden gives 6k thorns(even though the tooltip isn't updated).
Oh i learned that very quickly.. although that can't be entirely true. Sheet data says 6k, tooltip says 524k still but on average mobs were getting hit in T6 for just over 100k.
not even remotely worth it for common white mobs with 60m+ health haha

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I hope the pet change sticks, way too much fun to be a WD right now. To whoever asked earlier, the change does apply to turrets, probably hydras too. 3 wolf shirt is fucking strong with the new pet damage too lol

an accordion_sl

shitlord
aww.. i had a work event so i couldnt get home until now.. no thorns for me *sniffle*

So... thorns get nerfed but doctors have passive.. literally.. passive pets hitting for 200m? and they nerf heavens fury?
holy fuck is blizzard ever incompetent
well thorns was critting for 500mil

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thorns scale with 1/4 of your main stat bonus, so yeah 6k is gonna do 100k generally, but that was how it was prepatch/preros/prewhatever. There's no bug there. Bracers still suck because they do 1000% of your thorns amount, not the thorns damage, so it's basically always less than thorns itself once you have over 4000 in your mainstat(aka 60+) and it doesn't even proc all the time.

Crit damage on pets is weird, might be an oversight from their fix to pet stuff. If it stays they'll probably have to rebalance pet base damage as it seems fairly out of line atm.

khorum

Murder Apologist
To be fair that maw screen was staged a little. BBV and harringtons belt proc with a loose tile in maw's room AND i stacked CD gear along with an emerald in my weapon for +400ish CD---which is something I'd never do in my everyday pet build(in fact i wasnt wearing about +40% phys gear to make room for the CD). I'm typically in 1.58m sheet dps in farm gear and with bbv+harringtons up my wrathful protector would crit for about 40-60m in peak situations prior to today.

The pet CD fix is just that, imo. It was always strange that a major item affix wasn't influencing pet performance at all. They may have pendulumed a bit far in the correct direction, but some adjustment is welcome so long as CD becomes a meaningful option in gear decisions for pet builds.