Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
At this point it has nothing to do with the quantity of drops; it's the quality. I've gotten probably a hundred legendary/set drops but all they're good for is souls. The biggest problem is getting endless rings and bracers which are slots I already have BiS in. And that RNGesus apparently knows that all I need for weapons are hand xbows, so I have been getting nothing but bows, xbows, and quivers.

No real solution to the problem though, it's all just dumb fucking luck at this point. Well, except for set drops. I really do believe that the L60 class sets have a vastly lower chance to drop at 70 compared to everything else, and it needs to be fixed.

And yes, a pair of Unity rings and the 'follower cannot die' relic will halve all your damage. It also makes it impossible for the effect of Pride's Fall to be broken, except if you stand in fire/frozen/poison/etc. Sadly I've gotten 40+ rings since 2.0 and not even one Unity.

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
That's where the new apprentice of Hadrig is, is he there in your town? Should be standing by the forge and has some text stuff and Hadrig himself has lines referring to him.
Ah, ok thanks. Yeah, I finished all of the conversations between those two, just never really knew where he came from. I figured it wasn't important, but it still kept nagging at me to find out. Thanks for the help.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
After absolutely hating the original release (except for the money I made in the RMAH), I felt pretty guilty picking this up a little over a week ago. I've really enjoyed it more than I have any game in recent memory- I thought I would hate not being able to trade but it kind of makes the stuff you do find feel better. I've gotten two monk set items on my barb though- luckily a monk friend was in the group for one of them.

The loot is so streaky too. Yesterday I had 4 legendary drops in a row in about two and a half hours. All four were lidless walls (and they were all 10-13% block and awful). Ended my night with finding a shard of hate- it's amazing how much of a difference a single item can make. Feels like it tripled my DPS- though I can't imagine them keeping it that strong forever.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Finally got a magefist to complete my monk fire set. After blowing tons of shards Kahala decided to give one up. Now since that set is complete I been working on a lightning set. I have a shard of hate, thunder God's vigor and I know I need a Thunderfury. What other key items are needed for a monk lightning set?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The lightning damage doesn't actually buff thunderfury, but it's still probably the best 1hander in the game for any build.

Vorph

Pretty sure SoH outclasses TF by a fairly large margin right now, but yeah TF would make a great second weapon. So would Won Khim Lau, Fulminator, Odyn Son, Sun Keeper, Mad Monarch's Scepter, etc. though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Finally got a magefist to complete my monk fire set. After blowing tons of shards Kahala decided to give one up. Now since that set is complete I been working on a lightning set. I have a shard of hate, thunder God's vigor and I know I need a Thunderfury. What other key items are needed for a monk lightning set?
The 4 piece of the lightning set is +15% lightning damage. Can probably Ring of Grandeur to it pretty feasibly.

Eye of the Storm is up to 30% lightning damage helm if you don't use GNK for LTK.

A good Wyrdward could be interesting, but not necessary.

Vorph

When you have the option, play in a big group. Seems like there's a large magic find bonus when in groups. Solo, I find a legendary every few hours, but when friends are on at the same time and we get a 4 man group going chaining rifts, each of us finds a legendary every 20-25'ish minutes. It's incredibly noticeable the difference.
Coming back to this, I believe the best way to farm by a huge margin right now is to get 2-4 people with strong gear (say, able to solo T3) and do T1 rifts. Split up and clear the map the most efficient way you can with everyone on a different path if possible. For full groups I'd probably split into 2x2 for most maps since 4 paths isn't really viable (and even on T1 things have an annoying amount of hp with 4 players).

There's absolutely no reason for people who only care about legendaries and shards to go above T1 right now. The goal should be to clear T1 (guardian and GTFO, unless it's mega-jail) as fast as possible with the maximum MF bonus from a full group.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Coming back to this, I believe the best way to farm by a huge margin right now is to get 2-4 people with strong gear (say, able to solo T3) and do T1 rifts. Split up and clear the map the most efficient way you can with everyone on a different path if possible. For full groups I'd probably split into 2x2 for most maps since 4 paths isn't really viable (and even on T1 things have an annoying amount of hp with 4 players).

There's absolutely no reason for people who only care about legendaries and shards to go above T1 right now. The goal should be to clear T1 as fast as possible with the maximum MF bonus from a full group.
think the biggest thing with groups is, if you run with the same people often enough they don't mind throwing you class specific gear.

Is there an easy way to program a hotkey for weapon/bracer swapping? I got my double bombardment weapon last night.

Vorph

I can't say I've seen many opportunities to share gear at all since RoS. I group with fletch101 most of the time, and Frivolous when he's around, and I've given away one Monkey King set item that dropped for my DH for some bizarre reason and some bracer that I can't even remember, but is obsolete now that Reaper's Wraps exist I'm sure. A set hand xbow dropped for someone else once, but it was Danetta's instead of Natalya's so zero fucks were given. Only item I've actually received from someone I grouped with was my L60 SoJ (which is still unbeatable even though I've gotten 6 L70 SoJ drops).

Needless

Toe Sucker
I need to group with you if you see SOJs, i've never once seen one lol
I keep getting shitty zodiac things
frown.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
How are barbs with fire builds? thinking of giving my cindercoat to him and gearing him out, and maybe go back to fire on my crusader eventually, feel bad letting it rot in bank.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm

There's absolutely no reason for people who only care about legendaries and shards to go above T1 right now. The goal should be to clear T1 (guardian and GTFO, unless it's mega-jail) as fast as possible with the maximum MF bonus from a full group.
The only problem with this is you're splitting your magic find. It only triggers in a 75 yd radius. So while you clear the place faster, you lose out on the 10-30% magic find.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm about ready to shelve this till the next major patch. Giant diluted pool of loot with no trading is really not a good idea, not in a game where there is zero competition or market. can't even get ok rolls on 3rd or 4th best in slot shit, let alone anything really BiS at this point obviously.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
How are barbs with fire builds? thinking of giving my cindercoat to him and gearing him out, and maybe go back to fire on my crusader eventually, feel bad letting it rot in bank.
Fire and lightning seem to be the main options for barb atm. I have pretty solid fire gear all around, and if you like HOTA then it's pretty great. Personally, I find the skill clunky and migrated to lightning as soon as I had a few pieces to do so.

With cinder you can go HOTA as your main attack without a generator if you want, but maniac works well too and is more steady. Either way, it does plenty of damage.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
The y-axis label confuses me. What is 'Legendary Drop Chance Modifier" supposed to mean?