Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont by it. Some dude on the Wizard forum was saying if you click fast and just fill your inventory with whatever slot, Kadala pays out Legendary items. Yes sounds nuts and yes you're damn right I tried it. She did give me 3 Legendary chest pieces from 300 shards! Not the Cindercoat I needed, but she gave me some legs.
That stingy bitch does seem to put out more when you spam that button.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard has been using a streaky RNG algorithm for quite a while now. Similar shenanigans occur in WoW all the time.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The text suggested there is a "right" and wrong pool to buy from. Maybe I picked the right one but this guy was suggesting it's based on starting with an empty inventory and just clicking very fast to get the items... any item... and it works.

Stave

Potato del Grande
The only thing I could think of why they would do it intentionally would be if it could be a mechanic where she has a regular legendary drop chance across the board, and has a hidden "buff" drop chance window that moves across item slots for time periods, to simulate a lucky streak.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well in puzzles and dragons thats how it works with looting the god eggs, basically you time the clock when it dings the minute and it drops their version of legs you chain roll the whole minute and it works.

I wouldnt go all tin foil on it but I wouldnt count it out, its been done recently and before.

Look at the way white farming works, you wait 15 minutes at the rare ass vendor spawns for loot to reset in D3 hoping for a shield or whatever.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The text suggested there is a "right" and wrong pool to buy from. Maybe I picked the right one but this guy was suggesting it's based on starting with an empty inventory and just clicking very fast to get the items... any item... and it works.
And I spam button pressed 400+ shards on bracers yesterday with zero legedaries. I've also spam button pressed 200+ shards on other slots and gotten 2-3. It could be RNG be RNG but I've seen no connection with the speed of which I press to the legendary rate. The reason I'm sure the guy on reddit thought it is because many RNG algorithms are based upon a time seeding. So he assumed if you press fast enough and you use determineDrop(Random(now:)emoji_nose: and the now() was the same it would dispense a legendary for both.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The only thing I could think of why they would do it intentionally would be if it could be a mechanic where she has a regular legendary drop chance across the board, and has a hidden "buff" drop chance window that moves across item slots for time periods, to simulate a lucky streak.

Yep. I have no concrete proof (and farming enough shards to 'prove' this would suck, but anectodal evidences from multiple people points to this being a strong possibility.

penalty_sl

shitlord
So I just hit 70. Now I want to run bounties and kill rift bosses, and target certain items by gambling them with shards?

Also whats the deal with people selling rift boss kills on d2jsp? you just join the game and get the kill for a chance at a leg drop?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Got your EP fist yet Nirgon? =D
Hunderds of paragons later no fist, no cindercoat for DH.

Shit's classic.

As far as intentional lucky streak.. Blizzard may just as well come out and say it, because the players always get to the bottom of shit like this. If there is such a thing as intentional lucky streak code :p.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yep. I have no concrete proof (and farming enough shards to 'prove' this would suck, but anectodal evidences from multiple people points to this being a strong possibility.
Best case would be just to get the info out there to the clan so that if someone gets on a streak for say legendary boots, they can let the clan know and those who want legendary boots can join their game and spend all their shards on those and hopefully get multiple legendaries as well. If it works as it is said to, I'm sure it will be noticeable. It really wouldn't surprise me either if it rotates through the slots in a non-random order as well knowing blizzard. With enough shards and testing, may even be able to pinpoint which items it will move to next and get timeframes down if it isn't totally random.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I just hit 70. Now I want to run bounties and kill rift bosses, and target certain items by gambling them with shards?

Also whats the deal with people selling rift boss kills on d2jsp? you just join the game and get the kill for a chance at a leg drop?
Really @ the last part? That seems like a big fucking hassle.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
And I spam button pressed 400+ shards on bracers yesterday with zero legedaries. I've also spam button pressed 200+ shards on other slots and gotten 2-3. It could be RNG be RNG but I've seen no connection with the speed of which I press to the legendary rate. The reason I'm sure the guy on reddit thought it is because many RNG algorithms are based upon a time seeding. So he assumed if you press fast enough and you use determineDrop(Random(now:)emoji_nose: and the now() was the same it would dispense a legendary for both.
Many do use time as a seed, but the seed is based on a millisecond timestamp and would be 100% different if a click is in a different millisecond. Unless you guys are able to click twice in 1/1000 of a second (I doubt it), this does not make much sense to me. All of that assumes that they do not have a more sophisticated way to generate these numbers. I really think people are just getting fooled by randomness.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Best case would be just to get the info out there to the clan so that if someone gets on a streak for say legendary boots, they can let the clan know and those who want legendary boots can join their game and spend all their shards on those and hopefully get multiple legendaries as well. If it works as it is said to, I'm sure it will be noticeable. It really wouldn't surprise me either if it rotates through the slots in a non-random order as well knowing blizzard. With enough shards and testing, may even be able to pinpoint which items it will move to next and get timeframes down if it isn't totally random.
That's the plan for tonight yes.

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
I'm sure it's been said many times, HoTA is a fine build. Becomes stronger once you start adding +fire gear and reapers wraps. Can check the build in my sig for deets. Might want to add in CoA as well.
Yep - I ran this build for 2 weeks after hitting 70, but as soon as I got some lightning damage amps, I switched to lightning whirlwind and my clear times went down by half.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its just easy, one of my buddies sells our last slots a lot on d2jsp. They also buy Act 5 chest runs so they can afk at zone in and just run to leg if it drops, if its junk they pass to you for shards anyway so its a win win as a seller.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're assuming Blizzard would be smart enough to generate a new RNG seed on every single item generation and not simply do a seed every X seconds for the server. That's for everything not just Kadala.

Also I would consider that when they put in smart loot and class pools they did category based awarding. Open a chest, roll for legendary, okay you got a legendary in the belt category, roll again for the specific belts available to your class and level. Grats you got a Blackthornes!

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Interesting note on Kadala, she can go on streaks with certain slots, and you can join your friend's games when she is paying out legendaries of a certain slot, and easily get legendaries. Video seems legit. Would be nice to get some of these exchanges going with clan members.

How to incorrectly asses at attribute random occurrences. Blizzard's RNG may not be truly random, but this is just someone who fails at understand random chances.

Also, I think Onyxia Deep Breaths you don't have enough dots

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hey, blackthornes is fuckin bad ass... 2pc aug's with 2pc black's and ring of royal grandeur is fuckin' gewd until you make your perfect build or w/e.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Hey, blackthornes is fuckin bad ass... 2pc aug's with 2pc black's and ring of royal grandeur is fuckin' gewd until you make your perfect build or w/e.
Love me some good rolls on blackthorne for the 3 piece set, but i don't need 1000 drops of it for that! =P