Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're assuming Blizzard would be smart enough to generate a new RNG seed on every single item generation
Generating a new seed on every rand is bad programming practice; it defeats the entire purpose of using a good PRNG algorithm and it adds unnecessary computational expense.

Stave

Potato del Grande
How to incorrectly asses at attribute random occurrences. Blizzard's RNG may not be truly random, but this is just someone who fails at understand random chances.

Also, I think Onyxia Deep Breaths you don't have enough dots
I would be the first one to agree with you normally, but there is more evidence of this out there on multiple occasions and from what it says, is fairly reproducible. There is another video atRNG *gg* or - YouTubeand some screenshots. It may be nothing but it may be worth trying out.

JrQvHPW.jpg

Njial_sl

shitlord
I would be the first one to agree with you normally, but there is more evidence of this out there on multiple occasions and from what it says, is fairly reproducible. There is another video atRNG *gg* or - YouTubeand some screenshots. It may be nothing but it may be worth trying out.

JrQvHPW.jpg
Just another anecdotal example, I had 3 clanmates' Thunderfury drops clump together in the log just like that. and later that night 2 of the same legendary within like 30 mins of each other.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I figure if I can get versions of all the items I want in 3 months... in a year I can have a nearly perfect character. Sounds like loot is working fine for me u feels?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just bought 5x t6 rift boss kills for 100fg out of curiosity.. I'll report back.
Its just easy, one of my buddies sells our last slots a lot on d2jsp. They also buy Act 5 chest runs so they can afk at zone in and just run to leg if it drops, if its junk they pass to you for shards anyway so its a win win as a seller.
This is what people don't understand. By trying to prevent people from making money off games by doing things like no trading etc you aren't accomplishing anything except punishing everyone else. People are going to get what they want, they'll just pay someone else to do it in a way they can't.

Just let us trade everything ffs.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is what people don't understand. By trying to prevent people from making money off games by doing things like no trading etc you aren't accomplishing anything except punishing everyone else. People are going to get what they want, they'll just pay someone else to do it in a way they can't.

What? Its just paying for carries. It seems really obtuse to me. Feels you could make more legendaries by just running a T1 rift by yourself instead of just jumping in for the T6 boss.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

People will go to great lengths to not play a game, news at 11.

Murked

So my crazy theory on Kadala is that it's all related to lag. If you are spamming the button or just hitting the button as the game hitches and you happen to get a legendary roll at that point, it duplicates it!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What? Its just paying for carries. It seems really obtuse to me. Feels you could make more legendaries by just running a T1 rift by yourself instead of just jumping in for the T6 boss.
You really think there aren't people out there both paying to be carried for drops with a conditional if you get x item I'll pay you x for it? Preventing trading doesn't stop this things, it just hurts everyone.

Tenks

So my crazy theory on Kadala is that it's all related to lag. If you are spamming the button or just hitting the button as the game hitches and you happen to get a legendary roll at that point, it duplicates it!
Although I can't confirm I assume with 1000000% certainty the roll is generated server-side. And that isn't how client/server architectures work.

penalty_sl

shitlord
So for the t6 boss kills I was awarded 2 legs that weren't that good.

Not sure if I'll do it again, but I've had FG sitting on d2jsp for ages and never had anything to spend it on. But I still think I'd rather just play the game myself.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Skipping the part where you acquire gear is kind of pointless.. because then all you'll have is "killing monsters for nothing". Think about it

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Skipping the part where you acquire gear is kind of pointless.. because then all you'll have is "killing monsters for nothing". Think about it
Again, flawed logic. There is always going to be better gear. Even if you have all the right pieces there are going to be better rolls of those pieceds.

Nevermind the fact that there are specific items that can vastly change the way a class plays, like class sets. Being able to get some of the set pieces can be huge.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There will always be better gear is flawed as well because as it stands there is a finite amount of gear right now.

I guess more elaboration on my point would be that you're shortening the distance for how long the game will be enjoyable as you shorten the gap in gear. What will happen when the rabbit can get the carrot on the stick?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sometimes you spend a exhorberant amount of time in pre-fix crafting mat farming to get an awesome item roll. Then they retroactively nerf it, reroll your damage and it becomes mediocre. So then you say fuck it I'm chest running on multiple characters to get my set drops and I'll worry about the stupid crafting shit later.

Maybe they'll put crafting material drops in rifts and we can all rift while we rift.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That guild has 5 members and seemingly only two online. No shit the log is going to look like that if they fucking drop 1000 shards at the same time on gloves. That's 8 legendaries for 200 tries if they had full shards. That's 4% chance. Methinks it was just normal shit happening and none of this hot-streak nonsense.