Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Should let people take over your instance and come back to it later if its still working.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It seems like it is -

rrr_img_65571.jpg

Laptop too busy botting to take screen with it - had to use phone.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From what I hear, if you never leave the game, the hotfix is never applied. Let that shit roll as long as you can man!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im not sure if ppl can join my game since its pre-hotfix, how does that work?

-nm tested, had someone join and he died and went afk :p - jerk

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
from my experience that unique doesn't affect the essence burn rune, so there's no benefit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Only 10% of your MF applies to Legendary items, and I don't think it's multiplicative with the rift bonus, is it?
That's basically what we're testing. If it was multiplicative we'd see some crazy shit, but it's probably not.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought a blue posted awhile back when they got rid of nephalam valor and whatnot that MF had no effect on legos. Just the quality of drops aka less blue drops and more yellow drops. I could be wrong though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If 300% MF equates to 30% legendary increase and you, for example, only have a 2% chance in a rift then you're not going to see a difference at the individual level between 2% and 2.6%. Because even if you pop on a Nagelring, 2 Cains, and then completely neuter your stats with legacy MF gear you're still not increasing your rate more than 1%.

MF percents and statistics are a lie, and they don't even have the decency of telling you it's cake.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If it applies before all the other shit, then yeah, it's garbage. If it's 1 leg per 500 elites and you get it to 1 leg per 350 elites that's not super noticeable. If it 30% times your torment*rift factor then the 3.5*1.03 = 3.6 leg find rate. So bad in both cases.

Edit: MATHD WRONG

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They wanted to basically make MF worthless and phase it out. I doubt they'd do the formulas in a way to make it anything other than that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The fact that they put 50% on the new Cain's set and left shit like Nagelring in makes it seem like there'd be SOME sort of use. But no. Guess they're trying to confuse old D2 players.

fiyawerx_sl

shitlord
If it applies before all the other shit, then yeah, it's garbage. If it's 1 leg per 500 elites and you get it to 1 leg per 350 elites that's not super noticeable. If it 30% times your torment*rift factor then the 3.5*1.03 = 3.6 leg find rate. So bad in both cases.

Edit: MATHD WRONG
Maybe not super noticeable as you're playing, but even NOW people have 20, 30, 40K elite kills +, then you're talking the difference between 80 legs and 114 legs, which does seem pretty significant. (going from 1 per 500 to 1 per 350 for example)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well I was using the 300% which is really 30% magic find which only gives 3% legendary increase because Blizzard can't be fucking straightforward. So if you get 1 out of 500 elite packs you're now finding one every 485ish elite packs. I have 40k elite kills on my monk. So that'd be:

80 legendaries at 500 elites per drop
vs
82 legendaries at 485 elites per drop

Granted those aren't the real numbers (real numbers pre rift bonus etc I think are more like 350ish) for the 770 hours I've played that's a basically no bonus whatsoever.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
would be nice if there was a substantial benefit to running anything t4+ tighter affixes so less garbage rolls, maybe guaranteed affixes like sockets in weapons idk

anyone know if you can still do that quest exploit to level insanely fast? wanna get a wiz up, will trade if anyone wants to hook up.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was able to get two of the crusader class piece sets over the past few days. The boots and the helm which the rolls aren't spectacular but nor are they horrible. I got them in the bank as of now and will use then when I get my 3rd piece for the 4 set bonus with RRoG ring. Hopefully I can score a Blade of Prophecy and try out the condemn/heavens fury build. I've been doing T4 to see if the drop rate is better but honestly I didn't see any difference at all. Plus my current gear I can't plow through it like I can in T3. Maybe if I can get a Harrington waistguard, Haunt of Vaxo and a holy SoJ I can probably do T5 without 6 piece set bonus. The difference in difficulty is noticeable from T3 to T4. I think the sweet spot for loots is T3 which I had most of my luck.