Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I was able to get two of the crusader class piece sets over the past few days. The boots and the helm which the rolls aren't spectacular but nor are they horrible. I got them in the bank as of now and will use then when I get my 3rd piece for the 4 set bonus with RRoG ring. Hopefully I can score a Blade of Prophecy and try out the condemn/heavens fury build. I've been doing T4 to see if the drop rate is better but honestly I didn't see any difference at all. Plus my current gear I can't plow through it like I can in T3. Maybe if I can get a Harrington waistguard, Haunt of Vaxo and a holy SoJ I can probably do T5 without 6 piece set bonus. The difference in difficulty is noticeable from T3 to T4. I think the sweet spot for loots is T3 which I had most of my luck.
you want the 4 piece for condemn build?

i have 4 piece currently only using 2 since foote removes the need for wrath, but when i get 5 ill sub.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
you want the 4 piece for condemn build?

i have 4 piece currently only using 2 since foote removes the need for wrath, but when i get 5 ill sub.
It's possible to do it with the 4 piece set. All you need is at least 40% CDR (before DR but more the better), a BoP or FoTF and a Hellskull. The 4 piece Akkrats reduce the cost of all spells by 50% but the 6 piece reduces the cool down of Akkrats by 50%. With enough CDR you can almost have perma Akkrats.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It's possible to do it with the 4 piece set. All you need is at least 40% CDR (before DR but more the better), a BoP or FoTF and a Hellskull. The 4 piece Akkrats reduce the cost of all spells by 50% but the 6 piece reduces the cool down of Akkrats by 50%. With enough CDR you can almost have perma Akkrats.
yeah i was just wondering because the 4 pc makes no sense with foote, that's one shield i haven't found yet hellskull.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
yeah i was just wondering because the 4 pc makes no sense with foote, that's one shield i haven't found yet hellskull.
I got two of them sitting in my bank. I hate to do this but once I get enough shards I will start using them on 2 handers after the cache/shard buff.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Several Blue posts via reddit today. Changes coming in 2.0.5 coming soon (tm)

-Higher torment = more blood shards per lvl beyond Torment 1
-Caches scale with difficulty so if you do in t6 you get more chance of aact items and they are putting Torment only legendaries in them if done on T1+
-Reducing cost of unsocketing gems
This would be very welcome. I feel forced to run my rifts and bounties on faceroll and it's making me disinterested. 50 caches this weekend with no RORG to show. T1 rifts give me legendary drops but I get every crap ring and badly rolled weapon in the game.

I know it's all been said, but they really need to have main stats either normalized and/or standard on item rolls. Sockets should be native on weapons if they intend to keep things as they are with gems. I have a cache of 5-6 weapons now that I'd like to equip but I cant because they lack main stat and socket and i cant reroll more than one. I've made 4 Aughild's Spikes and they refuse to include a main stat roll. I rolled a great crafted sword that only needs a socket to be viable and blew all my souls and cash trying to get it to roll.

I think the RNG gods are telling me to roll an Alt.

Barbarian or Crusader to go with my Wizard?

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Game is basicaly an exponential curve.

When you get to that sweetspot where all your items are pretty decent and start trying to farm for those perfect items or spec defining ones = Game becomes a tedious grindfest that is boring as hell. I manage to play maybe 1-2 hours per week since I reached that state.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
It's been over a week now since I've found a non-dupe set item. I still could use 7 of them: IK belt/helm, Raek shoulders/gloves, EQ shoulders/gloves/pants, so it's not like I'm only hunting for 1-2 remaining pieces. But all I get from green beams now is blackthornes, set rings and dupes of the pieces I already have. Can't gamble or target or trade for them. And now I have ladders to look forward to where not only do I get to start over but I get to combat the same RNG just to get an efficient setup to farm ladder-only items to eventually, maybe make it back to non-ladder? No way.

Also frustrating is how quick they are to hotfix and nerf anything that benefits the player. But a bug that's been around a while and ruins a potentially great item? Eh, not a priority. Fjord cutter had the same dual wield ICD reset bug as SoH for how long now? I've been using a high movement speed BK-set WW build for lower torments the last few days, and was excited to finally get hexing pants last night after thousands of shards gambled. But to use it with WW I have to keep my inventory open constantly because any stutter or using WW before moving means I'm down 50% damage. Even hitting a force move while whirlwinding only pops up my damage 50% of the time, so I have to keep checking. And we all love that 3-5 second delay when opening your inventory to check. They acknowledged the WW/hexing pants problem a couple weeks ago on the forums, but obviously it hasn't been a priority like the other things they've "fixed" since.

I'll keep playing for a bit, but really out of sunk cost mentality/gambler's fallacy rather than real enjoyment. I HAVE to get another couple pieces of EQ set soon, right? No, of course not. But I suppose I've only done 442 rifts and 1559 bounties, so I should stop feeling so entitled to instant gratification like having class-defining set bonuses. Kind of hoping they release ladders quickly and the ladder-only items are really good so it finally kills any motivation I have left to play.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ladder in this iteration of the game is a no go for me. I don't care how good the ladder only items are, I just will not re grind the same way I just did, fuck...that...shit.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Game is basicaly an exponential curve.

When you get to that sweetspot where all your items are pretty decent and start trying to farm for those perfect items or spec defining ones = Game becomes a tedious grindfest that is boring as hell. I manage to play maybe 1-2 hours per week since I reached that state.
I just finished my crusader, i was waiting on a gryfalcons for like 2 weeks oddly enough i get it and instantly shelf my crusader because hes basically done besides set pieces that im just not gonna grind for since that's all i want(need 1 more for 6 piece), i started to work on a WD, and from all the crusader gear that i never used i was able to gear a fire barb that can do t3-4.

i like having more than 1 character that's geared gives me options of what i wanna play and when, also even though i may have my crusader finished its still fun to pull it out for t5 rifts with the guild, and if its just lower torment i got a lot of options of what i want to play, once i get WD to about t3-4 ill work on wizard, don't have any interest in DH and monk would be my last since it was my main in release.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I just finished my crusader, i was waiting on a gryfalcons for like 2 weeks oddly enough i get it and instantly shelf my crusader because hes basically done besides set pieces that im just not gonna grind for since that's all i want(need 1 more for 6 piece), i started to work on a WD, and from all the crusader gear that i never used i was able to gear a fire barb that can do t3-4.

i like having more than 1 character that's geared gives me options of what i wanna play and when, also even though i may have my crusader finished its still fun to pull it out for t5 rifts with the guild, and if its just lower torment i got a lot of options of what i want to play, once i get WD to about t3-4 ill work on wizard, don't have any interest in DH and monk would be my last since it was my main in release.
Grats on proving my point I guess?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Grats on proving my point I guess?
what, that once you have optimal gear the game is pointless? yeah we all knew that, that's why i keep rolling characters, and by the time i finish them all, hopefully something new is out.

If i still needed the foote i would still be playing my crusader as much as i did before, and that WAS the only thing i needed, didn't stop me from still playing as much as before just so i could find the foote, but since hes literally done, besides 1 set piece hes shelved.

its essentially the same as diablo2... get a perfect character on to the next.

i get your point of upgrades being so far and few when you have "optimal" gear, but maybe im different i didn't wanna play any other class until i got my foote, just because it was literally the only item i needed, i didn't go down to 1-2 hours a week or w/e until i found it because that's all i needed nah i still played 6+ hours trying to find that fucking thing.

took me 1-2 weeks of 6+ hours a day to find ONE item that i needed literally nothing else found in those 1-2 weeks was an upgrade outside of the foote, and i still kept playing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not sure how it happened, but in a game with a couple friends and my enchantress is still hanging out with us turning shit into chickens.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ladder in this iteration of the game is a no go for me. I don't care how good the ladder only items are, I just will not re grind the same way I just did, fuck...that...shit.
It sounds like they'll have multiple ladders, and I'm hoping that only one of them will be the "reset" ladder.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Let us target farm certain items, especially set items, and I will have no problem playing with a reset ladder.

In d2 if you wanted an SoJ you farmed hell andy, If you wanted runes you did countess, etc..