Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
From what I understand they're just not very good. Even then end-game is very, very rigid. I don't know if it is that way for all classes but the itemization and build for true end-game Barb is very strict.

Tenks

I am still going to try and get some more gear to flesh it out but I did have an idea for a barb that I think I got up to GR22. It was mainly focused on VIT, Life%, Physical% and using skills that leeched/gained life percentage based. I needed to get IK gloves but the build was something like:

Helm: Leoric's Crown w/ Ammy (str/vit/cc/socket)
Shoulders: Aughlid's (str/vit/life%/rend)
Gloves: IK (probably trifecta, possibly lose AS and gain VIT)
Chest: IK (str/vit/ra)
Bracers: Aughlid's (phy%/str/vit/cc)
Pants: Hexing
Boots: IK
Belt: Lamentation (life%)
Ring1: Unity
Ring2: RoRG
Ammy: Xeph

Weapon: Furnace (probably -- I was using that physical% 1H sword + TF)

Left: Rend w/ Blood Lust
Right: WW / Blood Funnel
1: War Cry w/ Invigorate
2: COTA w/ Fury
3-4: Users's choice

Passives: Ruthless, Inspiring Presence (2% heal), Rampage, User Choice

So the goal was to get about 800k or so HP as your pool. That way you are, on the conservative side, gaining 5% HP/s or 40k HP/s. Since you try and stack some physical% that means it basically applies double to your Rend since you can now double rend targets. Get the legendary gem to 25 where you gain 3% AS per bleeding target within range.

The build made sense in theory to me but I could see it being a tad DPS starved. So I was looking into adding things like WoTB but the issue is the build has no cooldown reduction so you're looking at 2 minutes between uses. I decided to just give Leapquake another shot and I can do higher GRifts than I could previously but my leapquake build is more fleshed out than that build. Really I need a pair of IK gloves and I can try it again.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
5% HP/s isn't a much as you think it is. Condemn crusaders with holy cause can heal for much more per cast(0.5 GCD on condemn). Monks with transcendence can heal for 32k per clone. Both specs still have problems with being in melee. You just can't outscale the damage lightning enchanted will do. It's a silly mechanic and needs to be toned down.

Also, melee elites that wall themselves off from you.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
There must be a reason why I've yet to be in a group with a Barbarian. Do they just suck now or are they all in T6's?

Like seriously done over 50 Rift runs and have not seen one Barb.
If its HC, the reason is they are all dead.

If its SC, its because they kill faster solo and the only ones playing in groups probably play exclusively with friends/guildies.

All I know is that on HC, I either feel completely worthless (in groups, unless running boring Coldquake) or I feel like the strongest person there (solo or low tier rifts). On high tier rifts I usually chicken out because all it takes it one mistake and I'm instagibbed. Truly YOLO.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can't be making a tank for grifts that doesn't supply strong arm buff to group. Gr8 meta right :p.

Lightning absorb amulet absolutely necessary for end game barb too... unless someone's figured another clever way to deal with that shit.

Then... there'sthis fuckin guy(more/explained) ->twitch.tv/jd_dutch_freak
I have to get one of those amulets cause that affix rips my sader apart. My lightning resists is one of my higher resists but yet I still get owned. The other affix I have trouble with is reflect damage. I usually just have to wait until the shield wears off to kill them fast as possible.

Tenks

5% HP/s isn't a much as you think it is. Condemn crusaders with holy cause can heal for much more per cast(0.5 GCD on condemn). Monks with transcendence can heal for 32k per clone. Both specs still have problems with being in melee. You just can't outscale the damage lightning enchanted will do. It's a silly mechanic and needs to be toned down.

Also, melee elites that wall themselves off from you.
Well I own a 19% physical Xeph Ammy I was using for the build so lightning wasn't a thing. The main issue was getting insta-gibbed before I could really leech enough HP. So I was going to work in that staggered damage gem and see if that made a difference.

Really once I get IK gloves I'm going to run the build again. It was only slightly less efficient compared to Leapquake but wasn't forcing me to run around like a jackass waiting for cooldowns.

Tenks

Can't be making a tank for grifts that doesn't supply strong arm buff to group. Gr8 meta right :p.

Lightning absorb amulet absolutely necessary for end game barb too... unless someone's figured another clever way to deal with that shit.

Then... there'sthis fuckin guy(more/explained) ->twitch.tv/jd_dutch_freak
This seems like an extremely, extremely standard high end barb build is there something I'm missing that he is doing that is unique outside of not having Xeph?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He skips lightning enchants and fire chains. He also saves any conduits with some mobs around and backtracks once he get to 99%. So, no, you're not missing anything. Someone just took compensation for a barb's weaknesses to the lamest extreme.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yep. I thought I read somewhere that they removed those from grifts during 2.1's PTR. I'm still a bit surprised when I come across them. Anybody with half a brain knows that's too random for competitiveness. Not that I care, personally, I'm never going to have the time or want to poopsock up the leaderboards. Just seems dumb from a design perspective.

Tenks

I can't confirm anything but it felt like in GR the pylons had some kind of damage cap that once it hit that cap the buff went away. Maybe I'm just nuts but it felt like if I ran into a dense area the buff did not last very long.

Tenks

Also why do high end barbs universally gear fire damage? If Furious Charge gains all runes can't you slap on any damage type and still get the 1050% buff?

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
In a marathon (for me) session yesterday I got 3,4,5 pieces of Marauders and a RORG, and was able to comfortably go from t2 to t4(easy) or t5(somewhat challenging). I tried a t6 rift, and while I completed it, so much one shotting of me by anything that looked at me wrong.

Aellana - Community - Diablo III

I know I still need to reroll a lot of the enchants to get them the extra couple percents better to maximum. I'd also like to replace a few pieces with better base rolls. Anything glaringly stupid/needs immediate replacement? I don't exactly know where to start with gambling on Kadala now. Yeah, that one ring needs to go, I have a replacement in the stash I just need to get a socket re-roll on.

Thanks

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There were other things everyone thought they fixed for release *cough* *cough* T6 quests without killing anything *cough* At least season leaderboards don't award anything beyond epeen, but it's not very good design. Sadly, if they ever fix that, then people will start complaining about mob types, because A1/2 mobs are generally much easier to kill than A4/5 or certain rift guardians being a punching bags while others are a lot harder. Or when they get around to fixing itemization so fire damage isn't the only way to go in the endgame because it has uniques with 5 primary affixes effectively.

Lost a HC character to random disconnect, not even max level, but just randomly, out of the blue, the servers told me to fuck off. Timely reminder to not bother with that.

Tenks

Force of habit + being able to use maximus to its full potential?
Well the main idea here is to get a Furnace anyways which doesn't really care about the damage type. Is it just that people have the gear remaining from using a Maximus that when they get the Furnace they don't regear for a different damage type? Wouldn't it make more sense to get a Heart Slaughter (+30% physical) compared to a Maximus (+20% fire)? The little summon guy from Max is nice but somewhat unreliable.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
In a marathon (for me) session yesterday I got 3,4,5 pieces of Marauders and a RORG, and was able to comfortably go from t2 to t4(easy) or t5(somewhat challenging). I tried a t6 rift, and while I completed it, so much one shotting of me by anything that looked at me wrong.

Aellana - Community - Diablo III

I know I still need to reroll a lot of the enchants to get them the extra couple percents better to maximum. I'd also like to replace a few pieces with better base rolls. Anything glaringly stupid/needs immediate replacement? I don't exactly know where to start with gambling on Kadala now. Yeah, that one ring needs to go, I have a replacement in the stash I just need to get a socket re-roll on.

Thanks
Get a good bow or 2h xbow. 1h xbow in 6m only comes out slightly ahead when you're using a Calamity and can reach the highest attack speed break point through gear alone. Get your last piece of marauder's, your chest, so you can swap pieces if need be. You want to get + sentry on your shoulders and chest(although don't bother rerolling the chest you're wearing since its not that good even for a garwulf cloak and it takes 50 yellows to reroll chests). You're going to want to drop entangling shot and slot a 3rd hatred spender, regardless you don't want +skills on pants since they are all generators and generators are terrible you can't roll all resist on yours because of the secondary, but even armor or regen would be better there. Likewise get health % on your belt since you can't roll all resist on it. Get better reaper's wraps, ones with crit.

Oh and as far as whats next, rucksack quiver and tasker and theo gloves would be your two next biggest upgrades. I've gambled probably close/over 10k shards with no t&t though, they are stupid rare.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well the main idea here is to get a Furnace anyways which doesn't really care about the damage type. Is it just that people have the gear remaining from using a Maximus that when they get the Furnace they don't regear for a different damage type? Wouldn't it make more sense to get a Heart Slaughter (+30% physical) compared to a Maximus (+20% fire)? The little summon guy from Max is nice but somewhat unreliable.
If you get a Furnace then basically there is no reason you can't go any element. The only argument would be which type of COTA you would use which the fire COTA does quite a bit more damage over the other runes.