Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ah yeah thats a good point. Though don't most super high level Barbs run the COTA rune w/ Raekor's set where you distribute the damage? IIRC that is a physical rune. Not like they'd be doing worthwhile damage to really spec towards them.

Zastlyn

Peasant
If its HC, the reason is they are all dead.
That's my main problem now as well. I've gone through 3-4 different HC barbs and they're all dead
frown.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ah yeah thats a good point. Though don't most super high level Barbs run the COTA rune w/ Raekor's set where you distribute the damage? IIRC that is a physical rune. Not like they'd be doing worthwhile damage to really spec towards them.
Lightning.

That's my main problem now as well. I've gone through 3-4 different HC barbs and they're all dead
frown.png
So many, you can't even remember the exact number. Not sure how you put up with that.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Depends on what difficulty. On HC yeah that is probably the go to for higher difficulty, on SC people use fire COTA for faster clears.

frown.png
Its honestly the only class I enjoy playing, but I prefer SC over HC in Barb's current state. Unfortunately all my friends love their 2-3 lives on their Crusaders/Monks/DHs. Lost my first Barb to instagib electrify. Found that extra life ammy and lost it to molten. Now I have a Xeph ammy and I'm a huge pussy when it comes to molten.

Tenks

There is just something about being a huge burly dude running into a mob of demons flinging them left and right that is infinitely fun to me. I've tried the other classes and none felt nearly as bad ass.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't find any other class nearly as fun as Barb's gameplay
frown.png
It is a curse
Odd, I was watching a Raekor clearing of a high level grift and all I could think was that's some janky shit. Dragging mobs with him, having some get caught on the environment, leave them behind, just seems weird. Charging back and forth inside an elite pack, it's like Rainment 2.0. Not to imply that's an improvement.

Myself, I'm forever ruined by steed. Walking between mobs and fighting trash is zzzzzzz.

Tenks

You'll notice I've tried my best to avoid Raekor's. Furious Charge is not a very fun skill. I'll eventually have to just bite the bullet and use it because it is by far the most optimal build.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Nyxs - Community - Diablo III

So I found this mildly insane Azurewrath sitting in my stash and used a Ramaladnis on it and switched from Arcane to Cold (Ray of Frost) with gear I had lying around in my stash. It's actually pretty potent but I really need a good neck and some other pieces.

The DPS on Ray is actually really fucking strong.

If anyone wants to group for anything on non-season, add me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Christ, if that Twitch video is what end-game barb is then I'm rolling something else right now. How are monks these days?

Zastlyn

Peasant
Unfortunately all my friends love their 2-3 lives on their Crusaders/Monks/DHs. Lost my first Barb to instagib electrify. Found that extra life ammy and lost it to molten. Now I have a Xeph ammy and I'm a huge pussy when it comes to molten.
I'm not exactly sure why Barbs don't have at least a passive does that for them. Even Witch Doctors have one. It really cripples their HC viability it seems.

That's because you're bad.
So god damn bad.
The worst.
No u

khorum

Murder Apologist
Monk endgame is stack CDR and Demon Hunter friends.
Being a demon hunter friend of a swk/flying dragon monk I can tell you that aside from extra health elites and rgs I'm not really sure the monks need us all that much... That shit is fucking beast. In fact it's how I was able to switch to goofing around with my fb6 mage on gr38-41s our monk tank carries our asses. On rgs it's a problem though... Even with 15 sentries up even gimps like orlash takes 5 mins to kill.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gameplay, since that seems to be what turned Ronne off about barbs, is mashing non-animation spenders(mantra and sweeping winds) while maximizing spirit/s and clones from SWK. It's kinda gimmicky, but not nearly as bad as Raekor's.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Zola - Community - Diablo III

Any advice on build and what gear path to take next would be greatly appreciated.
I have 4 pieces of FB, two of vyrs, and two of tal rasha in my stash. Was going to shoot for another piece of FB and try a fire build. Right now I just cast illusions and they cast slow time and black hole on everything then I meteor, Black hole, rinse and repeat. Using lightning for the extra CC. I use the trapped gem because I have tons of CC and the one with the 20% bonus damage after killing elites.

Right now I have pretty good survivability and CC in T4 but my DPS is pretty shit I feel. I'm gonna try T5's groups hoping that my CC and utility make up for my shit DPS and people won't bitch too much.