Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Close to none I'd say, SC2 has been waiting for an expansion much longer and Hearthstone announcement of some sort will also probably happen

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So what is the likelihood of them dropping another expansion announcement this upcoming weekend? I certainly hope they have something announced beyond what they have in store for season 2, or future seasons in general.
Unless the next expansion is Overwatch, they haven't registered a name.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So what is the likelihood of them dropping another expansion announcement this upcoming weekend? I certainly hope they have something announced beyond what they have in store for season 2, or future seasons in general.
I'd prefer a larger free content patch announcement. They made good strides with RoS but D3 is still a pretty big disappointment.

Tenks

New treasure goblins

"Gem Hoarder" -- drops gems. Gems drop similar to gold from the old goblins.

"Odious Collector" -- crafting mats. Drops mats similar to old goblins.

"Blood Thief" -- drops blood shards; yes similar to old goblins.

Some new AI where they try and lure you towards enemies. Better visiblity. Minimap icon per goblin.

Tenks

Adventure Mode changes.

New Legendary gems -- Right now it seems like 3 of all the legendary gems are about 50% of gems used (trapped, powerful, enforcer [I think]).
* Alteration: 30% non-physical dmg reduction @ 25: at 50% hp all ememental resistance up by 75%.
* Gizzard: 50k HP/s. After not taking dmg for 4 sec gain a shield of 200% your HP/s. [Both were at 50]

Variety to rift/grift -- Instead of getting a rift that is a storymode zone they'll now be more randomized. Will be an iterative process not all in one patch.

Changes to Act1's layout to get to artisans quicker

GRift changes -- Pylon changes. Trying to make all Pylons as fun as conduit. Try and get 2-4 pylons per GRift instead of 0-6. Trying to make it so GRifts are less a rift lottery and more how powerful your character is and how well you played.
* 1m for speed pylon. Run thru waller.
* Shield reflects damage. Explode on expire.
* Improved density in low density areas
* RG changes and trying to normalize the difficulty
* Removing really long dead-end areas and long loops
* You can how res at corpse instead there is now a res timer

Tenks

Season 2

PTR soon (tm)

Conquests (the seasonal achievements). Some coming in, others coming out.
- Get level 70
+ Complete a 50m gold streak
+ Collect lore books (yay how fun)
+ Kill bosses or some shit ... dunno I don't care about any of this

You get a bonus transmog of hat and shoulders for level 70 in season 1. More transmogs in season 2. Then you can dress yourself up completely in this transmog for season 3. You're a barbie girl in a barbie world.

New Legendary: (more at panel tomorrow)

+Wormwood. Something about locust swarm being cast automatically.
+ Energy Twister can pull people in.

Ancient Items:

30% better than legendary items. Can drop in torment+.
* Basically just rolls gooderer. Not exactly sure what the point here is other than pissing people off by chasing an even further carrot.

New Zone: Sesheron or something -- Based upon Act5 D2
* Spawns in Act3 -- has bounties
* Heavily trap focused
* New mobiles --
+ Swarmer -- a beetle that fires balls of fire
+ Frost Maggot -- Freeze you on death
+ Glowing Death -- Makes a bunch of sand wasps but more melee focused
+ Rat King -- Burrows at you. Spawns a ton of rats. Also a new RG.

Tenks

+ Act1 new layout
+ Goblins
+ Season 2
+ Ancient Items

Other stuff is beyond 2.1.2

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
New legs.
rrr_img_81600.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Been considering getting back into Diablo3. I never bought the expac and I see I just missed a 50% off sale from like a month ago. I looked around and I can get this game off G2A for $28. Would you guys say it is worth that or should I wait for another sale?

Talinos_sl

shitlord
All of the coming changes are pretty awful.

The game is good for about a week or two after a content patch then becomes ridiculously boring.

After reaching paragon 500+ in season I decided to take a break and really see no reason to go back. The gameplay isn't fun on any level and there's no variety to builds. The only draw to this game is the dopamine trickle with legendary/set item drops, but once you have everything you need there's really no point.

Ancient legendaries are an incredibly lackluster idea. Blows my mind that they can't come up with some original new stuff or at least a strong variety of sets to allow build diversity.

Sad that they have a slide dedicated to one new wizard only legendary and revamped two worthless legendaries. How difficult would it be to revisit ALL of the worthless legendaries (80% of them) and make them useful? ...

The season transmogs look plain stupid as well.

Guess my crusader will continue collecting dust.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Am I doing it wrong, or is the Wizard FB6 build way less effective than the DH M6 build? Feel free to click my profile and see my mediocre gear versions on both characters.
No experience with a properly geared DH to compare with, but with my wizzie FB6 I'm using a rorg to free up the chest slot for a cindercoat. Consider changing to a weapon that adds fire damage, or elite damage, especially elite damage if you have a decent one (I just have crappy sun keepers). Make the +fire damage mace if nothing else. (Axe of Sankis is +fire if you have one and nothing better, and the fight through the pain proc may help you.) If you have FB pants, consider wearing them and wearing an aughilds set in your hat and bracer slot (once you have a rorg). Alternately you could keep the FB hat, and wear hexing pants and strongarm bracers, since black hole counts as knockback for the bracers and its easy to keep moving with a blizzard build for the pants. Consider dropping hydra for slow time. If you have the parts and the inclination, consider gambling on a hellfire amulet, but only when you dont have anything else to tweak really.

I've taken my cues from a guy named Van who does the FB6 wizzie very well (I'm working towards emulating him as my gear allows), so you can check his profile if you want to look at someone better at FB6 than me.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The changes seem very -meh-, instead of adding variety and balancing what is already there, they just pull out a new level of items with +gooderer ...