Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Needless

Toe Sucker
They will, they seem to realize now that the game becomes a lot funner with legendary affixs like those as it can entirely change the build you use.

Wizards are getting a set that makes time warp very good, crusaders get a belt that casts bombardment every 4-6 seconds or something, which can synergize with "the mortal drama" shooting 2 etc. I really hope the rest of the new legendaries and the changes to current ones are really good this time around.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey, remember how players loved the monk paradigm of spamming generators and ignoring spirit spenders? Let's do that again.
That actually IS my preferred monk style, the problem is that's not really what the current or future Raiment set does exactly, although that's a vast improvement I guess. The main problem is that's the only viable playstyle monks have had the whole time aside from a couple weird outliers. They should leave that in for people like me and put in ways for people to use the other 70% of monk skills.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How is the new Raiment not exactly that? Any spirit spender is a dps loss because each generator attack is worth 1/3 of 3000%. And that's ignoring spenders resetting the 3 hit animation.

The monk changes looked promising at first but after some investigation, kinda meh. The new SWK has a 2s ICD on clones, so only tight packs and bosses are going to reliably receive that spender dps increase. New Raiment might have been fun if using DS as a dps move wasn't so janky.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
datamined 2.1.2 patch_sl said:
Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do and deal 100% increased damage.
Night Stalker Your primary skills generate an additional 4 Hatred. (reworked from Critical Hits have a chance to restore 1 Discipline)
Smoke Screen : Cooldown is now 3 seconds (up from 2).
There's other DH changes here, just thought I'd post the ones that do some serious damage to the current top end DH builds. Hope that new set is awesome...

PTR Patch 2.1.2 datamined - News - Diablo Fans

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Will play last season before new xpac.... maybe new xpac

glhf Blizzard figuring... something out I don't know

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think Blizzard's reasoning was that the standard M6, usually called frostfire, was too passive. Lay down sentries and run around. The slow ball M6 build was not passive at all. I liked it, maybe requiring too much activity, and it was especially unforgiving on refreshing smoke screen.

Don't know how this new paradigm of requiring classes to use generators and/or spenders is going to mesh with how punishing high grifts are and DH's paper defenses.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Oh great, after I kill my wrist finally getting a decent (but not great) tasker and theo they make them worthless. I get it-- DHs were dog shit for 2 years and now Blizzard decides to put them back where they belong after a 4 month run of not being shitty. Not surprised in the least; typical of them to vaporize a build instead of toning it down.

Looks like it's pony time

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Official patch notes for 2.1.2 are up:

2.1.2 PTR Patch Notes, PTR is Now Live! - News - Diablo Fans

some highlights_sl said:
Anarch
Maximum dash range has been reduced
Now has a short dash that will be used at close range
Corrupted Angel
Maximum dash range has been reduced
Unholy Shield has been removed
Punisher
Maximum leap range has been reduced
Stun duration has been reduced
Good, fuck those mobs.

I still hate the concept of seasons but I have the itch to play a seasonal monk. Maybe it's just gimmicky, but spreading exploding palm on explosion seems like it would be a cool build for higher grifts. Especially abusing spirit or burning runes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It would be entertaining I'm sure. KERSPLOSIONS. I did a monk for Season 1 so not entirely sure I want to again for season 2.

Edit: They really need better wording on a lot of their shit. Does the new Sunwuko effect ((4) Set Bonus: Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% more damage from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds) make those abilities do 5 times their normal damage, or just do 500% extra weapon damage? The former could be great, the latter is garbage.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Likely the former. The question is how that damage increase is added to other increases like skill increases on gear and mantras.

I take back the burning essence rune being 'abusable'. The impending doom would be more straight up damage than burning essense. Fist/Rimeheart would work better with Gungdo Gear too.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The new Broken Crown legendary trait looks like their "solution" to needing specific gems. I guess it'll do the job, if you can get away with wearing it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking something like this for a new season 2 monk:

Monk - Game Guide - Diablo III

Wearing Frostburns, Gungdo Gear, SWK and Inna 4pc, Crudest Boots, Fist of Az, and Rimeheart. I've never used Frostburns before, is it safe to assume if a skill does cold damage, it can proc Frostburn's freeze? Or does it need to do cold damage and specify that it chills/slows?

I might try out a lightning monk with the new Raiment, but ping pong gameplay still looks tedious. The forums are talking up Cindercoat, SWK, Essence Torch(50% off bell cost), and that spirit stone that lets you cast bells at your cursor. I'm not totally convinced about that build from a survivability standpoint, seems like you're taking a monk and making him a DH with that build. Also, the spread of the clone debuff probably won't match the spread of fire bells, so half the mobs will die before others(which might not be a problem, just drag them on to the next pack).

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Tried DH on ptr and damn they're fun.

Fire, cold and physical work - didn't try lightning.

I want to try Kridershot, see if firing free elemental arrows makes the sentries proc. M2 marauder gives +40% dmg bonus per sentry active for generators and the skills that m6 sentries work with. M6 marauder get +100% dmg for sentries (as well as firing hatred spenders when you do).

I was getting 200m crits on cluster arrow without and +CA skill. Could be good times.