Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think that the new Raiment of 1000 storms has some serious kickass potential with all of the generator-only synergies. Someone check my maths pls

Alacrity passive is +15% ias (pretty straightforward)

Simplicty Gem increases damage of generators by 25% (this works like other +skill mods right? So X*1.25 where X = generator weapon damage percentage?). Not sure what the increase is per rank, but the rank 25 bonus is 2% of your max hp life-on-hit

New Raiment set bonus: generators have increased attack speed by 25% and increased dmg by 500% (based on the wording does this mean X + 500% where X = generator weapon damage percentage? So for example, does this change Fist of Thunder from 200% -> 200% -> 400% to 700% -> 700% -> 900%?)

Depth Diggers increase damage of generators by 100% (X+100%?)

Even without consideration of the attack speed mods this looks pretty good on paper. Using Fist of Thunder again as an example it would be 200% (base) + 30% (belt[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */%) + 50% (Simplicity Gem Rank 1) +500% (Raiment bonus) +100% (Depth Digger) = 880% for the first two parts, right? Similarly, the third part would be 1,160% (thereby making the combo 880% -> 880% -> 1,160%).

Do Depth diggers add to the base that is modified by +skill affixes (i.e. [200+500+100]*[15% + 25%]?) If so, I imagine the raiment set bonus would too since it is worded the same way. That would mean the combo would be 1,120% -> 1,120% -> 1,400%. So that plus being able to spam 5000% dashing strikes sounds fun as shit. I imagine the additional dmg from rune effects would be modified too but I am not going to do the maths on those right now. Someone please check my math.

An ancient Flying Dragon would probably be the ideal weapon, but Staff of Kyro might have interesting results. Duel wielding might work as well since there will be copious amounts of attack speed that jive well with the changes to SoH's proc. Skill setup would be something likethis
The new sunwuko 4pc and marauder 6pc kinda broke new ground on this matter. A lot of people feared the set bonuses would stack with other bonuses(sometimes referred to as DIBS or category A). But that was not the case. Both are in a category of their own, so it might be safe to assume that the 2pc from this is multiplicative. If so, the math would be

(FoT base damage) * (2pc raiment) * (Depth Diggers + Simplicity + Skill Bonuses + BoTP + Taeguk + MoC + etc...)

Depth diggers and simplicity most definitely add to the base that is modified by skill affixes. You can equip either of them and check the details tab to verify.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's the gear I got for my fire monk for the LTK build:

FireZev (Xevron#1846) :: DiabloProgress - Diablo 3 Rankings

That's all the gear I had in stash or gambled in 2 days. Not too shabby. 20th elemental elite dmg monk in the Americas. Too bad that means jack shit.

Here's a few things I've learned:

The fireball from the GNK appears to not scale with elemental damage anymore. Fucking stupid. My 700% damage fireball was critting for 16million at 1million damage and +70% fire damage and +30ish elite damage. It used to scale, but I guess they changed that?

Hats a-plentiful! I have an Andy's on right now, but I think a spirit generating helm will probably be better. I have a 4 second socketed crit Kegeki's I might use. Obviously Inna's helm for 4 piece may be the best candidate because of the free mantras (which I badly need as all my resists are 600-800 ish)

Furnace may be the best option over my ancient Sankris and Ancient Devastator. I was sitting at like 40% crit and 490% crit damage with the 1handers, but I'd be at 93ish % fire damage before a fire SoJ. Furnace is higher net until I can get an ancient sunkeeper. Kinda bummed DW still isn't as good. Also furnace allows for same damage and slower cast which hurts my spirit regen less.

With that gear and brand new gems (only 20 taeguk) my LTK hits for 160m+ on whites and near 300m on elites. That's what my other torch monks pillars are hitting for before the lightning shocks. My LTK is about ~36 spirit and my WoL is about the exact same. I will say allowing the fire stacking on more items means that my SWK clones are hitting for 40m-50m instead of 20-30m from my other build which only has about 40% lightning.

Overall I think they both work. I'd really like to use the Sankris for the proc to help stay alive. Doing damage is about on par with gear, but right now my fire guy is squishier. Both play types are 'sit back and throw shit at things off screen' which is awful. That's not what monks are. They need a +100% defensive stats while using a generator set or item so monks can GET ALL UP IN THERE. We're not fucking sorcs or DH's, we're monks. We need to be up front kicking ass. Hopefully the new raiment will make that slightly better though we'll still explode in 45+ GR's.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nvm on playing PTR I guess, every chest/rare drops a legendary due to the buff for easier testing so yeah kinda boring. There's a few things that weren't in patch notes, for example a belt that drops caltrops on vault(meh). There's probably enough stuff to do a basic based build too, especially DH I think with like either Bolas or Hungering Arrow not sure. Hungering with aoe on crit and the pierce % leg+buriza, depth digger, the new combo of rings and the new set sounds pretty cool. New Natalia sounds pretty decent but not sure a permanent 800%buffed rain of vengeance is still as much dmg as 5 sentries casting your spenders, I wanna say probably not. Good for a strafe speed clear build though, but that's not gonna cut it in high grifts.

Maybe they should look at rebalancing torments again, or maybe adding more. T6 is kinda way too easy now and Grifts are nice for difficulty but it feels weird to farm if you're not trying for highest possible and stuff.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah kinda wish they would add torments 7-10 or something, or do something about Grift trials as I can't stand it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They need to do something about Arcane Dust. People end up with hundreds of souls, thousands of white/yellow mats, and NO FUCKING DUST. It's the absolute worst to farm too.

The Master

Bronze Squire
They need to do something about Arcane Dust. People end up with hundreds of souls, thousands of white/yellow mats, and NO FUCKING DUST. It's the absolute worst to farm too.
I pick up blues during rift runs and don't have this problem actually. I am constantly short on parts if anything.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I pick up blues during rift runs and don't have this problem actually. I am constantly short on parts if anything.
I pick up every blue and go out of my way to open chests in every rift I do. The difference between dust and parts is that you can go farm a few thousand parts in an evening if you really wanted to, while you might have a few hundred parts in the same amount of time. Trying to make an ancient Arcane Barb has blown through all the dust I picked up since RoS release and then some. Closing in on 100 combines now and the best one I've made would only have 2997.8 dps if I used a gift on it, and it doesn't have any RCR at all. Which is garbage that isn't even worth thinking about wasting a gift on.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
They were originally going to be part of the season I think, but got delayed. So it's anybodies' guess.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I pick up every blue and go out of my way to open chests in every rift I do. The difference between dust and parts is that you can go farm a few thousand parts in an evening if you really wanted to, while you might have a few hundred parts in the same amount of time. Trying to make an ancient Arcane Barb has blown through all the dust I picked up since RoS release and then some. Closing in on 100 combines now and the best one I've made would only have 2997.8 dps if I used a gift on it, and it doesn't have any RCR at all. Which is garbage that isn't even worth thinking about wasting a gift on.
I got a 3400 ancient Etrayu in my 2nd rift on PTR, sad I won't get to use it though ^^.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does this game run like absolutely shit for anyone else? I'm on a 980gtx/i7-960 and I cannot get it hold 60fps in multiplayer even on minimum settings. Is there some random config file or something I'm not aware of or?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does this game run like absolutely shit for anyone else? I'm on a 980gtx/i7-960 and I cannot get it hold 60fps in multiplayer even on minimum settings. Is there some random config file or something I'm not aware of or?
If you're on PTR, it runs like shit. On live it runs fine for me, though I do have it installed on a SSD as it was crappy on an old HDD. I have a bunch of stuff like shadows at low though, not everything to the max cause I really don't care much about it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Vanilla D3 ran like crap without SSD, RoS fixed most of that, I can play it relatively stutter free on low settings on 4 year old laptop with 5400 rpm HDD. I know vanilla had some problems with shadows where you could change it by going into some config files and then you had like a black rectangles in place of all the shadows, but it ran a bit better.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think their game just sucks. FPS always drops way down in multiplayer games for me, even after I upgraded both my CPU and GPU. Just can't handle all the DH/Wiz/WD spam!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I can't figure anything besides the game is just a turd. I've been on an ssd since forever, can play Metro: Last Light at 1440p, Farcry4 at 1440p etc, but D3 just chugs the second i join a party. It's annoying as shit.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yea I can't figure anything besides the game is just a turd. I've been on an ssd since forever, can play Metro: Last Light at 1440p, Farcry4 at 1440p etc, but D3 just chugs the second i join a party. It's annoying as shit.
The more I think about it, the more I think it's related to the network code. Heroes of the Storm is fucking terrible at the moment, and any form of network spike causes in game frame loss, as in, the game slows down to "keep up" with the network traffic. This causes frequent pausing and stuttering. I'm willing to bet both games run the same network layer or something.

D3 was shitastic at launch, and with the launch of RoS (and aussie servers) I had very little stutter. It's still there though in bigger fights, and more players.

The worst I ever had it was on the Bridge of Korsik, crossing that was a fucking slideshow, while a friend of mine never had any problems at all. Seems much better these days, but I still actively avoid that area.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Is d# just fine solo? If so yeah it's a network thing. I had the issue in WoW where once anyone around me started fighting I would get serious lag just because it was hitting my combat log when I was on a shitty connection a few times. Extreme situation but when I was in Iraq and being carried in a raid the boss pull would instantly DC me from all that information it was like a DDOS and then I would wait until the boss was dead and log on and loot.