Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pro tip: Check different Torment levels for better queue times as they're on different servers. And if you're just doing greater rifts Torment level doesn't even matter~

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't played since the xpac and even then I didn't play much. How do seasons work in this game? If I wanted to come back and play a new character should I just wait?

Edit:
Nevermind seasons are ladders derp.

Should iI just wait?

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played since the xpac and even then I didn't play much. How do seasons work in this game? If I wanted to come back and play a new character should I just wait?

Edit:
Nevermind seasons are ladders derp.

Should iI just wait?
Don't do it. I think next patch will give some life but not much.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, I would say you might as well wait. You'll get more bang for your time-buck if you start up in a month from now or whenever the new season actually hits. I doubt you'd want to play the new season if you started now, even though you could easily get your D3 fix in between now and when the season starts.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Just watch one of the streamers rip through 1000 paragon levels in 2 days and come play DDO instead.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I'm pretty much just playing PTR till the patch. If only because the 2000% legendary drop buff actually gives you a fair shot at trying all the builds.

Been able to to bypass that wait timer pretty frequently , to where i log in after a 30 second wait. Just keep leaving queue/rejoining till it wont let you leave and then you are locked in to where your game will start very shortly after not being able to leave the queue.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Season 4 up on PTR, essentially no wait time.

Got to 70, lucked out and found a puzzle ring at low level.
(You can cube it and open a portal to the treasure realm). I did that, just after I managed to gamble the double gem helm, so now I gots my golds and gots my gems.
New type of shrine: bandit shrine. Hit it and it spits out a bunch of goblins!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah the bandit shrine was in the ptr before s4 too, was dope.

They buffed the spider set for WD in s4 apparently (also buffed the 6p bonus for the new helltooth set) but last I played it was still the old effects. Is that only for seasonal versions of the arachyr/helltooth set?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the bandit shrine was in the ptr before s4 too, was dope.

They buffed the spider set for WD in s4 apparently (also buffed the 6p bonus for the new helltooth set) but last I played it was still the old effects. Is that only for seasonal versions of the arachyr/helltooth set?
Probably. When I played my WD on the PTR the helltooth set was awesome with the 3x cast circle o' death. Made a pretty fun build out of cold damage with a rimehart / frostburn aura steal and in-geom so I could cast those cold based circle of deaths almost as often as I wanted.

Could be a lot of fun with better rolls than I had on the crap gear.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ah yeah I got to play around with helltooth a bit. Definitely great that they made HoTS's version of the zombiewall a thing. But I was talking about themore recent PTR changes to those two sets:

Blue_sl said:
Spirit of Arachyr
6pc bonus
Creature skills now include Locust Swarm.
Damage bonus has been increased from 500% to 800%.

These adjustments along with the Firebats changes above should sum to meaningful improvements to the build.

Helltooth Harness
2pc bonus
Grasp of the Dead now also applies Necrosis.
Necrosis now increases damage taken from all sources by 15% but the damage over time has been reduced to 1000% per second. This shifts some of the damage off relying on Wall of Death hitting as well as provides some group benefit.
6pc bonus
The damage bonus has been moved from requiring Necrosis on the enemy to be a self-buff on you. The bonus currently reads "After casting Wall of Death, you gain 300% increased damage to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death for 10 seconds. This effect stacks up to 3 times." Casting Wall of Death refreshes the duration of all existing stacks of this buff on you.
I was only able to play a little PTR since S4 but locust swarm wasn't updated as of Tuesday night. I really dig that exploding chicken build and I was using swarm with it even before they announced those changes. The upcoming new weapons are prolly seasons-only tho:

blue_sl said:
1H Spear
Reduces the Mana cost of Zombie Charger by 30-40%.
Rolls with +25-30% Zombie Charger damage.

2H Staff
Acid Cloud gains the effect of the Lob Blob Bomb rune.
Rolls with +30-40% Acid Cloud damage.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If anyone if playing S4 on PTR and wants a partner, #McFly1102 I'm playing a monk this time around and could use the loot share. Presently 70(19)

Needless

Toe Sucker
they made helltooth viable? i saw the set changes but couldn't tell if it was worth using even after the changes lol

khorum

Murder Apologist
I only tried it up to gr 52ish, it's clunky and I'm not sure if I had the optimal build (physical and firebats) but it was definitely workable.

Bear in mind that the cube makes a lot of oddball shit viable. I stacked cdr and slotted a kukri and the fetish belt so i had fetishes bodyblocking and 3+ zombie rings up every time.

They're buffing it on PTR to do even more damage since which is good but that change to putting the buff on the player instead of a debuff on the mobs is huge. There are a lot of situations where you can't catch the mobs in the rings and you're pretty much SOL if you tried it in one of the narrow corridor maps with lots of shit that float off-map.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone have PS4 edition comment on local multiplayer? If I have PSN/PS+ I should be able to have someone else who comes to play make a PSN account and play/save chars as long as it's on the same console?

I'd probably buy gauntlet first but... the world's simplest arcade hack'n'slash game apparently takes too long and isn't out yet.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So picked it up for 30. I think I like the PS4 version a lot better. Some control choices are questionable like using hat switch clock control for gear instead of D pad. Some options are oddly missing like no way to permanently toggle on "compare" in the inventory screen.

Overall though I couldn't help but laugh when the GF, having never experienced D2 finally said: "fuck these pygmy pieces of shit".