Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
PTR was wiped today, buff is gone too
frown.png

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is supposed to be 2 weeks notice between seasons, right? S3 started a week into April or so. 4 months means S4 should start a week into August. S4 announcement should be coming within a week.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they purposefully made that video using a skill(leap) and a rune(Volcanic Eruption for WW) that nobody uses anymore.

S4 in August *feels* optimistic. If you had asked me before this second PTR patch, I would say September. But relatively little was changed, which makes me think later August is still possible.

I'm disappointed that their fix for Falling Sword's unbearably long animation is to just up the damage bonus on the 6pc. You're in the air so damn long, who cares how much damage, your target has moved. The AI thinks you're still location you leaped from until you land, so they're going to move. Their hacky fix for this? S4 belt. So a 6 piece set requires FOUR extra items just to fully function. Oh well, chasing goblins with hammers wasn't that fun anyway.

Been tooling around with my WW barb on the PTR, this is the best I came up with:

Barbarian - Game Guide - Diablo III

I was originally aiming for 100% WoTB, CoTA, and IP but the Zodiac procs and CDR required were just too high. Note, Leoric's Helm as a Cubed affix is broken in some manner. It's either not displaying the extra CDR or it's not applying at all. But that was the only meaningful piece of CDR I was missing beyond maybe an uber rolled 5 affix amulet.

Ground Stomp with Zodiac and ~50% CDR works really well at clumping up monsters(key for abusing area damage), making sure IP is always available(I only hit it when Relentless procs or 100% on bosses) and keeping WoTB on cooldown. Reactionary gameplay is much more fun than just keeping three skills always on cooldown.

There's some flexibility in the build. I think Bloodshed and ITF are about equal, and the new StP rune, while disappointing in regards to globe abuse, does provide a fair amount of crowd-scaling healing, like Blood Funnel. Note, crowd-scaling healing is really hard to find in this game. Ground Stomp can be changed for another short-duration CD. Maybe the new rune on Demo Shout if you're grouping.

The only thing I don't like is Rend. Just really doesn't seem to do much damage. Ground Stomp mostly negates to risk to applying Rend, but I still wish there was something more immediately effective to put in that slot. I don't want another CD, like War Cry, that's going to hoover Zodiac procs meaninglessly. Ideas?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah so I made a Monk last night on the frsshly wiped PTR and got him to 70 (12). Go me!

This morning I wanted to copy over my Live toons. Yeah DON'T do that. It deleted my newly created monk.

TIL copy toons first.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So thinking of getting back into this with the new patch, is the rerolled guild still going? what is the current wizard hotness, as that is my main. I am still using Firebirds from when it was king.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think Firebirds is changing in the 2.3 patch, and not sure the new stuff is going to really displace it, although it looks fun. If you aren't interested in waiting for the new season / patch then you can probably hop right back in with that

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the mods to Tal Rasha's made it the go-to for high end wizards in S3. I didn't play one, so I'm not positive.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seasonal leaderboards, which aren't corrupted by things like pre-nerf Raekor hijinks, are always your best bet for determining the best gear setup.

Wizard Greater Rift - Rankings - Diablo III

Even better, leaderboards this next patch will snapshot the player's gear and build when a new ranking is achieved so you can know exactly what they used instead of maybe what what they logged out with a month later.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Cool, are Grifts still best place to farm gear? I have a ton of keystones and a lot of rift fragments, whats the best path to getting gear fast. Also I asked for an invite back to rerolled guild, hoping someone can let me in.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Cool, are Grifts still best place to farm gear? I have a ton of keystones and a lot of rift fragments, whats the best path to getting gear fast. Also I asked for an invite back to rerolled guild, hoping someone can let me in.
Really fast high level grifts are probably still optimal, but you're gonna be running A LOT of t7-t8 bounties to farm the cube mats for upgrading yellows or rerolling legendaries. T9-T10 if you can roll as a group split.

They did a very good job making the cube mats a desirable vector for farming legendaries. Basically you get about 8-10 of each mat from each act's cache (double caches if its the bonus act) and you need 5 of each mat to reroll any legendary (with a chance to turn it ancient). And you also use the cube mats to turn any yellow item into a random legendary of that type. So if you were farming for WoH or strikers you will find yourself saving yellow wands and farming the cube mats.

Even if you were in a bigdick GR70+ group doing 10min clears, the cube is probably still better when shooting for specific items and ancient versions of items.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Seasonal leaderboards, which aren't corrupted by things like pre-nerf Raekor hijinks, are always your best bet for determining the best gear setup.

Wizard Greater Rift - Rankings - Diablo III

Even better, leaderboards this next patch will snapshot the player's gear and build when a new ranking is achieved so you can know exactly what they used instead of maybe what what they logged out with a month later.
never understood why they didn't do this in the first place.. nothing like some dude hitting rank 1 in rifts then takes off all his shit so you cant see what build/gear they used lol

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Really fast high level grifts are probably still optimal, but you're gonna be running A LOT of t7-t8 bounties to farm the cube mats for upgrading yellows or rerolling legendaries. T9-T10 if you can roll as a group split.

They did a very good job making the cube mats a desirable vector for farming legendaries. Basically you get about 8-10 of each mat from each act's cache (double caches if its the bonus act) and you need 5 of each mat to reroll any legendary (with a chance to turn it ancient). And you also use the cube mats to turn any yellow item into a random legendary of that type. So if you were farming for WoH or strikers you will find yourself saving yellow wands and farming the cube mats.

Even if you were in a bigdick GR70+ group doing 10min clears, the cube is probably still better when shooting for specific items and ancient versions of items.
Jesus this sounds glorious.

I should really not let myself get pulled back into this game though. It's just epic time sink

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Everything in life is a time sink. But playing Diablo is a pretty fun way to waste time.
I'm currently occupied in the other Blizzard time sinks of HoTS and Hearthstone, and Overwatch when that happens. I don't know that I can take more D3! Plus I would end up playing solo all the time which is boring as fuck

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm currently occupied in the other Blizzard time sinks of HoTS and Hearthstone, and Overwatch when that happens. I don't know that I can take more D3! Plus I would end up playing solo all the time which is boring as fuck
True about playing solo. My roommate and I play together so it's tolerable each new season.

Each new season in the Rerolled clan there is enough players online for the first 4 weeks, then in weeks 6+ it stabilizes to 8-15 players. 8 weeks in it gets pretty lonely.

I have been playing consistently in S3 and will be doing it again in S4, you're welcome to friend me @McFly#1102 Me and my friends don't give a shit about who we play with.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
True about playing solo. My roommate and I play together so it's tolerable each new season.

Each new season in the Rerolled clan there is enough players online for the first 4 weeks, then in weeks 6+ it stabilizes to 8-15 players. 8 weeks in it gets pretty lonely.

I have been playing consistently in S3 and will be doing it again in S4, you're welcome to friend me @McFly#1102 Me and my friends don't give a shit about who we play with.
Half of my problem is the hours I would play, which would be late nights early mornings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I played D3 solo 99% of the time. I actually enjoy the experience more since I can just do my own thing at my own pace.