Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Crusader builds are pretty boring so far. The seeker set is a huge spike in damage at 4pc nd giant at 6pc. Stcuk at 2 pieces right now any grinding rifts is slow. Mob packs are fast but single target dps is dreadful.

Gonna give it another go tonight and see if I can get some drops. If not, maybe try another class or go back to wizard.

I did get a weapon that makes blessed shield free to cast. Seems like I can't get anything to work with it.

Also got a blade of prophecy. I have no idea what good this weapon is for.
Yeah that's why I tested Crusader before S4 started and then decided I'm not touching the class. It's one of the few classes that doesn't have ANY good 2pc bonus. On top of that, the base power level of the class is quite frankly shit. Like my WD at 70 with a 70 weapon and a mix of 61 to 68 yellow armor was clearing T1 rifts relatively quickly, but as a Crusader, you clear shit slow even on fucking master until you get some ele% gear and your crit%/critdmg up and all that shit. And then on the WD, if you get 2pc Arachyr or 2pc Helltooth, you're straight ready for T3, T4 if you also dropped any legendary weapon. And that's true for most classes really, though some only have 1set with 2pc that's a huge jump. And then on top of that even once you start getting gear, you still have the shittiest mobility, which means you always farm slower than other classes regardless. The class just feels really unpolished and it's kinda surprising that Blizzard hasn't done shit since it's most likely the least played class. Then again that's maybe why they haven't done shit.

Blade of Prophecy was good for Akkan build iirc, you use the reset rune and just run around spamming it while doing super high damage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just dropped dogs, as I didn't feel I was benefiting much from them. Leeching is based on LoH, so I can't see it being that useful. I am farming t6 but had to pick up spirit vessel and walk. I just got 4 pc helltooth before logging last night so going to rework my build.

Would any higher end WDs be able to take a look? Without 6 pc I feel like I have to keep the pets. The passives arent my norm, I changed them last night before logging.

Fockem - Community - Diablo III
With 4pc helltooth you won't need the pets anymore, you're pretty tanky as long as you fire wall every 15secs at least(and you definitely should). Also gamble for bracers to get jeram bracers, it's a huge damage boost. Then again I guess you might want to gamble for 6pc helltooth instead, gamble chest/legs first, helm is annoying since there's a ton of stuff on that slot. Don't use explosive beast on zombies, use bears, they're a bit annoying to use at times, but they do a lot more damage since there's 3 bears per cast. If you need to be even tankier, get Harvest Soul - Languish, it adds 15% int so that's a nice dmg boost as well as some all resist and it gives 30% armor too, so it makes you quite a lot tankier and adds dmg, much better than garg or fetish without a SMK. Drop swampland attunement, get jungle fortitude if you feel you need to tank, swampland is terrible unless you have high density of stuff that doesn't die quick(high GRs) and you need a good amount of globe range to even get any benefit from it unless you're hugging the mobs.

Oh and start gearing your templar, even int gear isn't too bad, he won't do shit for damage but the important part are the skills, they're a lot better than the enchantress stuff, for the most part. The life regen and emergency heals are really good, and he actually tanks stuff for you too quite often.

Overall I feel you put too much emphasis on survivability and not enough on damage. Maybe you're play on a torment level higher than you should, but you shouldn't really need that much stuff. Also for efficiency for example a passive like Fierce Loyalty or the speed from Harvest Souls Soul to Waste do a lot more for you, movespeed is easily one of the most important stat. Even Grave Injustice to reset your spiritwalk every pack.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Starting to push Grifts with my barb. Got a slow start to the season. Figured I would be rifting with HotA but I'm enjoying the seismic slam build more than I thought I would.

Numbers are becoming inflated pretty quick. Already doing 3-5 billion hits solo and 5-8 billion damage hits in a group. Probably won't be addressed but its interesting they let WoW do that, toned it back a bit, and now are letting D3 do it too.
They even said they have no plans to stat squish in D3

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I went from 1-70 and paragon 100 last night thanks a ton to Janx and exile for that.

Doing T1 for now with my hodgepodge of gear on my WD.

What is the way to get lots of white mats? That is my lowest so far, blues and yellows just happen but I see very little reusable parts or even white items dropping.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Is there still a rerolled guild ? i just came back and started a demon hunter on seasons would be cool to have people to chat with/play with. IGN is Nulolan#1973.
Guild message says it's been opened to the public so you should be able to search for it and join. Quite a lot of people playing atm.

Tenks

Oh yeah and thanks for the tip on abusing +XP% in GR's. I was grinding out GR34 last night with Ruby + Leoric Hat + Leoric Ring and went from under p100 to ~p200 in just one day.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My cursader can't even kill treasure goblins before they get away. Sad times.

I see the potential for this class but the only thing that's keeping me from playing it is that the mobility is fucking low as shit unless you spam horse, but even then you're not doing damage. I saw on reddit that they are reviewing all the sets and have already made changes internally.

How slow are smaller patches for Blizzard in D3? Like really fucking slow as in months? or slowish in weeks?

Tenks

I can't recall them doing a minor incremental patch. They generally happen in big dumps like this. But they really do need to fix up some sets. Each class has at least one complete garbage set.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cannot get an In-Geom at all it seems like. Don't think I've ever seen one drop even before 2.3 come to think of it. I've turned roughly 50 rare swords to legendary and spent a few thousand blood shards looking for one. The worst part is, I really need two - one to use for a build and one to cube for another build >.<

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My cursader can't even kill treasure goblins before they get away. Sad times.

I see the potential for this class but the only thing that's keeping me from playing it is that the mobility is fucking low as shit unless you spam horse, but even then you're not doing damage. I saw on reddit that they are reviewing all the sets and have already made changes internally.

How slow are smaller patches for Blizzard in D3? Like really fucking slow as in months? or slowish in weeks?
Chasing goblins is how I remind myself to not to take the hammer set seriously even though I like the gameplay somewhat. Though, now that I've deemed WW boring, I'll probably find hammers the same way.

Iron Skin with Flash or Steed is how you get your mobility with that set. Crusaders aren't really known for their mobility.

They aren't reviewing ALL sets, they are reviewing all sets that haven't had an update in a while. Hammers isn't getting reviewed again for at least a couple patches.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why? Has to be a level 70 leggy to work in the cube?
Right, it just spits out L70 legendaries.

L31 WD trying to get Furnace without getting sledges and other trash:
GhWyvxA.jpg

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I went from 1-70 and paragon 100 last night thanks a ton to Janx and exile for that.

Doing T1 for now with my hodgepodge of gear on my WD.

What is the way to get lots of white mats? That is my lowest so far, blues and yellows just happen but I see very little reusable parts or even white items dropping.
I was there too!!

I really appreciate the help. I have 6 piece Wastes and Immortal King now and I'm going to try and conjure up a Gavel to mess with a HotA build.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I'm out of arcane dust already and I've only been playing like 3 days in 2.3... is there any better way to get that shit now than doing the scoundrel's brother quest over and over?

Tenks

You can convert the mat types now. So if you're swimming in yellow just move them over to blues with the cube.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Right, it just spits out L70 legendaries.

L31 WD trying to get Furnace without getting sledges and other trash:
GhWyvxA.jpg
Ah I see, didn't know it worked like that, guess that makes sense. Oh well. And yeah for the mats, the cube has a recipe to convert 100 of one type into another with 1death breath and 1 item(item quality is the items you're converting to, you can just buy vendor blues to get blue mats for example).

Leveling on hard feels so slow, but don't really want to bump difficulty on hardcore. Powerleveling channel is only people asking for powerlvling and none offering on HC too.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ah I see, didn't know it worked like that, guess that makes sense. Oh well. And yeah for the mats, the cube has a recipe to convert 100 of one type into another with 1death breath and 1 item(item quality is the items you're converting to, you can just buy vendor blues to get blue mats for example).
So is this the best way to get white parts also?

Tenks

White mats are pretty easy to farm. Just go into Halls of Agony 2 in Act1 and there are a fuckton of weapon racks. They drop white items.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a point for weapons to have an elemental damage type, or is it just flavor? There are perks with buff elemental dmg "skills", but those won't buff a weapons base dmg type, right?

I'm kinda at a loss on how to continue building my Monk. I have all the items needed for a SSS build, except for the 60%cdr staff, and the Gungdo bracer I got has bad rolls. I also have a full of Inna's gear (aside from the weapon), but using the 2pc bonus with other gear seems better than going with 4/6. Current setup is:
Ishemi

I had been using the 2pc bonus from Uliana, Raiment, and Monkey King, but the 2pc MK bonus performed badly in that the clone is summoned would usually appear far away from any mobs...so its explosion was wasted. So I replaced those pieces with the Crudest Boots and a Hellfire amulet. I'm easily clearing T7 / GR30 now making things blow up, but Arcane beams and those exploding fatties are my nemesis. My single target dmg seems a bit low vs bosses, even if I use a lvl25 BotS, so I swapped that out for higher base dmg from generators.

Anyone know how the +300%dmg to generator bonus from the 2pc Raiment set works? It doesn't show up on the details sheet like all the other generator buffs (Increase skill X by %, or the perk from Depth Diggers), my detail sheet shows Crippling Wave dmg increased by 159%, does the extra 300%dmg from the Raiment set just get applied on hits?