Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a dirty console player, and while waiting on Nioh to come, I picked this back up to work towards my plat. One of the key trophies is getting all the characters to 70. Completed the witchdoctor. Holy crap at how slow cooked they are as a class. It was painful at first, but by the time I hit 70, I was having a blast. Now my only one left is the Barb. I don't know what it is about that class, but I just absolutely hate it. I'm at level 58 and hoping to slog through to 70. May just have my son fire up his 70 wizard and just drag my ass across the finish line. It's been a while since I've played though, and I've noticed they expanded the cube and added another 3 levels of torment. I may have to pick this back up again after I get through my February purchases.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a dirty console player, and while waiting on Nioh to come, I picked this back up to work towards my plat. One of the key trophies is getting all the characters to 70. Completed the witchdoctor. Holy crap at how slow cooked they are as a class. It was painful at first, but by the time I hit 70, I was having a blast. Now my only one left is the Barb. I don't know what it is about that class, but I just absolutely hate it. I'm at level 58 and hoping to slog through to 70. May just have my son fire up his 70 wizard and just drag my ass across the finish line. It's been a while since I've played though, and I've noticed they expanded the cube and added another 3 levels of torment. I may have to pick this back up again after I get through my February purchases.
Takes literally 15 minutes or less to hit 70 these days, even if on console. If you hate it that much, quit trying to solo it.

Edit: In other news, the PTR is up for 2.5.0 , and Armory is the best new feature. Saves builds, gems, etc so you don't have to manually switch everything between builds anymore. This is fantastic!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally something we had in 2001 they added in its sequal 16 years later! Huzzah!

• New Feature: Armory
    • Players may now save up to five different builds per character using the Armory
      • This new feature can be found in the town hub within each Act
    • Saving a build in the Armory will snapshot your character’s current gear, socketed gems, active and passive skills, and Kanai’s Cube powers
      • Equipping a saved armory build will automatically swap items and gear between the character and stash
  • New Feature: Crafting Mat Storage
    • Starting with Patch 2.5.0, crafting materials picked up or obtained through salvaging will now appear in a separate storage tab, freeing up space in the shared stash
      • This tab can be accessed through the Inventory window
Also, primal ancient items, even betterer statted items.

Armory is coming at a good time for me though since I love dh and they have at least 4 viable builds now, maybe 5 if you count nat's still, though I haven't seen any on the leaderboard.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Removal of bonus act for bounties is epic. I hated that shit since I'd only want to do the bonus act, and frequently would have tons of mats for a few acts, and none for 1 or 2 others.

Most of the notes look great, but unless they do a big revamp or add some kind of new gameplay, I don't even know that I'll bother.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Takes literally 15 minutes or less to hit 70 these days, even if on console. If you hate it that much, quit trying to solo it.

Edit: In other news, the PTR is up for 2.5.0 , and Armory is the best new feature. Saves builds, gems, etc so you don't have to manually switch everything between builds anymore. This is fantastic!

Yeah, I know it does. Sadly my house falls just outside the lines of our local oligarchs' willingness to run internet to, and they won't let anyone who is willing to do it either, so offline it is for me with only cellular data. I used to be able to play online when I could fully shut off automatic updates, but now they changed the definition of off to mean automatically update as well, and my cap can't handle the 10+ gigs of data anytime a few updates come down the pike.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Removal of bonus act for bounties is epic. I hated that shit since I'd only want to do the bonus act, and frequently would have tons of mats for a few acts, and none for 1 or 2 others.

It was also a constant source of conflict in pub games when someone would accidentally (or purposefully?) turn in a non-bonus act. Usually followed by kick votes and arguing.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was also a constant source of conflict in pub games when someone would accidentally (or purposefully?) turn in a non-bonus act. Usually followed by kick votes and arguing.
Honestly you should just not have been able to turn in anything but the bonus in a public game. It would have ended all that crap.

Are they increasing the rewards for all acts or keeping it the same (so you need to do more bounties)?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Honestly you should just not have been able to turn in anything but the bonus in a public game. It would have ended all that crap.

Are they increasing the rewards for all acts or keeping it the same (so you need to do more bounties)?
It says you just get bonus reward regardless if I understood right, you just get a chest that has both rewards in them. So seems you can just spam different games and only do act1 bounties with always bonus too, which is nice even not accounting for groups fucking up in pubs.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So will this make the problem better or worse? I guess since you always get the reward then until all 5 bounties are done they will allow new players to join. It was always fucked up in pubs when you would do the first bounty and a guy would drop and do the next and a guy would drop and then you have 3 bounties left and two people to do them with.

Crone

So is the 2.5.0 changes on PTR right now supposed to be for the next Season? Or how do their patches like this usually work? Will we see it this season? I can't imagine primal ancients would just be thrown in at the end of a season? So I think I just answered my own question, and we're a couple months out from being able to actually see any of that stuff.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have thrown stuff like that in mid-season before so it's not out of the question.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I expect it will be introduced next season. Their recent policy has been to test the update on PTR mid-season, then roll out the changes the following season.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I knew most of that before from various sources, but it was good to have it all tied together like that. It is very easy to get so caught up in the system of what you are doing and the fear of breaking something that you end up, in fact, breaking it terribly not through action but through inaction.

Crone

A must watch/listen if you have an hour to burn
Nice video with good info. Although one thing that stood out to me like a sore thumb is their item upgrade curve, which they said was mistakenly way too long. Like what, 10 years or something, and then the RMAH. I can't not look at that situation and think that Blizzard knew exactly what they were doing, and while it was a shit system, it made them a ton of money off the RMAH, because everyone went there for gear.

Edit: The Jade Harvester WD set dungeon is pretty easy, except to Master it. Can't kill mobs early, otherwise you won't get the 15 harvested enemies at 1 time, 10 times over again. So then you try and knock that one out quick and then go through and try and kill everything, and I just run out of time. :(

Last edited:

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Nice video with good info. Although one thing that stood out to me like a sore thumb is their item upgrade curve, which they said was mistakenly way too long. Like what, 10 years or something, and then the RMAH. I can't not look at that situation and think that Blizzard knew exactly what they were doing, and while it was a shit system, it made them a ton of money off the RMAH, because everyone went there for gear.

I always found it a bit frustrating that they blamed the RMAH. I don't think the auction house was really the problem at all. The problem is that they see it as an all or nothing equation. As you mentioned drops were insanely rare, so you were forced into the auction house. Now they have made drops insanely common, but bind on pickup essentially. Personally I think keeping the auction house and having drops somewhere in the middle would've been more interesting.

Ultimately there was a lot of arrogance on Blizzards part with D3. The had so many issues and such a lack of content that I can't help but feel like they fucked themselves by limiting testing to Act 1 only...