Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Did they change the game at all graphically since launch? I just started playing again and I'm getting serious hitching as more monsters are on screen. Graphics on max and I'm playing on the exact same PC/setup I was when the game launched; I had zero issues then.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did they change the game at all graphically since launch? I just started playing again and I'm getting serious hitching as more monsters are on screen. Graphics on max and I'm playing on the exact same PC/setup I was when the game launched; I had zero issues then.
Disk fragmentation? Or maybe you had it installed on your SSD and you don't anymore? The game is a fucking shitshow if you run it from a shitty hard drive, it keeps loading assets on the fly instead of precaching stuff, so it hitches and hitches and hitches some more. If you play it on a SSD it's alright though, or if you defragment your hard drive and put it on the faster access part of the disk(on the edges iirc? forgot how that shit works but had a program to do it before). In RoS it's supposedly quite a bit better, from what I've read, but I've only played it on SSD so not sure.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just did my first Crypt run, and wow... that was some insane experience! Probably get old after a while, but for right now shit is fun getting so much experience!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, even that gets old. I am just buying up gems and converting alot of my gold at this point since gold becomes near useless where at least gems will continue to serve a purpose.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Disk fragmentation? Or maybe you had it installed on your SSD and you don't anymore? The game is a fucking shitshow if you run it from a shitty hard drive, it keeps loading assets on the fly instead of precaching stuff, so it hitches and hitches and hitches some more. If you play it on a SSD it's alright though, or if you defragment your hard drive and put it on the faster access part of the disk(on the edges iirc? forgot how that shit works but had a program to do it before). In RoS it's supposedly quite a bit better, from what I've read, but I've only played it on SSD so not sure.
Running the game from 5400 rpm HDD is stupid (most laptops), 7200 rpm isn't much better, SSD was the only thing that gave me smooth gameplay. If you have USB 3.0 port and flashdrive, you can install it onto that for much better performance

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, even that gets old. I am just buying up gems and converting alot of my gold at this point since gold becomes near useless where at least gems will continue to serve a purpose.
Marquise gems are going to drop like flawless square gems do now, so get rid of your gems too.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
They're making it like Marvel Heroes is right now. It's okay with me, I don't really give a fuck about sitting in trade chat in my monster killing games. I just want to kill monsters and find dope ass shit to kill monsters even faster with.
^ pretty much the reason PoE is fading fast for me.

Fuck trading and the twats who spend an hour trying to rape you in a deal if you show nominal interest.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does anyone have a link/list of all the major changes that will come with the expac or whenever they're patching it?

Crone

As mentioned I just learned about Crypt runs and given it's my latest "fun" I'm prepping them and trying to run as many as possible.

If anyone wants to join me for some paragon farming, friend me Crone#1894.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
<--- willing to suck a left nut for closed beta. I'll regale you with stories of Mippo and Thott. Who are those people you ask? People you didn't meet in WoW, fuckhead.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Running the game from 5400 rpm HDD is stupid (most laptops), 7200 rpm isn't much better, SSD was the only thing that gave me smooth gameplay. If you have USB 3.0 port and flashdrive, you can install it onto that for much better performance
I had to do this, because it got so bad right around 1.0.8 with the hitching (ran fine before then). Putting it on a flash drive works wonders. And you can do it from USB 2.0 (it's what I have) and it works perfectly.

bozeugene

Trakanon Raider
best i done was system + game on a ssd, and have a hard drive to store stuff that need less speed
only problem remaining is network latency (old adsl and no access to wire, so no way to improve on this)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Any evidence pre-purchasing the expansion pack gets you better chance to be flagged for beta ? (played barely at launch , haven't touched since , and really waiting for the loot changes as much as anything to play it )

Surprised they aren't outright selling closed beta access as part of the pre purchase.

Crone

Bet would be nice, no doubt, but if they are wiping everything before launch it'd be fun, but in the end a lot of wasted time.

At least this is what I keep telling myself to make the wait easier...

Janx

<Silver Donator>
FWIW I don't experience the hitcing on PTR. Live is still really bad when first starting a game.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
Marquise gems are going to drop like flawless square gems do now, so get rid of your gems too.
Can you please explain why money and gems becomes useless? I actually thought, it would be a good idea to buy some gold off the real money AH before it gets shut down when the expansion launches.
I started a few days ago again with my barb and having a good time so far.