Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been playing quite a bit since the patch and I think I've seen one cursed chest. On a side note, I've had 3 greens drop and one was an upgrade, so I can't complain much.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
how does that work? I have a 60+55 WD and my DPS is total ass. fetish army seems like it has a 120 sec cooldown so it's hardly usable, but maybe I'm missing something?
Could get some CD reduction, plus there is a WD passive that reduces CDs by 1 second for every mob killed (I believe that is it anyways).

Madikus

Knows nothing.
how does that work? I have a 60+55 WD and my DPS is total ass. fetish army seems like it has a 120 sec cooldown so it's hardly usable, but maybe I'm missing something?
Use the passive only that spawns them with basic attacks. I have an army of them out 100% of the time. Seems like the max is 9 at a time.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
After playing a decent bit after the patch, loot 2.0 is a significant upgrade to the game. Despite the common wisdom, the core systems for Diablo 3 have always been extremely good, it has been (and still is to an extent) the content that was lacking. As for content I mean the loot, NPCs, and the way they are laid out. Depending on your definition abilities themselves could be considered content, but for the sake of argument I will use it to mean "non-ability content."

Diablo 2 was an amazing game for its day, and Diablo 3 is a better one overall, but it wasn't as big step over D2 as D2 was over D1. In fact its biggest failing was that it was too much like (modern) D2 in most ways except for the more interesting loot system.

D3's ability system itself, being very malleable, lends itself well to a tight coupling with the item system. This did not happen at release and was a catastrophic blunder. Without that, you have little reason to not just pick "(a)the build", stick with it, and grind like crazy for tiny, tiny upgrades. It didn't matter what you found because all of the stats affected each build the same. With the new system a piece of loot can drastically increase your powerifyou change builds and alter your play style. Creating and testing new builds AROUND loot you happen to find is much more interesting and rewarding than grinding over and over and over again for the gold for that one piece of loot that will improve everything all at once. This is a good thing because it not only allows for many more and interesting side-grades within each class (allowing for the excitement of finding new loot without necessarily a direct linear power increase), but it also goes a long way towards rewarding the player for playing with the ability system itself, customizing it to the loot they've found and their character. Since this is by far the best feature of the game, and was the largest improvement over D2 (the content is pretty much the same), encouraging the player to actually use it provides much more replay values.

I haven't seen or read much of RoS, hopefully that will also provide some content construction improvements. Personally I would prefer the game to go much more the "rpg" direction for that, but it is almost certainly out of scope for this game. Maybe D4?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
There's also thisMask of Jeram. Someone in the clan found one yesterday. It had like +89% pet damage I think
Loot like that is what I loved about D2. That item alone would make me stop playing whatever char I was using and roll a WD just to try it out.

On a sad note.... I was all ready to jump on and play some D3 just to find out its maintenance day. Feels bad. When is offline mode coming?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Have they said PC is getting an offline mode? If so, that makes me happy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's also thisMask of Jeram. Someone in the clan found one yesterday. It had like +89% pet damage I think
This. Also I forgot that one skill is actually called fetish army, because I didn't literally mean that skill, but rather the passive that spawns fetishes. Once my horde gets ramped up, they just wreck everything.

Granted, when I said several million dps, I'm also talking about a Patchwerk style setup. Was running a pair of lowbies through T6 Mira last night to see how much xp they got. On T6 with 3 players, Mira has a shade over 110M hitpoints, and it takes me about 10 seconds to kill her when I pop big bad voodoo. Most elites/champions I can't just stand there doing max dps the entire time, so I'm not always doing several million dps. Still feels good seeing Mira melt so fast though.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played last night for the first time since June of 2012. Got 15 paragon levels (had no idea what the fuck those were) in 20 minutes by farming on Torment 6 in a full group. Also I can solo shit in act 1 with my DH on T5 with terrible gear...but she does still die in one hit.

I did get 16 yellows in 10 minutes though while solo...which is nice...and weird...but nice.

Might level up a monk or wizard so I can get a story refresher before the xpack.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Sadly, no. I was hoping there would be one since the AH is out the door and for situations like maintenance days, but a quick search on Google revealed this B.S.Why Diablo 3 wont get an offline mode | Polygon
You know what I always find interesting when reading Blizzards thoughts on D3 is how often they decide and tell you what is fun. It has always come off as very arrogant to me.

Running bosses for loot = no fun so we nerfed the drop rates
Playing offline = no fun so we made it online only
Switching MF gear = no fun so we removed it
Trading without AH = no fun so everything is BoA
Switching skills on the fly = no fun so NV5 to prevent people from changing skills (granted they did change this just using an example)

I am sure there are many other places you can see them doing this not only in D3 but in WoW ect where the company definition of fun is the only way you should be playing. In order to force feed everyone the same experience they either nerf or lock down anything that deviates from the so called Blizzard experience. I wish they would let the players decide what they find fun instead, and if they have a design they would like to push do so without locking down all other forms of "fun"

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
So I haven't played this since like 3 months after release. My WD was 60 and I remember not liking any other class aside from the Monk. How are WD in this game now because once they nerfed my zombie bears and made my toad build shit I was kind of bummed.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know what I always find interesting when reading Blizzards thoughts on D3 is how often they decide and tell you what is fun. It has always come off as very arrogant to me.

Switching skills on the fly = no fun so NV5 to prevent people from changing skills (granted they did change this just using an example)

I am sure there are many other places you can see them doing this not only in D3 but in WoW ect where the company definition of fun is the only way you should be playing. In order to force feed everyone the same experience they either nerf or lock down anything that deviates from the so called Blizzard experience. I wish they would let the players decide what they find fun instead, and if they have a design they would like to push do so without locking down all other forms of "fun"
Sony did not trade mark "The Vision".

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Well to be honest, switching to MF gear was no fun.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So I haven't played this since like 3 months after release. My WD was 60 and I remember not liking any other class aside from the Monk. How are WD in this game now because once they nerfed my zombie bears and made my toad build shit I was kind of bummed.
I tried to login today after not playing since a few months after release, too, and saw visions of WOW:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Tuesday, March 4th, at 3:00 am PST and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 11:00 am PST. During this time the game will be unavailable for play.

I see these assclowns still patch 7-2 EST. Hopefully this isn't a weekly occurrence now for Battlenet. I never understood why they didn't patch off hours in the middle of the night EST.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think my gear is shit and my DPS seems low, but WD is fun to play. I was on last night and would drop my Fetish Totem or w/e on top of our wizard & DH and just watch them start going fucking nuts.

I tried to login today after not playing since a few months after release, too, and saw visions of WOW:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Tuesday, March 4th, at 3:00 am PST and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 11:00 am PST. During this time the game will be unavailable for play.

I see these assclowns still patch 7-2 EST. Hopefully this isn't a weekly occurrence now for Battlenet. I never understood why they didn't patch off hours in the middle of the night EST.
Because they're a PST company? And isn't it 6am -1pm EST (or is it really a 4hr time difference between PST and EST, I honestly don't know since I'm in CST)? I don't recall any other maintenance beyond the actual Patch dropping in recent history.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think atm WDs are kinda middle of the pack but once RoS hits they get a really awesome new skill that makes a lot of stuff more fun. They also have a few numbers of viable builds depending on the legendaries you use, for example some legendaries let you reduce your dot duration by half(so they do more damage faster) or one of them lets you instantly consume all your dots for the remaining damage when you use Soul Harvest(the thing that buffs your int depending on the amount of mobs around) so there's interesting dot stuff, also a passive that makes them last forever if that's more your thing.

Then you have legendaries that increase pet damage a lot, helm was linked a few posts above, +75%pet dmg, there's +100%attackspeed pet gloves and then some fetish related stuff like one that makes your fetish army, the actual spell, lasts forever(so until they die to aoe etc).

On top of that you have the usual nuking builds, a lot of which became more viable due to the focus on skill rework to give specific rune an element and gear having +fire/lightning/ice/poison etc % dmg, so by stacking this type of stat plus the right skills with the runes that change the elements to match, you can make about everything viable.

So they're in a pretty good spot, even though atm they're not wizards. No one is really. But every class seems fairly viable even though a lot of them are reliant on itemizing properly and a lot of builds are reliant on specific legendaries which aren't tradeable anymore so it's fairly RNG.