Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm just saying that mapping large numbers of abilities to a controller has been solved and going above 6 is trivial - my struggle is going above 24 and maintaining fast access.

The genre is not relevent, most games have the same control scheme these days. The GCD is not relevent, people have been holding shift for extra hotkeys on a keyboard forever.

I play FF14 as a healer on a phone mirroring my PS4 with a controller attachment without any issues.

Blizzard know the FF14 solution because they recently put support for it into WoW. They are limiting skills for either balance reasons or games journalist reasons, not because controllers are gimped somehow.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh god, first the pages of PoE fanatics and their comparisons, and now the FFXIV simp.

This thread almost has it all now.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes but it wouldn't be a Chris Chris reply without mentioning ff14 and controllers.

Also would you play an MMO with a controller?
GW2 is definitely playable with a controller, but only a moron would try playing WoW with one, and by would I mean did and by moron I mean look 3 posts above.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh god, first the pages of PoE fanatics and their comparisons, and now the FFXIV simp.

This thread almost has it all now.
I play PoE with a controller too.

GW2 is definitely playable with a controller, but only a moron would try playing WoW with one, and by would I mean did and by moron I mean look 3 posts above.
I can't belive that this stuff blows your minds, do you guys not have games consoles?

What even is the problem here? Can we not hold L2 or R2 for more buttons? Is that haram?

• 1Moron

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

People taking gaming advice from Chris is peak.

I'm not convinced that Chris isn't the Foler of gaming, anything he says is basically the opposite of reality.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard

I can't belive that this stuff blows your minds, do you guys not have games consoles?

What even is the problem here? Can we not hold L2 or R2 for more buttons? Is that haram?
No I don't own a console, I'm a real gamer.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So.. On one hand, we have people that are just as bad as vegans that want to tell the world that they hate blizzard and wont buy any of their games. On the other hand, we have people that wont buy the game because its not a carbon copy of POE. Then, to finish it off, we have a Brit parachuting in to tell us he plays FFXIV with a controller.

Of course your ultimate doesnt fucking matter in the beta - you only had 26 points to play with. Never mind that the entire skill tree that you saw will be filled in by max level and your whole build will be based off your gear and the paragon tree. Which is fucking massive.

This thread went fucking crazy in the span of me just going to Lowes and back.

• 7Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I don't mind buying Blizzard games, but if this is more D3 than D2 I am thinking I will pass on this one.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On the other hand, we have people that wont buy the game because its not a carbon copy of POE.
Have you had a chance to listen to the word of our lord and savior today?

1679355093911.png

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Several pals have refunded the 100$ big mac

But seriously, there are some fantastic posts in here

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind buying Blizzard games, but if this is more D3 than D2 I am thinking I will pass on this one.
The only part that feels like D3 is the 6 skill limit. But that's a big hurdle.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You show me the innovation, you're the one claiming PoE somehow innovates every single league. I've played the game on and off for the past 10+ years and I sure as shit don't see all this magical innovation or "new and different" that it supposedly has.

Off the top of my head:

Currency is used for both transactions and crafting
Support gems change skills in interesting ways; new ones added all the time
League mechanics push all kinds of boundaries that other games won't even touch.
Endgame bosses change yearly in a whole new way and always come with a different way to manipulate their late game content (maps).
Speaking of maps, tons of different layouts to choose from so that if you get bored you can go onto another one.
Uniques that are build defining and change the way select skills work in interesting ways.
Target farming of divination cards and/or bosses with static loot tables.
Every goddamn item is tradeable which means earning currency in any form always moves you closer to whatever goal you have chosen.
Oh, and for you all talking about "a few builds that everyone plays or they cannot do anything"
1679355742905.png

1679355787310.png

1679355818364.png

1679355844042.png

1679355870767.png

So again, what has D4 done to innovate on the genre with all of Blizzards time and money. What one thing is amazing and needs to be in every ARPG going forward?

Even then there are issues with POE, shit, Deathwing Deathwing is probably rolling his eyes that I am defending it in this thread because of the shit I give it in its own thread. But it is 10x more ambitious than this game and that is the worst indictment of D4, that it is good to really good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Why would I spend $2k or more on a PC just to play things on a console? I dont make fun of people who play consoles, since its actually a really good value. But there isn't a game that has ever made me need to go buy a console to play it, so zero reason to ever get one, when a PC just does it all better. Otherwise something like the switch to be mobile is the other exemption.

Now I will make fun of people for using controllers on pc, because I don't care what you say, they are not anywhere close to a good mouse/kb. The only thing I can even remotely give an edge to the controller is being able to sit back in your chair reclining and still do something in a game. I could see gathering in a game with this method to be better.

The only part that feels like D3 is the 6 skill limit. But that's a big hurdle.

Is that really a big thing for people? D2 was a long time ago, but I do not remember using a ton of skills in that game either. Sure you could bind them, but you really had a small over all group that you used when playing. Like I did a ton of javazon, and it was Lighting fury, The melee lighting charged one, The valk, decoy and maybe occasionally slow missle, that was it. So moving to d3 felt normal with the amount of skills.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So.. On one hand, we have people that are just as bad as vegans that want to tell the world that they hate blizzard and wont buy any of their games. On the other hand, we have people that wont buy the game because its not a carbon copy of POE. Then, to finish it off, we have a Brit parachuting in to tell us he plays FFXIV with a controller.

Of course your ultimate doesnt fucking matter in the beta - you only had 26 points to play with. Never mind that the entire skill tree that you saw will be filled in by max level and your whole build will be based off your gear and the paragon tree. Which is fucking massive.

This thread went fucking crazy in the span of me just going to Lowes and back.

I'll likely buy it when all the "Seasonal Pass" bullshit is out and I can buy everything for 20 dollars.

I'm tired of companies trying to do "Life as a service", I don't need to pay you monthly for a fucking game that shouldn't even be always online in the first place. Given the last 5 years of blizzard creations has me super hesitant on the legs of this game, especially when you add in Micro-trans and "Seasonal Pass" bullshit. If they vault old content, I will just not buy it at all.

I said it earlier in this thread but I'm tired of the used-car salesman tactics and "Urgency" built into these payment models that don't need to exist in the first place.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I admit I haven't touched this thread, or anything D4 related. I knew there was early access, so I figured I could order this for some PS5 couch coop in a week or two. I thought it was bugged when it said 77 days before I could download it. Oops lol

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
D4 is funner to play than PoE.

And again, it's not Blizzard's job to innovate. They are in the business of putting out refined gameplay and selling a fuck ton of games. They have investors to answer to and can't just roll out some fucking interns ideas on a whim and hope for the best.

How about a new league where you collect dog turds and play checkers on a minigame board with the dog turds? PoE INNOVATION BABBBBYYY

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is that really a big thing for people? D2 was a long time ago, but I do not remember using a ton of skills in that game either. Sure you could bind them, but you really had a small over all group that you used when playing. Like I did a ton of javazon, and it was Lighting fury, The melee lighting charged one, The valk, decoy and maybe occasionally slow missle, that was it. So moving to d3 felt normal with the amount of skills.
Skill use in D2 was bad too. Mostly spammed 2 or 3 skills, tops.

The thing with D4 is that there are a lot interesting skills, at least in the Rogue skill tree, that will never get used because there isn't room on the bars.

It could just be a Rogue problem though, I didn't bother to play any of the other classes as they don't really interest me.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's funny seeing all the POEtards sperging in this thread. Quality entertainment while at work.

• 2Like