Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's not just blue hairs but most people in general. I was shocked at the number of double doctorates at my last job that would argue stupid shit like the 2+2=5 all day long. One of said double doctorates insisted that cheap packing foam was "good enough" for use as a seal for pressure testing our devices to ensure they could handle long bouts in all weather conditions. When I left the company they were still using this method to test multi-million dollar pieces of equipment and it was a huge bottleneck in the factory because none of the devices could pass a pressure test, lol.

This is the same guy that kept trying to put his hands on a running saw while someone else was using it. They didn't even allow him to have his own tools due to his incompetence and would get pissed at us when we wouldn't give him any.
I wonder if you could start a firm with the express purpose as to come in fire the shit bags and the selling point is they can’t be sued they have to sue us, said company then pearl clutches and promises to never use us again meanwhile they can’t be sued because they outsourced the firing. Won’t be able to win a suit against us because we don’t talk to anyone just look at performance reviews and fire based on numbers.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if you could start a firm with the express purpose as to come in fire the shit bags and the selling point is they can’t be sued they have to sue us, said company then pearl clutches and promises to never use us again meanwhile they can’t be sued because they outsourced the firing. Won’t be able to win a suit against us because we don’t talk to anyone just look at performance reviews and fire based on numbers.
They already have those. Maybe interview people behind a screen with a voice modulator?

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well they changed the horse from a glue donor to a fuckin thoroughbred!

1-20 in an hour doing the blood whatevers.

Whisper completions gave me 500k at lvl 15. Money won't be an issue I am thinking.

The Barb Upheaval is pretty damn good now from 1-20.

Overall....It's OK so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wearbear Druid feels kinda slow and clunky. Feel like I want something a bit faster paced.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The mob density has been raised. You Don't even need the mount if doing the blood whatever...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What is their hardon for keeping some waypoints locked, and making you go out of your way to unlock them? It's fucking retarded. I unlocked them all on my first play through. Keep them unlocked for all seasons. No one likes having to go unlock that shit again.

Season 2 in a nutshell so far, a lot of recycled content given new window dressing.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I used to hate replaying PoE due to having to do the campaign again. But now after a few Leagues I do like that better than D3/4 skip campaign, yeah I know you can still do the campaign but I feel it should have been the only option. That way you unlock waypoints etc naturally as you speed through the new Season and you end up at a decent level to start farming. Right now it feels like skipping is the fastest alternative so no reason to do campaign again, but I could be wrong.

• 1Truth!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to hate replaying PoE due to having to do the campaign again. But now after a few Leagues I do like that better than D3/4 skip campaign, yeah I know you can still do the campaign but I feel it should have been the only option. That way you unlock waypoints etc naturally as you speed through the new Season and you end up at a decent level to start farming. Right now it feels like skipping is the fastest alternative so no reason to do campaign again, but I could be wrong.

D4 is still too non linear in the campaign for it to really be smooth. One minute you have a quest on the east, then you've got one 5 zones away on the south west then back to the east.

At least in poe, it's relatively a straight line through the campaign.

Waypoints in d2 were checkpoints and in D4 are more like fast travel points.

D4 would be quite obvious how little there is in the game if all waypoints were unlocked from the start. Just artificial roadblocks to slow you down and stretch out how shallow the whole game really is.

I played it last night for a couple hours and I was pretty unenthusiastic the whole time. It's still not fun, the skills feel like shit, a skill point increasing skill damage by literally 1-2 damage is just fucking stupid. I get damage is improved by conditionals but all of that lacks any dopamine hits and makes it all feel underwhelming.

Unfortunately the whole game is still flawed in a "is this fun" mindset. There's really nothing to look forward to in any segment of the game.

Skipping campaign further reduces the amount of actual substance the game offers but at the same time, I can't knowingly choose to do hours of "quests" that are reduced to clicking an NPC dialogue option and skipping the dialogue just to get to the next step.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
D4 is still too non linear in the campaign for it to really be smooth. One minute you have a quest on the east, then you've got one 5 zones away on the south west then back to the east.

At least in poe, it's relatively a straight line through the campaign.

Waypoints in d2 were checkpoints and in D4 are more like fast travel points.

D4 would be quite obvious how little there is in the game if all waypoints were unlocked from the start. Just artificial roadblocks to slow you down and stretch out how shallow the whole game really is.

I played it last night for a couple hours and I was pretty unenthusiastic the whole time. It's still not fun, the skills feel like shit, a skill point increasing skill damage by literally 1-2 damage is just fucking stupid. I get damage is improved by conditionals but all of that lacks any dopamine hits and makes it all feel underwhelming.

Unfortunately the whole game is still flawed in a "is this fun" mindset. There's really nothing to look forward to in any segment of the game.

Skipping campaign further reduces the amount of actual substance the game offers but at the same time, I can't knowingly choose to do hours of "quests" that are reduced to clicking an NPC dialogue option and skipping the dialogue just to get to the next step.
Yeah the campaign was really just a walking simulator with a few cutscenes and dialogue sprinkled in......wasn't even fun the first time, although the ending cinematics were pretty badass.

Leveling a rogue for the first time, so it has been fun so far, but I don't see it lasting beyond seeing the new bosses.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
domhainne tunnels is still a bit faster but also just boring as fuck and the loot sucks

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah the campaign was really just a walking simulator with a few cutscenes and dialogue sprinkled in......wasn't even fun the first time, although the ending cinematics were pretty badass.

Leveling a rogue for the first time, so it has been fun so far, but I don't see it lasting beyond seeing the new bosses.

If you're not into the story, then fuck doing the campaign ever again. Way too much running back and forth between POIs for long stretches with little to no combat in between

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Few tidbits.

Leveling is faster. Noticeably so. I am level 45 in about 4 hours of play time.

The Blood Harvest events are not bad. They encourage people to help each other for resources used and killing elites that spawn.

The vampiric powers are not class specific and are pretty good for rounding out builds.

I still find myself looking at gear for that diamond in the rough.

• 1Pathetic

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know when this is coming to the Microsoft Store?

I only buy games on the most premium of launchers!

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Pretty decent patch so far. Only L50, so there's that.

I'm on board with the XP and even the S2 vampire powers. These should make it into the base game, and get rid of helltides and convert them to blood harvest. I like being able to complete two objectives at once. Blood harvest not a chore like helltides. Switching between blood harvest and nm lessens boredom. Summoning bosses is cool.

Gear is still poo, but the vampire powers take the edge off. Character feels decently powerful now with no real drop off in power. I did start running out of steam at level 35...but I realized my character was kitted out mostly in level 4-11 gear. Two quick runs through blood harvest fixed that.

I'm playing the same exact spec as my launch sorcerer. Feels pretty good so far!

Acclaim board is decent. Between this, blood harvest, whispers, and seeker's cache makes upgrades plentiful.

What they need to do:

Make S2 stuff the base game, as I have already said. Keep the vampire powers, replace helltides with blood harvest.

Quit making us start over every season. Not much fun going from the mailroom to middle management every few months. Let us work on or main instead of having a stack of seasonal > eternal characters that never get played again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The talent points for vampire powers need to not be randomly on gear, it's going to make gearing more awkward when your upgrade doesn't have the right legendary power AND vampire points.

Maybe the items to change the points will be plentiful, but then why even have the system?

The points should be linked to something else or not exist.

If Malignant Powers are gems+, this is paragon board+ with the way you upgrade them. But clearly no thought has been put into how this can be added permanently to the base game.