Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My main problem is having 5-10 minutes of fun then having to sift through all the loot. I feel like I need a spreadsheet to keep track of what is in my stash. Do I need a low roll of this legendary power? Do I need another +3 Trample glove?

Pretty much my feeling here. And I have zero desire to be looking for incremental/if any upgrades after every run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty much my feeling here. And I have zero desire to be looking for incremental/if any upgrades after every run.
Yeah the lack of incremental loot is really fucking this.

I felt like I was finding a few key legendary powers and keeping those items until lv50 with most of my build being janky and weak.

Then I had to jump to my perfect build on sacred items using the junk I kept from 1-50 and plan out on paper which power went on which slot with the wiki of powers.

For example one or two key legendary powers only dropped once for me from 1-50, so it wasn't safe to put them on a better item. One still hasn't dropped a second time and it's my main dps skill now.

So now I'm just going to be doing the same thing, getting progressively weaker until lv70 and then I'll have to do another power spike with my saved powers on ancestral items.

I can't put a drop only power on an incremental upgrade if it hardly drops.

What I can do is upgrade weapons since I put a codex power on it on purpose, but I still have to upgrade it so it's not worth it on small upgrades.

All these powers and pacts need to be off gear and in the skill/paragon trees.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The itemization needs work for sure but for me it's the codex that needs overhauled. Let me fill the codex with the aspects find and be able to upgrade them with better ones I find along the way. No more of this single use aspect crap

EDIT and Glyph XP somewhere fucking else instead of just NMDs

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The itemization needs work for sure but for me it's the codex that needs overhauled. Let me fill the codex with the aspects find and be able to upgrade them with better ones I find along the way. No more of this single use aspect crap

Agree. But you can eyeball codex increases fast and the higher ones jump out at you. Like I went from 2k Thorns on one to 8k. I will 100% take the filter for loot over a codex overhaul.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
You can sell, aspect extract or dismantle legendaries.

I think they need to drop 1/3rd as frequently but you get all three item types from the blacksmith.

Then have the legendary powers be stackable or upgradable like you guys are saying. They have the tech for upgrades, that's how glyphs and pacts work right now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is a problem with WoW retail as well. Complexity should be based upon simple interactions. It shouldn't be math based. Vampire Survivors or Halls of Torment are great, if simple, examples of having easy to digest choices that have massive impact on play style.

What is the actual value of having 4 secondary stats worth basically nothing without using Excel?

Games should start Duplo and go Lego. Instead they start with actuarial tables and go to neutral networks.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

EDIT and Glyph XP somewhere fucking else instead of just NMDs

I've said before. Just fucking steal the d3 cube. Extract once, get the max value and let players apply it over and over as much as they want. That way you are chasing items throughout, aspects will be chased early but a lot less worry later. Can add a UI element that tells you if you have that one saved already or not, to make loot sorting much quicker. If dead set on making people always want to look for aspects, keep a few amazing ones or season themed ones to loot only.

But noo, they care more about metrics and things to keep people in game, so why make it simple and easy.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People saying the season mechanics are fun sorta got me tempted to play, but I want to thank everyone for quickly reminding me of the glaring flaws.

I'm probably not going to be playing again until the aspect are changed. The dumbfuckery of spending more time sorting loot than playing the game, not being able to store and switch specs, and the continual burning/storing aspects is far too much bullshit.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
People saying the season mechanics are fun sorta got me tempted to play, but I want to thank everyone for quickly reminding me of the glaring flaws.

I'm probably not going to be playing again until the aspect are changed. The dumbfuckery of spending more time sorting loot than playing the game, not being able to store and switch specs, and the continual burning/storing aspects is far too much bullshit.
SUPPOSEDLY the next patch in like another week is going to make respeccing way easier, though it sounds like a bandaid fix and not a true "Armory" like it should be.

Leveling being so much faster is the best part for me, probably 8 hours played in total and already mid 50s WT3. Probably close to being strong enough for the next Capstone also, thanks to the renown paragon points carrying over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The codex system shouldn't be improved, it should just be fucking scrapped entirely. The idea that every item is updated to a legendary is stupid in the first place.

D2 Uniques and Sets had a purpose and rares did too. This system nothing has purpose.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The codex system shouldn't be improved, it should just be fucking scrapped entirely. The idea that every item is updated to a legendary is stupid in the first place.

D2 Uniques and Sets had a purpose and rares did too. This system nothing has purpose.
Yeah if they are gonna keep the system, they should at least give legendaries an extra stat slot, make them better than rares even with an aspect.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They have to nerf the lightning ball build. World bosses are dying in two seconds again.

• 2Pathetic

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
sure it wasn't a barb? They are the ones that 1 shot shit the most/worst by far

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw an interesting spontaneous interview on Asmon's stream with some dataminer(s) about possibly finding new info, ingame, on the Cow Level. At the moment, they've been able to kill 666 cows, in 3 different regions, with each region giving a book that could be placed at some fountain with 4 oxen statues, placing 3 tomes has a key drop. The key opens a previously locked instance called Forlorn Hovel. In the Hovel at many dead hunters, then 28 Cows spawn. Killing the Cows drops a Stamina Potion, which you can use and gives a buff. Nothing apparent after that yet.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They have to nerf the lightning ball build. World bosses are dying in two seconds again.

Who gives a shit? Thats what makes ARPGs fun. Maybe instead of trying to implant idiotic timegate/timesink daily/weekly bullshit, they should just make a good game?

"World bosses" are garbage. They should be nuked into orbit. Along with every other mechanic akin to them.

• 5Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ummmm.

So I did the Blood Harvest 150 twice...

These are the uniques I got in five minutes.

Along with three tabs of legendaries.

aaaa.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Who gives a shit? Thats what makes ARPGs fun. Maybe instead of trying to implant idiotic timegate/timesink daily/weekly bullshit, they should just make a good game?

"World bosses" are garbage. They should be nuked into orbit. Along with every other mechanic akin to them.

I do. I get a swing in and it's dead. No fun at all.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Yeah, there should be less things to do. Another brilliant take

• 2Worf