Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only necro that occasionally gets raped by multiple charging mobs? Those are the bane of my existence. I didn't even come close to dying on Andy, but nooooo those mutherfuckers kill me multiple times, and make me get my cardio in. My gear gettinbg kinda weak,still T2, but I'' stick it out a few more.

I tend not to actually spoil myself with games like this, learn shit myself kinda deal, am I to understand I can rip the legendary effects out, and apply them to say a level 50ish item? I have a bunch of good effects for bloodmist, corpse explosion, spawn more corpses ect ect, and was just gonna apply them to new items if thats how it goes, kinda have a CE/BM build idea in mind (im sure theres already a better one)

Let me give you some advice sir.

from software e3 GIF

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Goddamn butcher jumped me again. This time I was level 17, and had cleared most of the dungeon. Tried kiting him around, and got him to half health with my skeletons, but ran out of pots. Was running for my life, and as goofy as the situation was, it's still fun. Hopefully I'll drop him the next time we meet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The toughness of certain classes is VERY apparent versus others. Rogues/Barbs/Druids can just eat shit all day long, but their dps is wah wah. Sorc's I'm not sure of but they seem to be okay tankiness but amazing clear/speed. Necros are fucking squishy as hell and our defensive mechanic is literally just free healing orbs, but we do so much fucking damage most boss fights we don't even see all their abilities.

But on fights like the Butcher you have people like Rogues and Druids who can just go toe-to-toe and be fine, but Necros are just fucked if they don't have a nonstop swarm of minions to do free dps while you're Jesse Owensing around. I can't sit there and try to get essence up to spear him even though two spears will take him down 25% because he's just constantly in my shit. Now if he's on some one else in the dungeon and I get free shots it's as easy as anything else.

Basically melee = tanky sustain dps. Ranged = squishy big burst dps. You can of course try to switch it up by building a more defensive build, but you're going to lose a ton of damage and you'll just be a worse form of a melee class at that point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Let me give you some advice sir.

from software e3 GIF
If I could get into the game that was plan today once I hit 50/finished campaign lol

Small indy company servers I guess, I keep getting locked at this screen tonite:
smallindy13.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
I havent had any issues with being squishy yet as a sorc but this is still nightmare tier 1 shit lol, between deep freeze and flame shield and all the passives its been a breeze

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got that and a brown horse as well that have dropped for me.

Saw someone w/ a moose antler barding or something, and someone else w/ a water or wisp-form horse. Didn't bother to check if those were shop mounts or not.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The price of Diablo 2 was $60 in 2000. That is the same as $105.33 in today dollars.

You guys have to stop being poor and old and realize things change.
I wouldn't have paid retail price for Diablo 2 in 2000, either.

Friends who are playing are enjoying it, but they said it's probably not worth it for $70 either.

And I can easily afford it. But I'm also not a sucker.

• 5Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Got that and a brown horse as well that have dropped for me.

Saw someone w/ a moose antler barding or something, and someone else w/ a water or wisp-form horse. Didn't bother to check if those were shop mounts or not.
if its this one its a random drop
1686007836026.png

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't have paid retail price for Diablo 2 in 2000, either.

Friends who are playing are enjoying it, but they said it's probably not worth it for $70 either.

And I can easily afford it. But I'm also not a sucker.

Sucker for what? I understand not buying video games like constantly, this is the 3rd game I've bought now for my PS5. First was Dark Souls to play something when I got the PS5, the second was Elden Ring on release, and now Diablo 4. Otherwise, I'm perfectly find playing the free PS Plus games, that shit is actually pretty good at times.

What you won't get sitting on the sidelines is being part of the cultural zeitgeist that comes with a game release, the sense of shared discovery, the rush of game activity that comes only on release, like with a Call of Duty game, for example. Sure, you can get this game for like 1/2 off months or years from now, but whose going to be playing it then? How active will the community be? So you saved $30......and didn't get to play a game you thought you'd like for 6 months or longer? Huh?

If you are as rich as you say you are, then I'm not sure exactly what money you think you are saving by not buying Diablo 4. Isn't the purpose of buying a game to have a good time? So you either 1) don't buy it, because you don't think you will enjoy it, or 2) buy it because you think you will. If you think you would enjoy it, but you don't buy it, then it only makes sense if you are watching your money, or you are making a political stance against Blizzard.

Do you know what $70 is today? It's dinner out for 2 people. That will last you 2 hours. This game will last you much, much longer.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sounds like you fell for the Blizzard marketing and hype (like most people) and think choosing to not buy this game is almost like self harm...

You actually sound like you are trying to save him from himself simply because he didn't buy D4

• 6Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure why he thinks he would be a sucker for buying a game he thinks he would enjoy.

Then again, I'm not the type of person to monitor and post in a forum for a game I don't even play. Maybe you can provide some insight.

Also, falling for Blizzard marketing and hype would mean I bought the game and I didn't enjoy it. Quite the contrary, I'm having a grand time, actually more than I thought I would.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What you won't get sitting on the sidelines is being part of the cultural zeitgeist that comes with a game release, the sense of shared discovery, the rush of game activity that comes only on release, like with a Call of Duty game, for example. Sure, you can get this game for like 1/2 off months or years from now, but whose going to be playing it then? How active will the community be? So you saved $30......and didn't get to play a game you thought you'd like for 6 months or longer? Huh?
In terms of multiplayer, what does this have? The early D3 seasons I played had some group play (bounties were best as group, then clearing rifts with friends) but as the game got older, it was more solo, until they made solo preferable due to buffing followers (outside of bounties).

The season of PoE I played, years ago, had a bit more grouping with friends, but not enough for me to consider it a much of a multiplayer game. More of a solo game with loot trading.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The price of Diablo 2 was $60 in 2000. That is the same as $105.33 in today dollars.

You guys have to stop being poor and old and realize things change.

YEAH Just buy the Micro Trans you bigots, what are you some CIS white male? Only a CIS white male wouldn't ENJOY buying micro trans!

---

Such a dumb take..none of us are hurting for the funds to buy the game. Most of the people balking at paying are irritated because we KNOW it won't be the last time they try to wring pennies from us. Fuck, the epilogue basically says that you better be ready for paid seasonal updates so we can..

find out what diversity asian does with mephisto...also what a fucking dumb take from Lothar'ogar with his bullshit virtuing about "we aren't going to heed her wishes?" by not going after her. What the fuck you moron, you know she's carrying around a prime evil in her back pocket...a being that attracts danger...and you wanna just be like "WELL SHE SAID TO LET HER GO SO OKAY WE WILL". that epilogue was some dog shit takes for the sake of "UP NEXT ON DRAGON BALL Z" levels of seasonal paid updates.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
In terms of multiplayer, what does this have? The early D3 seasons I played had some group play, of just clearing rifts, but as the game got older, it was more solo, until they made solo preferable due to buffing followers.

The season of PoE I played, years ago, had a bit more grouping with friends, but not enough for me to consider it a much of a multiplayer game. More of a solo game with loot trading.

In terms of multiplayer? Probably nothing. I usually play Diablo solo. I just happen to play couch coop this time around as well - which btw, turns out to be a fun way to play, there is a paucity of games that play well sharing a screen.

But when a game like this first comes out, nothing is "solved", there is a sense of discovery trying to figure out builds, classes, items, etc.

Six months from now you will have extensive website databases that will tell you every best in slot item, best builds, best farm areas, how to solve every quest in the game, etc.....to be fair, most of that will be here a month from now. So you have a very narrow window to just play the game fresh. If that's not your thing, then you won't miss out on anything. But sometimes there is fun to be had to figure a game out before it's all been parsed out.

• 1WTF

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In terms of multiplayer? Probably nothing. I usually play Diablo solo. I just happen to play couch coop this time around as well - which btw, turns out to be a fun way to play, there is a paucity of games that play well sharing a screen.

But when a game like this first comes out, nothing is "solved", there is a sense of discovery trying to figure out builds, classes, items, etc.

Six months from now you will have extensive website databases that will tell you every best in slot item, best builds, best farm areas, how to solve every quest in the game, etc.....to be fair, most of that will be here a month from now. So you have a very narrow window to just play the game fresh. If that's not your thing, then you won't miss out on anything. But sometimes there is fun to be had to figure a game out before it's all been parsed out.
It looks pretty parsed out already on Maxroll. People just haven't taken the time to write all the guides.

I understand what you mean though, it's the feeling of what a fresh WoW xpac used to look like, before the start of almost everything being already datamined in beta. Even then, Legion still had some unknown, or lesser known treasures to beat the crowds to, on release.

I was hoping that they found a way to make this game more multiplayer involved than previous ARPGs. I liked the story and atmosphere of D1 when I was a kid, but I thought D2 was mediocre and I never even played the campaign once in D3. So being forced to play the story in D4 is a bit of a drawback, if anything.

• 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A fresh game to play and explore and experience is always the most fun. Being in on a popular launch is a great experience as long as the game is playable. Blizzard knows this... all gaming companies do in fact. So they gave people who spend a significant amount more a very big head start.

And then they took it a step further and tried to get even more last minute upgrade sales by announcing the race and rewards.

And they didn't even have the decency to launch with a leaderboard.

Blizzard is a garbage company, with garbage business practices, that has made nothing but mediocre games... at best... for like 15+ years.

But by all means keep giving in to FOMO and affirming to them that as long as a title has the name of a familiar IP, everyone will trip over themselves to throw their money in blindly.

• 7Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 8 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sucker for what? I understand not buying video games like constantly, this is the 3rd game I've bought now for my PS5. First was Dark Souls to play something when I got the PS5, the second was Elden Ring on release, and now Diablo 4. Otherwise, I'm perfectly find playing the free PS Plus games, that shit is actually pretty good at times.

If you are as rich as you say you are, then I'm not sure exactly what money you think you are saving by not buying Diablo 4. Isn't the purpose of buying a game to have a good time? So you either 1) don't buy it, because you don't think you will enjoy it, or 2) buy it because you think you will. If you think you would enjoy it, but you don't buy it, then it only makes sense if you are watching your money, or you are making a political stance against Blizzard.

Do you know what $70 is today? It's dinner out for 2 people. That will last you 2 hours. This game will last you much, much longer.
What's the cutoff then? So because I can afford it, should I pay $100? $200? I mean, I wouldn't want to miss out on the rush of...what exactly?

I'm glad you mentioned Call of Duty. Played the shit out of CoD MW with friends a few years ago. When MW2 came out last year, I was a bit reluctant to spend $70 on it. Did it anyway and you know what? It fucking sucked. Know what it also did? Set the precedent that games should cost $70. If everyone told them to fuck off, you know what they wouldn't charge next time?

All I'm mostly saying is that I'm seeing a lot of sentiment that the game actually isn't *that* fun. Worth it if it's a throwaway game for $30. But not fun enough to justify double what a game like Last Epoch costs.

And I read this thread to see if the game is worthwhile. We've got hundreds of threads about different games. Should I only read the ones I actually buy?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
YEAH Just buy the Micro Trans you bigots, what are you some CIS white male? Only a CIS white male wouldn't ENJOY buying micro trans!

---

Such a dumb take..none of us are hurting for the funds to buy the game. Most of the people balking at paying are irritated because we KNOW it won't be the last time they try to wring pennies from us. Fuck, the epilogue basically says that you better be ready for paid seasonal updates so we can..

find out what diversity asian does with mephisto...also what a fucking dumb take from Lothar'ogar with his bullshit virtuing about "we aren't going to heed her wishes?" by not going after her. What the fuck you moron, you know she's carrying around a prime evil in her back pocket...a being that attracts danger...and you wanna just be like "WELL SHE SAID TO LET HER GO SO OKAY WE WILL". that epilogue was some dog shit takes for the sake of "UP NEXT ON DRAGON BALL Z" levels of seasonal paid updates.
The post I quoted was referring to the "worth" of the game in a dollar sense which is why I brought up dollars at all. I'm obviously not saying people are poor if they don't buy it. The point is if you believe you would spend a meaningful amount of time playing the game, then to me price shouldn't really be a factor if it's only the difference of a few fast food lunches.

and yes i hate blizzard but i mean....it's diablo man? d3 wasn't too bad.

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users