Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Damn. I was going to try Sorc. Guess I'll try Druid. I can't go thru a horrid leveling experience again after Barb.
awkward bro hug GIF

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Arc lash still shit fucks everything with no effort, ice shards also easy mode game play. And firewall is decent not sure about all the boohoo shit.

The gear being trash ass is a problem not limited to class, same with paragon/glyph faggotry. Sake with the lame retard builder spender dynamic... these are core trash ass game design not class ones. Sorc is fine, sounds more like some git gud issues.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was having fun with arc lash and chain lightning but getting bored so switched to ice shards, I think I did it a bit early as I’m struggling with mana a lot. Probably should have waited until I was closer to 70.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Arc Lash with fireball and then firebolt enchants annihilates everything while levelling, gives you self healing so you never need to pot. I used chain lightning as a mana dump which randomly kills most of the annoying ranged shit so you dont have to run them down. So sorc levelling is not horrible but you are pretty much restricted to one main ability which does suck.
It's definitely not like D2 where you could spam spells pretty much forever while levelling.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Damn. I was going to try Sorc. Guess I'll try Druid. I can't go thru a horrid leveling experience again after Barb.
Sorc isn’t a bad leveling experience, it actually goes pretty well. It’s not until late game where they fall behind every other class

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This post actually does a pretty good job of summing up the issues with sorc without going into issues that every class has

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just wait till you switch to the one viable build and then try to gear it. Sorcerer really flaunts how blazingly shit D4's loot is. Sorcerer has a very narrow window of viable loot which makes it a complete pain in the nuts to find upgrades for. I'm L70 and still wearing gear from L 50 in some slots, and I only have a few L60+ items.

And then there's the paragon board gayness. I looked at board 4, and it can straight up be skipped in its entirety save for the glyph slot.

Skill tree similarly sucks. Nothing worth choosing from mastery and conjuration.

Oh wait, sorcerer a ranged class? The only viable build puts you in melee range of everything. Fine for lower levels, but not so great when things start hitting hard.

And then the loot...there's only two unique for the one viable build...no frost weapon at all.
I mean, finding gear for my druid is hard too, especially since most of the few uniques I find that are actually druid uniques are for werewolf/werebear and i'm neither. I've found like 7 pairs of frostburn tho, yay? I'm not too upset about loot, though, as hopefully that will see improvements quickly. I was just surprised at how absolutely terrible the damage on every single fire skill was. My druid started steamrolling trash mobs (1 shotting everything that landslides hit) by level 51 or something, not long after getting to t3, and that was with none of the renown paragon or anything. My sorc can barely kill half a pack with the fire snake ultimate (dunno the name off top of my head) pulling everything to the center and then spamming meteors for the duration at 0 mana cost, with all the renown paragon points at level 50. Hydras and firewalls also just tickle things to death slowly over the course of 30 seconds as I run in circles barely able to recast them when they vanish due to mana.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So, hilariously, I swore I wasn't going to get this.

Then I had just the most brutal three days at work and said Fuck it.

And, first it asked me to update my drivers for my 3080 Ti. Um, ok.

Now I cannot get in because it looks like their Subscription Servers have been fucked for a couple of hours and cannot verify licenses.

Nice. Just your typical kick in the fucking nuts.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, hilariously, I swore I wasn't going to get this.

Then I had just the most brutal three days at work and said Fuck it.

And, first it asked me to update my drivers for my 3080 Ti. Um, ok.

Now I cannot get in because it looks like their Subscription Servers have been fucked for a couple of hours and cannot verify licenses.

Nice. Just your typical kick in the fucking nuts.

When it rains, it pours.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean, finding gear for my druid is hard too, especially since most of the few uniques I find that are actually druid uniques are for werewolf/werebear and i'm neither. I've found like 7 pairs of frostburn tho, yay? I'm not too upset about loot, though, as hopefully that will see improvements quickly. I was just surprised at how absolutely terrible the damage on every single fire skill was. My druid started steamrolling trash mobs (1 shotting everything that landslides hit) by level 51 or something, not long after getting to t3, and that was with none of the renown paragon or anything. My sorc can barely kill half a pack with the fire snake ultimate (dunno the name off top of my head) pulling everything to the center and then spamming meteors for the duration at 0 mana cost, with all the renown paragon points at level 50. Hydras and firewalls also just tickle things to death slowly over the course of 30 seconds as I run in circles barely able to recast them when they vanish due to mana.

Jesus shit you are bad if you can't kill basic mob packs with any class.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Am doing NM dungeons around 38 at level 73 with a ww barb.

Feels good since I miss about half of the gear the build needs.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"I played this game for 300 hours in the past month. Here's my 25 page paper on why it sucks."

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 8 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Come on that's disingenuous. Especially with a game like this.
Why? You know what I do when I play a game that I think is totally shit? I stop playing it. I've had many a game over the years that I just had no fun with and thus ended up with less than 10 hours of playtime. Not very many games where I put in 50-200 hours a week for 1-4 weeks while screaming online about how it's the literal worst game ever in the history of games.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users