Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

fris

Vyemm Raider
are sorcerers the most frustrating class? i was looking up other builds, considering various options that use different rotations and are either more shard/blizzard/teleport focused. then i talk to a friend that has a warrior, he just smashes his 3 roar skills(?) and hold whirlwind until the dungeon is clear including face tanking butcher. then I talk to my brother who plays a druid on console and he smashes 3 buttons and moves 1 joystick until the dungeon is clear. I feel like sorcs are the only ones that spam their pots and get randomly 1 shot

can't wait till season 1 when I try a new class. trying to decide best class that will partner with a rogue

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 2 will be the time to roll a Sorcerer. They'll have their Season 1 buffs plus resistances should be fixed.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
are sorcerers the most frustrating class? i was looking up other builds, considering various options that use different rotations and are either more shard/blizzard/teleport focused. then i talk to a friend that has a warrior, he just smashes his 3 roar skills(?) and hold whirlwind until the dungeon is clear including face tanking butcher. then I talk to my brother who plays a druid on console and he smashes 3 buttons and moves 1 joystick until the dungeon is clear. I feel like sorcs are the only ones that spam their pots and get randomly 1 shot

can't wait till season 1 when I try a new class. trying to decide best class that will partner with a rogue

Comparison is the thief of joy.

My sorc is lvl 78 now, I have not run into any problems. Yes, he's squishy, yes I die probably more than other classes would, but I don't have any problems clearing content so far. I'm sure as I get higher it will get even more difficult, but honestly death penalty is almost zero, just the run back time sucks. It's probably not as mindless as other classes, I have to time my cooldowns carefully, aim teleport effectively, learn how to bounce in and out of packs....but is that necessarily a bad thing? Keeps my mind more engaged.

I am looking forward to trying out a different class for Season 1 though. Originally I was going druid, but I just rolled a HC druid to see how far I could get, so I think for S1 I will try rogue or necro.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

my wife is a rogue and i'm a necro, we have at 80, we do dungeons were mobs are 8lvsls higher (tier 35?), and we're fine. our playstyle is kinda hectic, we just run around in the zone until we see the objective (free guy/pick up stone, etc), pickup a huge train and just goto town. idk what build she does, she just stays in the middle of the chaos and i run around w/ bloodmist corpse exploding everything. it all dies and we train and run around trying to find the next objective, of course we use pots while we're training cuz we're both squishy and we haven't built up barrier/fortify while you train, but during the fight seems fine.

the only issue i have is butcher, we kill him just fine, but i have to kite him into a room w/ adds so i can make corpses to explode on him, can't just kill him in the room if he spawns solo

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rogue is the only thing I’ve played to “endgame”. I can recommend it at a thoroughly fun class. Think I’m going Barb for Season 1.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm I want something that doesn't rely on resource so heavily. That shit sucked for druid and I hear sorc can be just as bad?

How is ranged rogue or necro bonespirit/spear in that regard?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently you can only trade rares, still good though. Thorns barb looks hella fun.
Rogue relies on energy but lot of ways to regain energy and only gets easier with higher levels. By time I’m out of energy the mobs are dead plus we get ability that gives us unlimited energy for a few seconds and that’s where we blow single target shit up fast.

i wanna try rogue for pvp cause we can stun lock forever too.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Here's that gay German guy with an interesting video on the cost of rerolling affixes via some website's calculations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Druid resource issue is overblown. They are stacked with great cooldown abilities on reasonable timers and if you are pulverize you are basically doing Maul Maul Pulverize with every second pulverize melting the screen anyhow.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Necro "best" build (Bone Spear) is super squishy too, but necro can fall back onto a couple very tanky/pet tank builds, that just don't clear as fast.

• 1Truth!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Rogue and sorc are similar in that sense. You're popping potions. Difference is you can play rogue at a very high skill level and avoid or build out of being a potion guzzler.

That's what I told my guildmate the other day for S1. Not really excited about it--- but I'll roll a barb or druid no problem for the autocruise AFK style gameplay that come along with those classes. If you aren't that into S1, and don't want to put it a lot into it, those are the two picks I'd recommend.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Joe Shely confirmed nerfs are coming in Tuesday's patch, I'd put Druid and Rogue right at the top of classes getting hit. He didn't say anything about buffs other than that they can't always just buff stuff

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Crippling Druid's fortify and overall damage output is necessary for the pre-season. I expect the rogue nerfs to be mild in comparison.

• 1Salty

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Hmm I want something that doesn't rely on resource so heavily. That shit sucked for druid and I hear sorc can be just as bad?

How is ranged rogue or necro bonespirit/spear in that regard?

I play an arc lash sorc which is like zero resource. The pro is that the play style is very lazy when stuff is easy - open world stuff, quests, whisper stuff, regular dungeons.....you just aim towards mobs and kill, it doesn't use mana.

The downside is the class is squishy, so at higher levels (NM dungeons, helltide) you need to worry about cooldowns, instead of worring about resource. You gather up mobs, pop your cooldowns, hit unstable currents, and everything dies. If things don't die (rare)....you have to teleport out, kite, and wait for cooldowns to reset. For regular stuff, just frost nova and charged bolts, which hit like a shot gun. Charged bolts is resource dependent, however I got the unique staff (Staff of Lam Esen) that restores resource with hits, which lets me spam bolts.

To mitigate how fragile my character is, I took a bunch of defensive aspects, like the one that gives me a 6% chance to refresh one of my defensive cooldowns when I get hit, another grants me immunity when I get injured, another gives me a barrier....etc. This way I almost always have a barrier up, otherwise I have to spam potions to stay alive.

I'm also not optimized, since I don't use any cookie cutter builds, I've never looked up a build on any website, just picked stuff that made sense to me based on my past Diablo exp. If I ever hit a wall then I think I would have to optimize my build by getting recommendations, but as of now (lvl 78) I'm still doing OK.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joe Shely confirmed nerfs are coming in Tuesday's patch, I'd put Druid and Rogue right at the top of classes getting hit. He didn't say anything about buffs other than that they can't always just buff stuff

Of course, nerf all the fun. I still scoff when they say they cant just buff. What liars. It's a season, its a vacuum as you(the developers) stated. You can do whatever you wanted, its temporary and ends when season ends. Who gives a shit if you end up with everyone being powerful and fun, especially in your first season. But no, they will take the easy way out and blame balance or some such as their reasons.

Most likely it will be like Mkopec said, a few seasons in, when they realize seasons is all they have, before they start trying things. Hopefully doesn't take as long as it did in d3.

• 1Solidarity

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Rogue is the only thing I’ve played to “endgame”. I can recommend it at a thoroughly fun class. Think I’m going Barb for Season 1.
Barb at level 78 is pretty fun, I'd recommend it.

Sucks that you're essentially limited to a WW/HOTA/Death Blow build though, but my Hota build is pretty fun, went a lil away from the maxroll recommendation since I didnt want to have 3 shouts, but overall pretty consistent dmg.

Granted, I'm only soloing t34-t37 so I am sure I'd need to refine it further if I gave a fuck about uber Lilith or NM100, but having fun casually hasn't been an issue.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I pretty much stopped playing in the 80's but the proper Arc Lash build is just as easy and I pretty much can kill anything without effort. I tried the build Mizake was talking about at lower levels and it was ok but ended up being ass since you have to worry about cooldowns. With the proper arc lash build you never even give a single rats ass shit about mana, you just buttfuck plow all monsters without any effort required at all.

As for it being squishy, yes you can be there are random fag mobs that 1 shot you in the NM 50+ range it's pretty much just this little American Inventor faggot here. Deadliest mob in the game everything else is piss easy.

kc7byzazs89b1.jpg

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The devs are all trannies who moderate discorda and subreddits in their spare time, they know they don't have the resources for moderation and know how much effort it takes to protect groomers. So no chat.
On their own time? Do you really think all those fat trannies were working at twitter? I'll bet money a lot of those mongloids got let into tech just so someone could subsidize their reddit bullshit.

• 1Like