Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The game isn’t finished, it should have released with an early access tag at best, or even better just cooked longer and released a year from now.

Yeah I don’t see any way I come back after this season until at least Season 4. Will probably forget about for multiple years like I did for D3 and see what they’ve got they finally drop an expansion.

They want us to farm S1 for worse items than we had before the season started. "Hey do that again, but for even worse loot in a game that already has loot problems"

Which is why the pre-season patch was so poorly received.

What I'd do immediately to add some endgame if I was Shelly is remove all junk stats off all uniques. Replace all unique item affixes with meaningful stats only. No unique should have junk stats that don't apply to a build. Make uniques worth farming for all classes. A full overhaul on all uniques could provide some type of ARPG endgame without too much dev time. But the D4 team doesn't seem to understand loot and ARPG's at all, so give that several years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe it's the 20yrs of DMing in me. But like this is all stuff that should be so obvious it ounces them in the face.
You can't expect Blizzard to employ people with an interest in gaming, playing games and running their own games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
They want us to farm S1 for worse items than we had before the season started. "Hey do that again, but for even worse loot in a game that already has loot problems"

Which is why the pre-season patch was so poorly received.

What I'd do immediately to add some endgame if I was Shelly is remove all junk stats off all uniques. Replace all unique item affixes with meaningful stats only. No unique should have junk stats that don't apply to a build. Make uniques worth farming for all classes. A full overhaul on all uniques could provide some type of ARPG endgame without too much dev time. But the D4 team doesn't seem to understand loot and ARPG's at all, so give that several years.
Yeah, the uniques overall are pretty horrible, aside from the "you'll-most-likely-never-see" ones, my Eternal char had the temerity pants just for the doubled healthbar, but even that seems like lazy design. IDK, planned to make a rogue for S2, but unless a miracle happens, it won't be worth the effort leveling from scratch again :(

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the uniques overall are pretty horrible, aside from the "you'll-most-likely-never-see" ones, my Eternal char had the temerity pants just for the doubled healthbar, but even that seems like lazy design. IDK, planned to make a rogue for S2, but unless a miracle happens, it won't be worth the effort leveling from scratch again :(

Heh, I finally saw my first temerity the week before S1 launched :|

Not sure I'm up for a S2 either, but I'll have probably not regularly played for a couple months by then, so we'll see.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Heh, I finally saw my first temerity the week before S1 launched :|

Not sure I'm up for a S2 either, but I'll have probably not regularly played for a couple months by then, so we'll see.
Yeah thats a good point, once I hit 70-80 I'll probably just stop playing, too, so if the next season is appealing maybe I will jump back into it.

Just wish they had some incentive for your first eternal char to gain shit after each completed season depending on how much you accomplished, would be awesome.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Just wish they had some incentive for your first eternal char to gain shit after each completed season depending on how much you accomplished, would be awesome.

This is the no brainer part of seasons that they completely flubbed. Leveling new characters over and over to no long term gain is just drudgery.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Regrinding renown just to get out of the “chores” phase before I get back to the grinding dungeons for 1% upgrades is killing my will to ever touch this again.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Regrinding renown just to get out of the “chores” phase before I get back to the grinding dungeons for 1% upgrades is killing my will to ever touch this again.
yea i feel same way... game play is fun but just seems pointless

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I can’t get over how long it takes to level and the season will be over in October. How do these losers have 5 level 100 characters on eternal.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They let sock sniffers on maxroll balance the whole game.

They're the ones who had the perfect items and min-maxing that led to the item/stat nerf apocalypse as well.

Leaving us no real carrot-- or any items worth a fuck to chase after level 50-70.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Got the barber wrathful heart and some of my corpse explosions are doing 1.3 mil. Screw bone spear. I have 100% uptime on bloodmist, auto casting decrepify, corpse explosion and tendrils lol. Necro is easy mode.

apparently if you don’t finish the last part of the seasonal quest and keep killing varshan over and over he always drops a wrathful heart. Otherwise you’re running tunnels ofer and over hoping for a wrathful npc. Took me about 2 hours to get a barber one. Got like 7 wrathful hearts total.

waiting for black scythe to drop and pair those with fists of fate I heard that’s a ridiculous combo for dot users. Bummer doing higher tier sigil isn’t better xp. Raping 112 level mobs at 73.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1690485574537.png

• 13Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 15 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I said a month back there doesn't seem to be a vision for this game. It's either a live service game, or it isn't. They haven't spent any development time in closed beta figuring out what type of game they want it to be.

Joe Shelly doesn't seem like he's prepared to answer that question anytime soon. We're getting rifts in season 3 or 4 like that's some kind of concession the open world is a failure I guess. They quickly accepted players don't want to interact with the world when they made the NM dungeon teleport change. That means rifts will likely not require any interaction with the open world either, unless they attach some slog currency grind to create stuff to open them/buff them.

Drastically nerfing stats on items people farmed in what little endgame they had killed it.

They took the top rolls and items people wanted, made them less powerful and desirable. Core players never saw any of these rolls on items. Only hardcores saw these nice rolled items-- yet it was taken away as a carrot for everyone across the board. The game couldn't afford to lose what little carrots loot had.
They can't even decide their genders, why would you think they can decide what this game is ? maybe it's Genrefluid

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They can't even decide their genders, why would you think they can decide what this game is ? maybe it's Genrefluid

So its both a game and not a game at the same time. Honestly that makes as much sense as anything else from these trashcepitcals put out.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm actually having fun playing trampleslide with the aspect that heals you when you shapeshift. You're constantly in and out of bear form using storm strike as a generator or maintaining perma-hurricane. And the Vasily prayer unique helm makes Landslide an werebear skill as your spirit dump. Even with the Nature's Fury aspect cooldown nerf sticking it on an ammy makes it essentially cooldown free.

Tldr: Game is still fucked, but I found a way to enjoy it.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm actually having fun playing trampleslide with the aspect that heals you when you shapeshift. You're constantly in and out of bear form using storm strike as a generator or maintaining perma-hurricane. And the Vasily prayer unique helm makes Landslide an werebear skill as your spirit dump. Even with the Nature's Fury aspect cooldown nerf sticking it on an ammy makes it essentially cooldown free.

Tldr: Game is still fucked, but I found a way to enjoy it.

Yeah my barb finally started to feel somewhat powerful after the initial paragon pts were spent, still not like prepatch but not bad either. Hoping the coming patch for barbs/sorcs helps too assuming I dont have to wait another month for it to happen.

Bright side is my RL friend is lacking on his necro so I get to slow down for him to catch up and not feel like I'm missing out.

Definitely gonna take an insane S2 for me to start over again, though.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Hitting the world boss in wt4 for 14mil with corpse explosion. Might roll an alt, necro too easy.

like most people say there’s nothing to do after 70 really. I have all 770-814 item level ancestral gear with most of the stats I need. Rarely find upgrades. So what’s point of going to level 100. Almost rather make an alt. At least poe had other things to do and I could sell/trade things. S2 better be wild for me to play again

really wanted that ring of Mendel to try minion build but no luck yet

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like some are still having fun, that's good.

I'll come back to this probably in 2-4 seasons when things are a bit more fleshed out, more QoL is there and such. Maybe a bit more "oh shit we're falling" will light a fire under someone.

Could also see the effects of the Microsoft buyout by then(if there is one).

• 1Like