Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Most lag I seen is around legion and world bosses. When I’m doing nmd it’s fine and I’m on steam deck

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That does, gives me some variables. My PS5 was purchased in early 2021, and I stand it vertical.

Still confused why it's only D4 that does this, but like I said it's entirely possible it is indeed an overheating issue just because D4's coding is garbage. Might try horizontal, and/or try cleaning out the vents.
cleaning out vents or putting it horizontal wouldn't explain why only d4 crashes and elden ring is just dandy

maybe your install of d4 is corrupted

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
cleaning out vents or putting it horizontal wouldn't explain why only d4 crashes and elden ring is just dandy

maybe your install of d4 is corrupted

Yeah I've re-installed it twice already, it's not that.

-edit- even moved it from my SSD expansion to the core hard drive just in case the SSD was overheating.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing on PS5 couch co-op? Lanx Lanx right?

Since release, this fucking game has crashed on me and my wife every 1-2 hours or so. It's goddamn infuriating that it hasn't been fixed yet. I've tried to search the webs for what the fuck is going on, but all I get are generic IT style "try turning it off and on" type shit. Some have suggested it's overheating, but my PS5 has been used a lot since I got it, and I've played probably 40 games on it, some of them quite demanding (Elden Ring, Assassin's Creed games, etc) and not a single one has ever crashed until D4.

I'm 99.9% sure it's D4's issue, likely a memory leak, or maybe it's overheating but it would only be because D4 is coded like shit because again, no other game has done this even after 8-10 hour sessions. I'm pretty sure it only happens in couch co-op, I don't think it ever crashed on us when we were playing solo.

Goddamn frustrating, wondering if anyone else is dealing with it. I want to enjoy playing it for my wife because she's enjoying it (and I can in a brainless way despite the game's many, MANY, drawbacks), but the crashing is really starting to take its toll.

i play on PS5 couch-coop with gf. Also PS4 when at her place.

No crashing on PS5 lately, however, when we do crash it's almost always inventory related, like we are buying/selling/salvaging at the same time at blacksmith with both windows open. Game will occasionally freeze then. Our workaround has been we don't visit the blacksmith or other vendor simultaneously.

Interestingly, it never crashes on PS4. So I think it's a PS5 issue not a D4 issue. The bad thing about playing on PS4 is lag and load in times, which are much worse compared to PS5.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

HOTFIX 6 - AUGUST 9, 2023 - 1.1.1
This hotfix is currently being deployed and should be complete in the next few hours.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the Shadow Clone from the Trickery Malignant Heart did not taunt enemies.
Seasonal Bug Fixes
  • The drop rate and craft chance for Wrathful Hearts and Invokers has been increased.
    • The previous chance to get a Wrathful Invoker from crafting an Uncertain Invoker was 3%.
      • The chance is now 15%.
    • Previous chance to get a Wrathful Heart from crafting an Uncertain Heart was 2%.
      • The chance is now 10%.
    • Wrathful Invokers now also have a chance to drop from elites in addition to other Invokers.
Miscellaneous
  • Further Stability improvements.

Barber's for all!

EDIT got a wraithful invoker on my first dungeon after never getting one.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Barber's for all!

EDIT got a wraithful invoker on my first dungeon after never getting one.
Strange. G/f and I are only in our 50's but we see them all the time. Have 3 barbers from 2.0 to 2.1 stock piled.

G/f's intent on finishing the season, but at this pace - I dont think we will. I personally dont give a shit, but thats besides the point apparently. lol

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You've gotten lots of wraitful invokers?
Oh, I guess you meant the actual summoning key itself. Thought you meant a wrathful elite that drops the barbers. The only thing the key is good for at this point would just be to get the battle pass points Im thinking.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yuu can use the invokers at the end of a tunnel to guarantee a wraithful spawn

Goonsquad Officer
Anyone still playing after bg3 drop?
Never picked it up. Im kind of a "wait 18 months and see If the blizard product is still a turd" kinda guy. Since about wings of liberty.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Nm / Helltide density increase is awesome, feel slightly stronger playing my Barb as well, still don't see any point to keep going beyond level 80 or so.

Will likely stop at that point and come back a few seasons later to see if it got any better in terms of end-game content. Doubt it, but we shall see.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's going to be greater rifts in terms of "getting better" and not until season 3.

I don't expect anything on itemization for at least a few years.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Adding density to a piece of shit simply makes it a denser piece of shit.

Patch notes ain't fixing shit when they need to scrap the whole thing thing in start anew.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

Patch notes ain't fixing shit when they need to scrap the whole thing thing in start anew.
That won't happen until... Season 6, I'm afraid.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

The density changes didn't really do anything for the mid-game slog. While it feels better combat-wise, and picks up the pace, low tier nightmare is still trash exp.

The slog doesn't pick up unless you are one of the builds that can do t40 NM very early and very fast (and I mean fucking fast). I.E. druid and to a lesser extent necro this season. That's the only time the leveling curve feels "appropriate" for the effort vs amount of fun to be had grinding this piece of shit game. You literally have to be one of the broken specs with high mobility and able to absolutely curb stomp through high NM to make the game feel like it should in terms of items and experience gains.

That's a swing and a miss that'll have to be addressed before anyone who was put off the game returns for any future seasons. A slog is fine if there is some fun or some carrots in it. We know we aren't getting carrots or fun-- so getting the slog addressed is the only thing that might bring people back for another season.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The density changes didn't really do anything for the mid-game slog. While it feels better combat-wise, and picks up the pace, low tier nightmare is still trash exp.

The slog doesn't pick up unless you are one of the builds that can do t40 NM very early and very fast (and I mean fucking fast). I.E. druid and to a lesser extent necro this season. That's the only time the leveling curve feels "appropriate" for the effort vs amount of fun to be had grinding this piece of shit game. You literally have to be one of the broken specs with high mobility and able to absolutely curb stomp through high NM to make the game feel like it should in terms of items and experience gains.

That's a swing and a miss that'll have to be addressed before anyone who was put off the game returns for any future seasons. A slog is fine if there is some fun or some carrots in it. We know we aren't getting carrots or fun-- so getting the slog addressed is the only thing that might bring people back for another season.
The Problem they have now is that rather than having the summer all to themselves, they are facing a veritable Murderers' Row of competition, at least 2 but up to 4 MORE Possible GOTYs/Super highly anticipated releases (BG3, Starfield, Armor Core 6, Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty, along with Remnant 2) and whatever else comes out in Aug/Sept. competing for gaming time. It doesn't matter how much fun your moment to moment gameplay is if all of the long term systems are mid-to-blow and you have burned tons of player good will by specifically targeting fun builds first rather than building up weak builds while you were doing so.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
played last night (weeknights we play at most 2hrs cuz you know)

anyone notice all the spawn timers is off? logged 30mins b/4 the timer for worldboss was up but he was gonna spawn in 10min

i just use helltides and d4planner, both were wrongish

guarantee'd legendary makes the legions and chasing after the goblin worthwhile, nitemares feel nerfed, we were doing 21 as an appropriate challenge, and 22's were too easy don't have a anymore higher levels yet