Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Blizzard set the expectations for the product, not I.

The expectations from folks like us were based on old Blizzard.

Old blizzard has been gone a long time, and based on their all-round performance the last 5+ years we should have expected a 7/10 short term game with a lot of blatant 2/10 design calls.

Which is what we got.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The expectations from folks like us were based on old Blizzard.

Old blizzard has been gone a long time, and based on their all-round performance the last 5+ years we should have expected a 7/10 short term game with a lot of blatant 2/10 design calls.

Which is what we got.
Right but my point is this wasn't released as a single player game like D1 or even a coop capable version like D2. This was supposed to be an evergreen live service.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Right but my point is this wasn't released as a single player game like D1 or even a coop capable version like D2. This was supposed to be an evergreen live service.

Here's the proper analogy for you: you hired a hooker for an hour, but you splooged in 30 seconds. Did you still get your money's worth?

And it is a live service. I'm not here to say the game is in a good place currently, it's in a shitty place, and I really feel like no matter how much they try and turn things around, it's still going to be a failure, because they people who are behind the game aren't good at making games.

That being said, as a live service, they will continue to try and improve the game. So if you got 40-60 hours SO FAR, I'd say that's pretty good. How many games have you sunk 40-60 hours in? My guess is not many. Even someone like Asmongold is likely to revisit D4 at some point in the future, which would just add to his 40-60 hour commitment.

I mean, have you ever played a game like Call of Duty? Do you still play? If you don't play, do you think the game is somehow a failure? I played the latest COD: MW, far fewer hours than D4, but I still wouldn't consider it necessarily a failure considering that if I wanted to I could log in at any time and still play.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Even if this game was touted as some 1000 hour experience (I would like to see this) no one in their right mind is going to play a game, maybe aside a mmorpg, for 1000s of hours. These arpg are seasonal games, meaning that most people will jump on a brand new fresh season and play it until they get bored again. For some it might be 20 hours and others it might be 100. But most end up quitting and waiting for the next season or take time off and wait a few seasons between trying it again.

These games are not live service games like Destiny or others like it. These games are seasonal and I would still like to see this 1000 hour promise that blizzard made you.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Even if this game was touted as some 1000 hour experience (I would like to see this) no one in their right mind is going to play a game, maybe aside a mmorpg, for 1000s of hours.
luke-cage.gif

image_2023-09-27_162743127.png

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 9 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Even if this game was touted as some 1000 hour experience (I would like to see this) no one in their right mind is going to play a game, maybe aside a mmorpg, for 1000s of hours. These arpg are seasonal games, meaning that most people will jump on a brand new fresh season and play it until they get bored again. For some it might be 20 hours and others it might be 100. But most end up quitting and waiting for the next season or take time off and wait a few seasons between trying it again.

These games are not live service games like Destiny or others like it. These games are seasonal and I would still like to see this 1000 hour promise that blizzard made you.
Pretty sure my WoW main has 10k hours lol.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

I have thousands of hours in PoE at this point.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I played it like a one and done single player game and regret nothing.

It was fun and I don’t feel ripped off in the slightest but I stand by my previous post of “opportunity squandered”

might check back in a few seasons but the thrill is gone..

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I played it like a one and done single player game and regret nothing.

It was fun and I don’t feel ripped off in the slightest but I stand by my previous post of “opportunity squandered”

might check back in a few seasons but the thrill is gone..
At this point if I had a choice between doing some endgame shit either on D4 or D3 - I'd start up my 10+ year old D3 account in a heart beat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This game is one huge disappointment. I haven’t touched it since the 3rd day of season 1. I just can’t bear playing it any longer. I stupidly gave them the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn’t screw this game up but was I dead wrong. During the closed beta test we gave them tons of feedback and explained how the end game is boring and nonexistent and nothing was done about it. The games looks, sounds and plays good. That’s it!!! No crafting, no good skill system, no modern QoL features, no endgame, shitty loot and itemization. It’s just a generic empty shell of a ARPG. Nothing new was done and they were afraid to take chances. I’ve come to the hard realization my favorite gaming franchise is dead. I wish Blizzard would just stop making Diablo games and lay it to rest or sell the IP to someone else who cares. Thankfully there’s Path of Exile and Last Epoch (which I been playing the hell out of) to keep me busy until PoE2.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I certainly can't say that I was very disappointed in the title.

I grew up with D1 and D2, really enjoyed and had fun with D3.....it was really hard to imagine D4 would be such a dumpster fire.

I didn't mind the graphics and sound, even though I still think 3 is better in that dept, but the overworld, the dungeons, and most importantly...the loot system...was fucking abysmal.

I managed to finish the campaign once and had zero desire to ever log in and do it again...much less each season.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If someone got their 40 hours and went on the record about it I'm not going to call it any different.

Cinge Cinge Keep looking for strawmen.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

1695862098125.png

Amateurs

• 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Game is a box of cornflakes that someone took a shit in, just because the shit is at the bottom and you don't realize it until you eat a couple of bowls first doesn't make it any better. In fact it makes it worse.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like