Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
You can always force what weapon you want to use for each skill, just kinda a pain to figure out. hit s then hover the mouse over the skill you want to change, then use middle click to change it. Those are the default keybinds.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So like many others have said. Diablo 4 1.0.

It just feels very good to play now. The new Codex is awesome and should have been like this from the beginning. Less affixes on items and being able to craft two more that you need is nice. The experience grind feel way better as I'm no poopsocker. Getting Glyphs to 15 is doable now and not being a total snooze fest with no end.

The Necro is very strong and the builds are easier to get up and running with the Codex and Imprinting. Minions are just smashing through everything.

Only at level 88 so far and have done the optional bosses at least once (one click on golem skill and they died). Have not tried any Ubers as of yet so not sure how anoying they are.

Just looked at the clock and I seem to have been killing shit in Helltide for 5 hours without noticing that the whole day is gone.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My only issue with the new aspect codex system is sacred vs ancestral and having to get a higher tier ancestral to overwrite the sacred even if a lower tier ancestral is much better.

I'm still stuck on 15/16 sacred aspect for barrier on hitting elite. It's like 1.8k and I'm getting 8k+ ancestry aspect barriers, but on shit gear. But can't save to codex because it's technically a lower tier.

Same is happening with juggernaut armor aspects.

And neither seem to drop very frequently, or at least have such a broad tier spectrum it's been shit having to wait to get the perfect version to be able to use it at all since they're pretty fundamental aspects for quite a few builds and play styles.

Burning obols gambling on gear I don't need just hoping to get a perfect aspect to be able to effectively use the aspect at all. Not ideal gameplay loop.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hit 72, think I'm done.

Game breadcrumbs you to the leaderboard thing which is double your level and one shots you. OK, not a big deal it's some motivation for later...

Except you can't leave. Popup says to quit via the leaderboard UI. The what!? Had to google that it's in the challenges tab.

Try and hit up the endgame bosses, I have to look for the tiny symbol on the map. Beat the lv75 crusader flail golem thing, go to the next lv75 one... don't recognise it... check it's not Andariel... well Duriel is lv100 so can't be. Go in and it's Andariel and I don't have the items for it. Can't do the one by Whisper tree because I have 20 of each mat but WT4 needs hearts I don't have yet. Nothing is properly signposted as to what the fuck to do or what I need.

So I go back to walking around the helltide summoning area, get some Malignant Hearts but I start to suspect that I could drop Bone Spirit one shots from my build and just go all in with auto attack minions and become braindead.

Anyway so I climb up onto the roof at Last Light Inn and snipe Isobel from there. Her moonsheild falls and the entire questhub turns into zombies from the shadowcurse, I deceive Jaheria into thinking it was a "terrible accident" and she fights with me. She drops some helpful hailstorm aoes but cursed thorns from the earth itself rise to take her. I wipe it all out, get half a level and loot the place. That night Bhaal himself rewards me with the form of the slayer.

That's what a video game should sound like, that was about 20 mins of BG3. In my first playthrough I helped those people instead of slaughtering them. I didn't walk around three glowing rocks hitting the same succubus enemy for hours.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How are you bad at Diablo 4? You are complaining you can’t do even basic shit with a Necro? You probably can kill normal Duriel with a blood golem at 72 that’s how strong these characters are currently. Shit I bet people out there mopping that shit in the 50s.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember this is Chris "I can play WOW just as good at high mythic plus keys with a controller as anyone else" the conquered man.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How are you bad at Diablo 4? You are complaining you can’t do even basic shit with a Necro? You probably can kill normal Duriel with a blood golem at 72 that’s how strong these characters are currently. Shit I bet people out there mopping that shit in the 50s.
I'm posting about one shotting elites and braindead minions killing everything, what are you talking about?

Daidraco

I'm posting about one shotting elites and braindead minions killing everything, what are you talking about?
Thats just it - we were trying to figure out what the fk you're talking about. :trump: 🌈

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Eh, Chris Chris can be retarded, but the game map is annoying scrolling around to find certain icons and a game telling you to find an exit button in a UI screen you wouldn't necessarily have ever looked at before is some lazy shit. And the game will bread crumb you to shit way early then not at all for other stuff. And Andariel can be a tricky fight early. And there are tons of "leet builds" that is just maxing minions in the most obvious way so you don't have to do anything, but the problem with nevro is it's already almost boring. Don't let me interrupt the cripple fight, though.

In 70s should be doing some nightmare dungeons to start getting more out of the Paragon board and starting to put the lesser bosses down for more targeted uniques. Plenty to do. Might just be bored. I was getting bored with minions stomping everything until I resoevced a few times and worked out a shadow minion mist build that isn't as overpowered but at least fun to play.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Played a Druid (played a druid for S1) and they feel awful this time around. Massive spirit management issues with WereNado (I am still not 100 though, but I didn't run into this type of issue in S1 playing WereNado), Lightning Storm hits a brickwall in early Pit from what I am reading, and standard werewolf melee seems mediocre aswell from what I am reading. Also, why do all the Druid cosmetics in the store look so awful compared to the rest?

Love the new Codex Aspect system though, haven't had to buy any additional bank slots to hoard aspects.

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Does late barbarian feel better? Doing upheaval build and constantly starved for fury, making it feel beyond terrible. Also when do I get full control of the arsenal system? This auto pick bullshit is dumb as fuck.
Barb very gear dependent. My Barb is 85 with all level 925 gear, gems, enchants, etc, on all slots. Steamrolling level 50-60 Nightmare dungeons easily with Whirldwind build. Also Helltides with the +10 brain modifier have been trivial solo since level 70.

Daidraco

I knew Sorcerers were glass cannons, but I didnt anticipate this level of squish. The Druid I had in release was a god damn monster and resists were flat out broken. I kill just as fast with the sorcerer and he's the very definition of a glass cannon. No wonder half the shit these guides is all defensive. "Look at all these fucking cool ass options you have available. Too bad you need to spin your boards to the most defensive fucking options you can get for your build!"

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Hit 72, think I'm done.

Game breadcrumbs you to the leaderboard thing which is double your level and one shots you. OK, not a big deal it's some motivation for later...

Except you can't leave. Popup says to quit via the leaderboard UI. The what!? Had to google that it's in the challenges tab.

Try and hit up the endgame bosses, I have to look for the tiny symbol on the map. Beat the lv75 crusader flail golem thing, go to the next lv75 one... don't recognise it... check it's not Andariel... well Duriel is lv100 so can't be. Go in and it's Andariel and I don't have the items for it. Can't do the one by Whisper tree because I have 20 of each mat but WT4 needs hearts I don't have yet. Nothing is properly signposted as to what the fuck to do or what I need.

So I go back to walking around the helltide summoning area, get some Malignant Hearts but I start to suspect that I could drop Bone Spirit one shots from my build and just go all in with auto attack minions and become braindead.

Anyway so I climb up onto the roof at Last Light Inn and snipe Isobel from there. Her moonsheild falls and the entire questhub turns into zombies from the shadowcurse, I deceive Jaheria into thinking it was a "terrible accident" and she fights with me. She drops some helpful hailstorm aoes but cursed thorns from the earth itself rise to take her. I wipe it all out, get half a level and loot the place. That night Bhaal himself rewards me with the form of the slayer.

That's what a video game should sound like, that was about 20 mins of BG3. In my first playthrough I helped those people instead of slaughtering them. I didn't walk around three glowing rocks hitting the same succubus enemy for hours.

Post this article on Kotaku and call it, “Boomer plays a video game.”

Are you retarded? D4 is like the easiest mode progression game I’ve ever played.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Shmoopy

Barb build. EZ mode farming with this. There's also an OP Bash build that is better single target DPS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user