Disc Golf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've played disc golf a handful of times and obviously there are trees, but that course was ridiculous.

It's also bad for television. They don't have great cameramen, it's disc golf, I get it. But you literally could not see what or where anything was going.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I play a lot and have played for over 30 years and it was one of my favorite courses ever to see a championship on. It's tight sure, crowds are difficult there and there are tons of trees.

The upside, it's great disc golf. Anyone that has skills thinks they could beat half the pros there on a course like that. The lines are fair, balanced and open to extraordinary plays. When I watched I was constantly saying something like, why aren't they playing smarter. I'd just throw 2 medium long throws. Deep down I know it's a lie.

I've played with plenty of top pros including two that finished in the top ten this year. One thing for sure, they had fun and they were actually challenged. That happens less than you think. It's why so many tournaments have tight spreads, one mistake and you're out. It's actually boring.

Golf courses are good for crowds and that's about it. It makes for boring video. I'm hoping they keep this format, 2 rounds for the distance guys and 3 for the reasonable distance with accuracy guys.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think the disconnect here is you have to be a high caliber disc golfer to appreciate that course. So most people won't. I think disc golf could be pretty interesting to watch but there has to be something enticing for people who aren't familiar with the game to draw them in. I honestly couldn't tell what was or was not a good shot on that course outside of a few holes (and that ridiculous birdie on 18). And I think that's a disservice to the game. There's obviously a tough balance to strike there considering how far under par they were anyway but there's got to be some way to have a more TV friendly course that's still challenging.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
MVP Open at Maple Hill tickets go on sale at noon today. Anyone in the area going to scope it out? I'll be going for the first time Sunday for finals. I was going to go last year but faggot ass covid. Super psyched for this even more after Worlds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Made it to the MVP Open this year. Scored 3 new discs and I even made it on to Jomez! I'm right behind Joel Freeman. That's an A1, Essence, and an Emac Truth. The A1 and Truth are dupes for me and I've been wanting an Essence for a while. I love it. The thing flies like a dream.

IMG_20210906_183207482.jpg

Capture-2.JPG

I was standing about 20 feet away from Calvin when he tossed this in. That was a bad ass moment to be a part of.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I got into it from 2007-2011. Loved it and played regularly.

The Greater Houston area courses for the most part are not as precision heavy, but very far in distance.

Then I blew my right knee and I dont feel comfortable putting all the torque I use to be able to do on it anymore after I got it repaired.

Picked up stick golf and really haven't played disc golf much since.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I had to switch hands because of my knee. Wasn’t the worst thing in the world to happen though since I was originally left hand backhand and right hand forehand.