Disney's Lorcana (trading card game)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah that will be an interesting case. The law tends to navigate issues like this very poorly.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Over a thousand people in line for the GenCon booth and launching online witch hunts over pictures of people cutting in line.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is definitely a collector/speculator aspect. Alan's been telling people not to invest, which usually means he's gone all in and is trying to get others to back out.

Hopefully they do follow up sets quickly, as gameplay will likely get stale quickly with only 240 cards

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is extremely fun. Planned releases are every 3 months so core set will likely get a bit stale. They fucked up product allocation so people are trying to get boxes to scalp them. My LGS is only getting like 10 boxes of boosters when they normally get like 10 pallets of Magic.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, box prices sound insane. You apparently get at least 2 rares a pack which makes 24 packs sound a bit less ass, but still a terrible cost ratio until this gets dumped at the big boxes in September

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would not spend over retail on this game unless you are flipping it and willing to risk the loss. Once that shit hits Walmart it will be easily available and prices will instantly drop.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There's no "flipping," prices are barely over MSRP. At Gen Con you could by boxes from "scalpers" for 200. The singles market is already way below expected value. Maybe prices go up when we have the actual release and people realize that LGSes got boned when it comes to actual allocation but the second wave is hitting in mid September anyways so it will get corrected pretty fast.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
There's no "flipping," prices are barely over MSRP. At Gen Con you could by boxes from "scalpers" for 200. The singles market is already way below expected value. Maybe prices go up when we have the actual release and people realize that LGSes got boned when it comes to actual allocation but the second wave is hitting in mid September anyways so it will get corrected pretty fast.
Preorders when up and sold out really fast at Best Buy already. Making it look like even the big box retailers won't be able to keep it in stock. You sure there isn't gonna be flipping?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Preorders when up and sold out really fast at Best Buy already. Making it look like even the big box retailers won't be able to keep it in stock. You sure there isn't gonna be flipping?

Are people really going to pay scalper prices for boxes when there's no official play this year and the supply issue will be solved in a month and a half? I don't see it happening.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are idiots. I sold my world's swag from GoT for enough that it paid for my trip to world's that year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

Unless your LGS is different than the few I know, the September restock is a whisper of a myth. My LGS is one of the largest for product, and are getting like 64 boxes for wave one, and like 24 in the september restock. Boxes, not cases. This is a store that for most TCGs would get around 1000 boxes, or more.

There is almost no chance this product stabilizes until October, and more likely not until Q1 2024.

However, yeah, unless you're planning on flipping to someone or just really want to play, there is no reason to pay over MSRP. there is nothing special about any of these printings, no first edition perks or markings, just a box of cards.

And GenCon was hilarious for it, cause it is a good mix of scalpers and people who just want to play and also families who want to play who arent core TCG players. Cause the line would be 1000s of people (roughly 2 to 3 city blocks on friday morning, the width of the convention center, then down to Lucas Oil for those familiar with the con center) at like 6am (doors open at 10), but once starter decks and accessories sold out, the line would vanish and if you just wanted to buy a box, you could essentially walk right up for about 90 minutes a day.

There were streamers there who would buy boxes for double retail to crack on their channels, cause they didnt want to stand in line. The first of each rarest card rarity were selling for roughly a grand a piece. And most vendors would buy the box from you for 200 to 250 (it cost 150 at the booth) and resell it at their booth for $300.

The game is also pretty fun, its basically MTG, with a few twist.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Luckily good guy Ravensburger realized six colors was too many to collect so made red a joke color outside of like three cards.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Unless your LGS is different than the few I know, the September restock is a whisper of a myth. My LGS is one of the largest for product, and are getting like 64 boxes for wave one, and like 24 in the september restock. Boxes, not cases. This is a store that for most TCGs would get around 1000 boxes, or more.

There is almost no chance this product stabilizes until October, and more likely not until Q1 2024.

64 boxes in wave one is impressive. I don't know the exact wave two allocation but my LGS told me that they received their wave two allocation and confirmed they would be able to fulfill my preorder of two master cases, as well as my friend's who also ordered two master cases.

...but considering the state of the secondary market, I'll probably just end up canceling my preorder. I don't care to crack sealed for this game.

Luckily good guy Ravensburger realized six colors was too many to collect so made red a joke color outside of like three cards.

Yeah but those three cards are still good enough to make the color worth running, especially in combination with something like Emerald where almost every card they have is gas and doesn't require synergy.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
64 boxes in wave one is impressive. I don't know the exact wave two allocation but my LGS told me that they received their wave two allocation and confirmed they would be able to fulfill my preorder of two master cases, as well as my friend's who also ordered two master cases.

Youre right, cause it is and I was wrong; I misremembered and in my head it was 16 cases, but it was actually 6 (i dont actually know if its 4 boxes per case, but I shorthand that in my brain when I need to remember box numbers), they are getting 24 boxes.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pixelborn is amazing and I recommend playing this game on it.

About 2 dozen games in and it's a pretty fun game.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The 3/3 for 3 Bodyguard Hercules plays a lot better than I thought it would. The difference between 2 attack bodyguards and 3 feels pretty big.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Are people really going to pay scalper prices for boxes when there's no official play this year and the supply issue will be solved in a month and a half? I don't see it happening.

Product is out at LGSs today and seeing sold listings of $250 for booster boxes on Ebay. People are paying scalper prices for boxes. Did you cancel your pre-orders?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Product is out at LGSs today and seeing sold listings of $250 for booster boxes on Ebay. People are paying scalper prices for boxes. Did you cancel your pre-orders?

I did. $250 is too low for the volume I wanted to move. Cost of shipping + time spent packing wasn't a better value proposition than just putting in more OT at my day jobs.

$250 is above MSRP but that's hardly "scalper prices." I was expecting at least $350 per box, with ideally $500+.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user