Doctor Who

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Apparently Kris Marshall is rumored to be the next doctor. Nothing official though.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIORhzY_ki1i7k9AZ4zNyvvnV3q4kBlhLXiiB2wqldwsBfwPQc
58162_1.jpg

One thing I read said they essentially want David Tennant 2.0 and they're not ready to risk a female doctor.

I was still holding hope for Ben Daniels. Oh well.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought the blesbian was pretty good. Hopefully they won't try to hammer us with gay social issues. She's ugly, for sure, but not so ugly that she has no chance of growing on me. Oh and too bad they didn't make clara a lesbian. I woulda loved to see her making out with someone.

During the episode, I was thinking waters of mars too, but I couldn't remember any specifics for the episode. So how close was this puddle to the waters? Was it close enough that the Dr should have recognized it immediately?

I guess since Bill is a gay, it's OK to have a character with an actual libido. It would be funny to have her constantly chasing pussy across time and space. I was thinking about what other recurring characters had libidos and Jack Harkness was the only one I could think of. So only gays, or am I forgetting some? I never considered what happened between River and the Dr to be lust, they fell for each other over a long period of time.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Now the various tabloids in Britain are saying David Bradley will be in the Xmas special playing the 1st Doctor (as he did in the Adventures in Time and Space docudrama for the 50th anniversary) as 1st and 12 team up. Course that doesn't jive with the other news that 12 regenerates before the Xmas special soooo take it all with a salt lick.

David Bradley will appear in Doctor Who Christmas special | Daily Mail Online
I mean.. they can always 'timey wimey' it and have the xmas special take place at a moment before the regeneration happens, even if the episode is shown afterwards. I agree that it would be confusing for viewers, and they probably won't do that.. but, you never know.

I just read that article, and it would be very cool (and very fitting) if Moffat expands on the moment from the anniversary episode with all the Doctors saving Gallifrey as his last episode. His huge, epic stories were the ones I generally liked the most of Moffat (plus things like 'Blink' on the other end) and thought he generally did well. The crack and silence arcs starting in literally the first episode Matt Smith's run, and coming full circle in his last, was great.
Seeing the 'saving of Gallifrey' portion of the anniversary episode from Capaldi's (and the 1st doctor's) point of view could be very cool. Especially if we get cameos from Tennant, Smith, etc.. or at least some re-used footage from other doctors. I've always liked when the Doctor interacts with other versions of himself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought the blesbian was pretty good. Hopefully they won't try to hammer us with gay social issues. She's ugly, for sure, but not so ugly that she has no chance of growing on me. Oh and too bad they didn't make clara a lesbian. I woulda loved to see her making out with someone.

During the episode, I was thinking waters of mars too, but I couldn't remember any specifics for the episode. So how close was this puddle to the waters? Was it close enough that the Dr should have recognized it immediately?

I guess since Bill is a gay, it's OK to have a character with an actual libido. It would be funny to have her constantly chasing pussy across time and space. I was thinking about what other recurring characters had libidos and Jack Harkness was the only one I could think of. So only gays, or am I forgetting some? I never considered what happened between River and the Dr to be lust, they fell for each other over a long period of time.
the baddies from waters of mars was some kind of alien parasite in the martian water which one drop could take over a host body. the theme was you can never stop water because water always gets in so basically the waters of mars baddies was an unstoppable force. this episode was just some gay BFF water thingy chasing the transpanion around time and space. did they explain who those voices were down in the puddle plotting about pilots and such.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
did they explain who those voices were down in the puddle plotting about pilots and such.

Nope they were not acknowledged at all, nor was the fact that bill was a pilot. Given how moffet works, I'm sure this was a one off episode and those will wind up being throw away lines.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Doctor implied the liquid was an AI didn't he?

I was more concerned about this casual unknown ships oil spot is the most advanced tech in the universe. Outrunning the Tardis through time and space, AND beating the shit out of a Dalek.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doctor implied the liquid was an AI didn't he?

I was more concerned about this casual unknown ships oil spot is the most advanced tech in the universe. Outrunning the Tardis through time and space, AND beating the shit out of a Dalek.
the Doc did explain away the following bit by claiming that it was able to chase them through time and space because it was attached through the tranny's gay ass promise. otherwise, yeah not sure how it took over the entire dalek, metal cylinder and jellylike Skaroan inside

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Nope they were not acknowledged at all, nor was the fact that bill was a pilot. Given how moffet works, I'm sure this was a one off episode and those will wind up being throw away lines.
Bill was the passenger, the star eye girl was the pilot. It was a little confusing because the Doctor thinks Bill might be the pilot at first, but he corrects himself and figures it out.

edit: oh, and also, to the other discussion going on.. It wasn't the most 'advanced' tech, it was the most 'alien' tech. It was from a separate dimension of some kind. Daleks had likely never encountered anything like it, but given time they'd figure it out and beat them. It kept up with the TARDIS because it was connected to Bill on a different dimension then time or space.
Think of the flat land, 2 dimension villains back a season or two ago, with Clara. They were powerful only because they were so different that the Doctor didn't know how to interface with them at first.
I do agree it was still a little lame to have something that powerful with such little explanation, though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
tried to, could never find it online, simm wasnt in it was he? i thought it was about a chick(and a mime?)?
Yeah the story is that he's vanished and she was his therapist or something, then she ends up in the same world working with sexist detective guy but this time it's the 80's. At the end you find out what it's all about. I only saw the final episode but it's well reviewed.

First result on google:

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I enjoyed watching it, but there's that warning sign again with sonic screwdriver magically fixing everything... could fall apart at any moment. I suppose it shows just how shallow it's become, that it's only good if you like the companion (Clara was shit).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought it was a better story this week too, i was expecting people here to be talking about how its another "dont do this or else" episode. next week they get to dress up in their old english costumes like they do every season for the last 8 years.

iannis

Musty Nester
Clara was pretty. And the Impossible Girl thing was neat. But it lasted for about 3 episodes and that mega regeneration episode before they... sort... of... just... forgot...

When Clara became just another person. Well, I never got tired of looking at her. So there's that.

Needs to be more than arm candy though. And I gotta put that on the writing. A lot of those Capaldi episodes just crawled up their own ass and told you how great it is instead of just being good.

I would rather disappointing monster of the week episodes to vapid self-referential wank sessions.

They can still do it. Capaldi had a few episodes where they did. I don't know the BBC politics of it but it's obvious that someone is spread too thin. Sherlock started getting the same way, too.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
This episode was fairly solid, as a self-contained thing anyways. I would like some more season arc/meta story elements, but it seems Moffat blew his creative load after Smith's run with that kind of stuff. That, or the BBC told him to stay away from it.

The 'cliffhanger' I saw coming. The Doctor always gets dates/times messed up when he says he can hit a certain point to a companion. "We'll be back right when we left" basically means "I'm gonna fuck up this one time, even though I do it correctly the other 99% of the time".

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Not sure on the oath thing, interesting. The ole English, first thing comes to mind.
I like Strax, others are eh.
latest?cb=20131024125804

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I like the lesbian lizard woman. Although I have never been able to figure out why they made her a lesbian.

It's not like I care. It's just sort of "well. Ok?"

That was a Tennant Episode wasn't it?